Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-31-2006   #1
Texan_Kev
Rookie

Default New Poll on NFL.com regarding Kubes and other new coaches

Check it out.. I think it's pretty interesting that Kubiak is thought of as being one the new head coaches getting the most wins this coming season! Go put your vote in now!!!

http://www.nfl.com/

(MODS: Sorry if this is a duplicate.)

-Kevin
Texan_Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #2
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I dont really remember who most those names coach now, lol. Was trying not to be a but I still picked Kubiak...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #3
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I think kubiak is #1 because he's done such a good job turning this franchise around player wise.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary is in second place behind Childress.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #5
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Go Kubiak. Will keep an eye out for all of those teams regardless.
Old 03-31-2006   #6
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

I find it funny Sean Payton is in third. Tons of Cowboy fans out there.
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #7
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

just voted and gary is 2nd behind brad childress. 28% to 18%
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2006   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we please agree to NOT call him "Kubes?"

I get a very disturbing visual every time I see him called that.

And how can Childress be ahead of Kubiak? Wow. Lotsa' Norlanders out there, eh?
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #9
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976

i agree with the "kubes" reference
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #10
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Coach K perhaps?
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #11
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texizgreat
Coach K perhaps?
I think the Dukies have a copyright on that...lol
Old 03-31-2006   #12
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Coachiak ??? lol
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #13
ClintonPortis26
Rookie

I think it will be Sean Payton, he learned from bill parcells and has Drew Brees, Duece MCallister, Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, and a pretty solid offensive line. If they do the right thing and draft A.J Hawk their one of my sleeper teams this season.

Though I do believe Gary Kubiak and the Houston Texans would win that question if they said "Which coach hired in 2006 has been the most successfull?". 3 Years from now.
Old 04-01-2006   #14
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO a big reason that we don't get more votes is because we are still a joke of a franchise to other fans. Thanks to those two blowouts on ESPN. Good times. Good times.
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texizgreat
Coachiak ??? lol
Now THAT is cool. Nice...........daddy likey.
Old 04-01-2006   #16
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976

I voted for Childress. After all, if you think that the Texans are going to have a better record than the Vikes, you are kidding yourself.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #17
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonPortis26
I think it will be Sean Payton, he learned from bill parcells and has Drew Brees, Duece MCallister, Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, and a pretty solid offensive line. If they do the right thing and draft A.J Hawk their one of my sleeper teams this season.

Though I do believe Gary Kubiak and the Houston Texans would win that question if they said "Which coach hired in 2006 has been the most successfull?". 3 Years from now.
Three years from now, Kubiak may be fired.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Vikes have always been an "either/or" team. Always. They are EITHER winning and get deep into the playoffs, OR they just flat out can't win to save their lives. Sort of like the Oilers were.

I do not see them running away with the North, let alone getting deep into the playoffs. I like our chances a lot better just because I think we're getting the right mix together. Childress handled the Culpepper thing completely wrong, and it appears the Vikes have a very iron-fisted coach at the helm. Big payroll going to "star" players + iron-fisted coach = High potential for a meltdown. The owner is very quick to pull the trigger on firing, and he doesn't mind doing such a thing in a tasteless manner as he did to Tice.

I like our chances, and I think Kubiak will outshine Childress.
Old 04-01-2006   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

And you're out of your tree if you think Kubiak will get only 3 years compared to Dom's 4-year stint that should have been a 3-year stint. That's my opinion. You have it in for the guy, don't you? This is the second time in a span of about 5 minutes that I've seen you rag the guy.

Coachiak is here for at least 4 years.
Old 04-01-2006   #20
Jwwillis
All Pro

I don't know if Coach K will get more wins than any other new coach this year, but I can tell you he will be coaching the most improved team of the season. Most times, the coach who produces a big turnaround from 1yr to the next wins Coach of the Year.

I'm not seeing the season record predictions on the boards like I usually do this time of year. (maybe im not looking hard enough)

However, Im thinking 9-7 from 2-14. If by some miracle the Texans make the playoffs, Kubiak will recieve Bum Phillips status for us old local boys; Not to mention league wide respect. Kubiak is lucky to get a team that had more talent than 2-14 plus prime picks in the draft...and McNair. He has set himself up to be a very rich man.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read