Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-31-2006   #1
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP
Default 5k? (Is it possible for Carr to pass for 5 000 yds?)

Is it possible for Carr to pass for 5 000 yds? With AJ, Moulds (?) DD, Bush(?), Putzier and Walters available. These guys do not drop many and I think DC will go crazy. I know Kubes likes to run, but man these guys can be some horses! Ideas?
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #2
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

is it possible...sure...is it likely...no...i think a good season stat for carr would be around 3600+yds with around 28tds and 10ints...but here's the key to all of that...absolutely no more than 30 sacks this season for carr
Old 03-31-2006   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Possible, of course. Kubiak loves the run to much for a 5k season.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #4
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
is it possible...sure...is it likely...no...i think a good season stat for carr would be around 3600+yds with around 28tds and 10ints...but here's the key to all of that...absolutely no more than 30 sacks this season for carr
Wow, that's less than 2 sacks per game. You sure are optimistic. Hope you are correct.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #5
CodeBlue
Rookie

honestly i got to say no. look at the offense we may be running next year. DD and Bush are too big of threats to not get the ball into their hands. Kube ran a run first/ pass second offense in denver, and he almost had 2 1000yrd rushers and still had a 1000yrd WR (i think that Smith did). And honestly, DD and Bush have way more upside than bell and anderson (not to mention younger). Kube is all about clock control and if we have those two running the ball why would we pass? he is getting the offensive line in check, and imagine if we drafted Darryn Colledge. thats our Matt Lepsis of the future right there.

Do not expect an immediate 7 to 8 game turn around this year, because we haven't really touched the D, and we were last in the league in that category last year too. i give Buch one more year at CB, then he is toast. we will get a FS in the draft next year that will be worth a damn, and then we will have an actual contender to root for

i am new to the boards here so if i am wrong on anything let me know, but i just wanted to get my in

GOOOOO TEEXXANNSSSS!!!!!!!
CodeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #6
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro

Kube loves to run the ball, because without the run established you cannot expect to pass the ball successfully. If defenses have to respect your running that means that safety and or linebacker that would fall back into coverage has to come closer to the line and Play Action is successful then as they will hesitate allowing the WRs to get behind the linebackers and have a better chance of 1 on 1 coverage with one of the sides as an option.

The way I see it defenses are going to have to pick their poison. They will double AJ naturally or at least try to hide it. This will allow 1 on 1 with Moulds (if he gets here) and walter in the slot which until they respect him for the WR he is will get several catches behind the linebackers and in front of the safeties. especially of they try to cheat and slide over to Moulds on the pump fake. Then they will start to play the middle more allowing Bush to hit the outside as Walter takes his blocks in and AJ or moulds sets him free!!!!
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #7
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I know everybody will pitch a fit for this, but I say yes:

IF we run that kind of offense that has him throwing the ball enough.
IF he proves to be the kind of quarterback I believe he can and will be.

Two big ifs, but I think he can do it.
Old 03-31-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I could think of over a 100 Qb's that I think could do it before bringing up Carr. Do I still think he coud do it? Nope.

By the way it has only been done once:
Most Yards Gained, Season
5,084 Dan Marino, Miami, 1984
4,830 Kurt Warner, St. Louis, 2001
4,802 Dan Fouts, San Diego, 1981

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/passing
Old 03-31-2006   #9
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Everyone is painting Kubiak a certain way, but if you remember he has said he will do in effect what seems to be right. If we need to pass to win that's what we will do. If we need to run to win that's what we will do. The Texan's offense has the potential to be right up there with the rest of them. We will just have to see how it comes together.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #10
bklatch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
Is it possible for Carr to pass for 5 000 yds? With AJ, Moulds (?) DD, Bush(?), Putzier and Walters available. These guys do not drop many and I think DC will go crazy. I know Kubes likes to run, but man these guys can be some horses! Ideas?

Are you seriously ill? Wow!
bklatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that if Carr ever does that, it will be at least 2 yrs. from now. I've been on his side and I believe he will improve drastically this year, but I would be shocked if he did that well so soon after that train wreck last year.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #12
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklatch
Are you seriously ill? Wow!

I think that Carr will pass for 5000 yards easy, on several XBox 360 consoles around the city.
Old 03-31-2006   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Everyone is painting Kubiak a certain way, but if you remember he has said he will do in effect what seems to be right. If we need to pass to win that's what we will do. If we need to run to win that's what we will do. The Texan's offense has the potential to be right up there with the rest of them. We will just have to see how it comes together.
Assuming he stays healthy, I would expect about 4000yds: 250 yds per game. Man, I'm excited about the season now!!!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #14
NRowl
Rookie

5,000 yards is too high to be even a possibility in my book. The most passing yards by a qb last regular season was only 4110. With Kube's run first system and splitting carries between DD and Bush(?) I would be very happy if Carr were able to even come close to 4000. If Carr gets a new season high for his career (current best is 3531 in 2003) it should end all the debate of if he is the future or not. I am not a huge Carr fan but I will surely be rooting for him!
NRowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

No possible way. Like the person said, only Marino has done it. As good as the offense looks, I don't think they are as good as the Colts are or as the "Greatest Show on Turf" was with the Rams. 3500 yards would be nice though.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Assuming he stays healthy, I would expect about 4000yds: 250 yds per game. Man, I'm excited about the season now!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRowl
5,000 yards is too high to be even a possibility in my book. The most passing yards by a qb last regular season was only 4110. With Kube's run first system and splitting carries between DD and Bush(?) I would be very happy if Carr were able to even come close to 4000. If Carr gets a new season high for his career (current best is 3531 in 2003) it should end all the debate of if he is the future or not. I am not a huge Carr fan but I will surely be rooting for him!

Yeah, I'm thinking 4000 should be an attainable, but not easy, goal for this year. Of course, the play-calling may limit that.

PS-Um, dalemurphy....I don't think Capers is coming back.

Last edited by HJam72; 03-31-2006 at 05:38 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #17
LBblitz
Veteran

5,000 is a little much, I think if everything goes right it will be between 3,700 and 4,200 IF that. Hopefully we wont have to air it out at the end of the games playing catch-up and just run the clock out to seal the win...
Old 03-31-2006   #18
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBblitz
5,000 is a little much, I think if everything goes right it will be between 3,700 and 4,200 IF that. Hopefully we wont have to air it out at the end of the games playing catch-up and just run the clock out to seal the win...
Unless it was Indy and the boys said pay back time...................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #19
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I think some of you are getting a little carried away. 5000 yards? Get real folks.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #20
southtexan
Veteran

I don't care about pass yards or run yards, I just want a winning team that makes it to the playoffs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read