Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-31-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Uh....... why haven't we talked about...

Ted Ginn??

Couldn't we have used a guy like this??
Old 03-31-2006   #2
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Ted Ginn??

Couldn't we have used a guy like this??
i believe he doesnt come out until next year

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you're right. I'm going to keep an eye out for him. I'd like to see a full game.
Old 03-31-2006   #4
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Because he's a sophomore and is ineligible for this year's draft. Just a guess.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I will definetly be following him closely next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

He is even faster than I thought. The kid looks good, but a WR version of Bush who will have a lot of the same physical questions asked about his game.
Old 03-31-2006   #7
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

LOL Ginn will be in for a rough time if their is not a Texas Longhorn in the draft for all the media to focus all the negativity upon. I hope he has a great season next year because the kid can flat out fly.
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2006   #8
4th&inches
Rookie

good god he is fast...will make sure to watch this guy play next year!
Old 04-01-2006   #9
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
He is even faster than I thought. The kid looks good, but a WR version of Bush who will have a lot of the same physical questions asked about his game.
Not with the recent success of the smaller WR's in the NFL. Sinorice Moss is tiny, but because he's fast, he'll probably go 1st round. If anything, Moss being short has almost turned into a positive.

The difference is, Teddy can actually play. I still remember being at the OSHAA Div 1 track and field championships a few years back when all everyone was talking about was this Ginn kid who was gonna run the 110 hurdles. So I stuck around and saw first hand an amazing display of speed, explosiveness and grace. What he did at OSU after that never came as a shock to me.
Old 04-01-2006   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez...that dude can flat out fly. I think it'd be cool to see him and Reggie Bush in an agility contest or some time of skills competition. I would like to see Jerome Mathis and Ginn compete in a 40 yard dash though. Or have them run the whole field and see who's faster. That would be sweet.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
Not with the recent success of the smaller WR's in the NFL. Sinorice Moss is tiny, but because he's fast, he'll probably go 1st round. If anything, Moss being short has almost turned into a positive.

The difference is, Teddy can actually play. I still remember being at the OSHAA Div 1 track and field championships a few years back when all everyone was talking about was this Ginn kid who was gonna run the 110 hurdles. So I stuck around and saw first hand an amazing display of speed, explosiveness and grace. What he did at OSU after that never came as a shock to me.

I hope to catch some of his games in the upcoming year. I want to see if his hands are any good. can't really see that from a highlight film.
Old 04-01-2006   #12
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I know im getting a little ahead of myself here but can you imagine having Ginn opposite AJ with RB in the backfield. Holy Moly thats what I call speed.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 04-02-2006   #13
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I hope to catch some of his games in the upcoming year. I want to see if his hands are any good. can't really see that from a highlight film.
His hands aren't great, but he's rarely been in the situation where the tough catch had to be made. I'd give his hands a B-, as of now of course, there's always room for improvement.
Old 04-02-2006   #14
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
I know im getting a little ahead of myself here but can you imagine having Ginn opposite AJ with RB in the backfield. Holy Moly thats what I call speed.
I imagine it's about the same as having Mathis opposite AJ with Bush in the backfield, maybe a little better hands but not quite the speed.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006   #15
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I imagine it's about the same as having Mathis opposite AJ with Bush in the backfield, maybe a little better hands but not quite the speed.
I doubt the speed difference is too much of a difference between Ginn and Mathis (I think that's what you were referring to)
Old 04-02-2006   #16
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

does anyone know?

but I think he is faster than Reggie.
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006   #17
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

At the end of the clip it said he runs a 4.29.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2006   #18
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

actually from what I have heard, he has actually ran a 4.23 but then again it was probably ran on some kind of track that makes u faster, and it was this and it was that, so who really knows, we will just wait till he comes out.
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006   #19
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
actually from what I have heard, he has actually ran a 4.23 but then again it was probably ran on some kind of track that makes u faster, and it was this and it was that, so who really knows, we will just wait till he comes out.
Yeah, that seems like one of those "enhanced" college 40 times. He's probably in the 4.3's
Old 04-02-2006   #20
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2679 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

He had decent stats last season: 2005 Rec:51 Yards:803 Avg:15.7 Long:73 TD:4 Rushing - Att:12 Yards:83 Avg:6.9 Long:68 TD:1 No fumbles in either his freshman and sophmore seasons. I would have loved to have seen how many drops he had, but of course no stats on that.

He tore Notre Dame up in the Fiesta bowl with Rec:8 Yrds:167 Avg:20.9 Long:56 TD:1 Rushing - Att:2 Yards:73 Avg:36.5 Long:68 TD:1

Espn didn't have any stats from punt or kick returns for him
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read