Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-31-2006   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Parcells' silence remains deafening

LINK

Two weeks later, and the rumors and the doomers continue to surface.

National speculation centers on Big Bill not being pleased that his locker-room chapel will now be fouled by the football devil himself, Eldorado Owens.

In other words, blame it on Jerry.

I read it twice this week in dispatches from the NFL owners' meetings in Orlando, where Bill Parcells was again a no-show. The only coach in the league who wasn't in attendance.

Who knows if there's any truth to Jerry Jones and Parcells reaching a Splitsville crossroads on the issue of Eldorado? But the rumors and doomers will persist until Parcells finally steps up and gives his answer.

When Bill made himself unavailable for the Owens media conference two weeks ago at Valley Ranch, the Cow sheep quickly sprang to Parcells' defense:

He never attends these signings.

But this one, of course, was like no other.

Obviously, Parcells should have been there. When he wasn't, that left Owens' arrival ripe for speculation.

Either way, however, it doesn't matter.

Parcells has no wiggle room here.

Like it or not, Eldorado is now permanently attached to Big Bill's hip and coaching résumé.

If he didn't want the troublemaker, then Parcells should have gone to the wall with Jones. Just say NO.

And what if Jerry wouldn't take NO for an answer?

Easy answer.

Quit.
Old 03-31-2006   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Parcells as already stayed one year longer than I predicted. I underestimated how much $$$ the Tuna lost in his divorce. Speaking of divorce, this has to be the beginning of the end of the Parcells/Jones union.
Old 03-31-2006   #3
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

You know. Real funny, how something as slight and small as this with the Cowboys, is always blown out of proportion on this site, and is critiqued.

Parcell's works in the dark like this every year. He is a coach that takes his job serious and lets nothing get in his way.

He doesn't care what the media thinks. When Bledsoe was signed, he wasn't at the press conference, when Henry/Ferguson/Rivera were signed, he was wasn't there.

Has anyone played the Cowboys on Madden?? Ever wonder why there's a black dude with glasses as the coach instead of Parcells? That's because he even isn't in the NFL coaches association.

He's a hermit in the off-season. He knows these last seasons are his last shot at returning to glory. We know he is always hard at work trying to improve the Cowboys.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Speculation is fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
He's a hermit in the off-season. He knows these last seasons are his last shot at returning to glory. We know he is always hard at work trying to improve the Cowboys.

So, what you are saying is that he is nakedly dancing in a murky underground grotto ritually sacrificing young children and drinking their blood and eating their hearts whilst mumbling secret incantations to seal his pact with the Devil, otherwise known as Satan, Lucifer, Asmodai, Beelzebub, Mephistopheles and/or Jerry.*

Or maybe the Tuna is playing with his grandkids.

*Apologies for that visual.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #5
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

As a Cowboys fan, I'm not all that crazy about the deal. I still hate when he ran to pose on the star when he played for the 49ers. Kudos to Leon Lett or whoever it was that put that hit on him right afterwards. Oh well. Y'all deal w/ him. intersting to see how Parcells handles TO.

Oh and be ready to go down 0-2 to the Texans in '06-'07, fellow Cowboy fans
Old 03-31-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
So, what you are saying is that he is nakedly dancing in a murky underground grotto ritually sacrificing young children and drinking their blood and eating their hearts whilst mumbling secret incantations to seal his pact with the Devil, otherwise known as Satan, Lucifer, Asmodai, Beelzebub, Mephistopheles and/or Jerry.*
Or maybe the Tuna is playing with his grandkids.
He Doesn't eat the hearts.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
As a Cowboys fan, I'm not all that crazy about the deal. I still hate when he ran to pose on the star when he played for the 49ers. Kudos to Leon Lett or whoever it was that put that hit on him right afterwards. Oh well. Y'all deal w/ him. intersting to see how Parcells handles TO.

Oh and be ready to go down 0-2 to the Texans in '06-'07, fellow Cowboy fans

George Teague.... #31
Old 04-01-2006   #7
4th&inches
Rookie

[quote=Has anyone played the Cowboys on Madden?? Ever wonder why there's a black dude with glasses as the coach instead of Parcells? That's because he even isn't in the NFL coaches association.[/QUOTE]
lol...i never thought about that but always wondered why that was
Old 04-01-2006   #8
4th&inches
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
Kudos to Leon Lett or whoever it was that put that hit on him right afterwards. Oh well. Y'all deal w/ him. intersting to see how Parcells handles TO.
I dont think that Leon Lett would have made it out there in time...and another question is if everyone is so mad about what he did, which i thought that it was funny, why dont people know who went out there and hit him off of the star? and yes it was george teague.
Old 04-01-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, he may be lucky that nobody shot him with a concealed deer rifle.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #10
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
he is nakedly dancing

I don't think there is an apology that is even remotely appropriate for that visual. To be quite honest, if it was within my power I would have you subjected to such an event just because you suggested such a horrible thing.

Dear God, I now have to crack open my skull and take a cheese grater to my brain to try to get the visual out.

Damn you Texans_Chick.

:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall
Old 04-01-2006   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Randy Galloway wrote that article I believe.

He's definitely not a fan of Terrell and not much for "Big Bill" either as he calls him.

I think Coach Parcells has pretty much stayed away from any press conferences. He wasn't at Bledsoe's from what I remember.

I really believe the Jerry/Bill thing has gone surprisingly well.

If it hadn't Bill would have left after last year.

The rumor I've heard is Jerry wants Coach Holmgren...he won't get him but that's what is out there. When Bill leaves of course.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Randy Galloway wrote that article I believe.

He's definitely not a fan of Terrell and not much for "Big Bill" either as he calls him.

I think Coach Parcells has pretty much stayed away from any press conferences. He wasn't at Bledsoe's from what I remember.

I really believe the Jerry/Bill thing has gone surprisingly well.

If it hadn't Bill would have left after last year.

The rumor I've heard is Jerry wants Coach Holmgren...he won't get him but that's what is out there. When Bill leaves of course.
I'm sure he was at the Bledsoe confrence. After all, he wanted Bledsoe, Jerry wanted Henson.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So, what you are saying is that he is nakedly dancing in a murky underground grotto ritually sacrificing young children and drinking their blood and eating their hearts whilst mumbling secret incantations to seal his pact with the Devil, otherwise known as Satan, Lucifer, Asmodai, Beelzebub, Mephistopheles and/or Jerry.
I can only do that once a year at Austin's Carnaval Brasileiro.
Old 04-01-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see the Tuna being displeased with this deal. But his ego is probably large enough to sustain a relationship for a year, just for that sliver of a chance that the Cowboys find that magic chemistry and make a run at it.

However, I won't be surprised at all if the TO signing comes back to bite Jerry in the 2006 season, especially if they don't win. While one of the best receivers in football today, I think his attitude is incorrigible. It's a personality flaw.
Old 04-01-2006   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 10 years ('96 season). If it doesn't happen this year, stick a fork in Parcells.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tuna is a smart guy and a pretty good coach and knows a turd when he sees one.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 10 years ('96 season). If it doesn't happen this year, stick a fork in Parcells.
...so he can eat more Ramen noodles.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Tuna is a smart guy and a pretty good coach and knows a turd when he sees one.
Yea, that's what I'm saying. Parsells is just a rent-a-coach who has no particular sentiments about the Cowboys one way or the other but knows a
piece of dog dung when he sees it, while the owner Jones would sell the teams entire history and culture down the river for a shot at the playoffs.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #19
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
I'm sure he was at the Bledsoe confrence. After all, he wanted Bledsoe, Jerry wanted Henson.

Actually he wasnt. He wasnt at Keys, Ferguson, Vinny and all the other HIS GUYS PC's. So there is no reason for him to be at TO's whether he was on board or not.
Old 04-01-2006   #20
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
while the owner Jones would sell the teams entire history and culture down the river for a shot at the playoffs.

LOL!!! The history of the famous White House or the history of Mike somking crack in a hotel room with a couple of hookers while his wife and kids are at home. Maybe it's the history of Hollywood Henderson or Bob Hayes. Maybe its Raphael Septien getting caught with a kid.

It goes futher than JJ. What really cracks me up are Cowboy fans who say they wont root for the Cowboys because of TO but yet they had no problems with the 90 Cowboys and the others who came before them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read