Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2004   #21
mulpwr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
Preseason predictions and all that, there are many different opinions on the same team. Two guys say a team is ready for a Super Bowl run, while three other "experts" say that the same team will be lucky to win 8 games. It all means nothing except for good sports talk radio. But, even knowing that, it still makes you mad to hear someone trash your team. That's just a natural reaction.

You know it. We all get defensive when that happens. Even moreso if they don't back it up with good reasonings.
mulpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #22
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man
When it came down to prediction time Golic and Grennie both basically said the Texans would be lucky to get 5 wins this year. They also made the statement that we had no playmakers on offense.
Just looking back on what some of the ''experts'' said about the Texans before the season. I liked this one the best.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #23
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

We have got to win this next game. And if there ever was a team we have to jump on early and play 4 quarters against, the Jags are it. Everytime I see their score pop up on the 10 minute ticker, I see them winning the game in the last minute.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #24
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Ok everyone who agrees with vinny we know ,,,all yall are doing is writing the same stuff he keeps writing ! How bout showcasing your own opinions for once are is that to difficult ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #25
phan1
All Pro

Won't win 5 games???!!! We're already 3-3 with 10 games left in the season! That's ridiculous.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #26
phan1
All Pro

Won't win 5 games???!!! We're already 3-3 with 10 games left in the season! That's ridiculous. In fact, It's so ridiculous that I don't even believe that any commentators would say than. I don't believe a word you're saying.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #27
Jwwillis
All Pro

Football is also an old-school sport. Expansion teams are looked down on even when they are winning.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2004   #28
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man
They also made the statement that we had no playmakers on offense.
What is AJ? I guess their crystal ball needs cleaned.
Old 10-22-2004   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
Ok everyone who agrees with vinny we know ,,,all yall are doing is writing the same stuff he keeps writing ! How bout showcasing your own opinions for once are is that to difficult ?
I agree with Vinny and this is what I have to say about it:

Why is this so shocking? They have to pick SOMEBODY to win 5 games. If you go to every message board in the NFL you will see that every single team is slated to finish either 10-6 or 12-4. On balance we seem to be driven to joyful mania when someone likes us, and then dump down in to rage when someone in the media doesn't. The bottom line is that the NFL is a tough league and we were the worst offense and the worst defense in the NFL last year statistically. You get a reputation in the NFL by winning. We will get one when we start winning. Not sooner. These shows are based on opinions. Every team can't win 10 games. The media types have to make a call, and until we can do something on the field I don't know why they must share our up-close and personal optimism.

Just hope I don't get sued for plaguerism.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #30
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I agree with Vinny and this is what I have to say about it:

Why is this so shocking? They have to pick SOMEBODY to win 5 games. If you go to every message board in the NFL you will see that every single team is slated to finish either 10-6 or 12-4. On balance we seem to be driven to joyful mania when someone likes us, and then dump down in to rage when someone in the media doesn't. The bottom line is that the NFL is a tough league and we were the worst offense and the worst defense in the NFL last year statistically. You get a reputation in the NFL by winning. We will get one when we start winning. Not sooner. These shows are based on opinions. Every team can't win 10 games. The media types have to make a call, and until we can do something on the field I don't know why they must share our up-close and personal optimism.

Just hope I don't get sued for plaguerism.

BAD BAD BAD shouldnt be stealing other peoples work,,,hope vinny dont see it ya got a good lawyer ???????
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read