Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-31-2006   #1
dhaNim
Rookie

Default Falcons looking to upgrade Line

This was part of an article on ESPN but it was part of insider. The Falcons are looking for some line help, and the article was pretty long but i thought this part was a little interesting so i thought i would share it.

Quote:
Don't be surprised, then, if the Falcons try to land three-year veteran Kwame Harris, the 2003 first-round pick of the San Francisco 49ers, in a trade.

Falcons coach Jim Mora was the defensive coordinator in San Francisco when the 49ers chose Harris with the 26th overall selection in 2003 and watched the former Stanford standout start five games as a rookie. Harris started all 16 games in 2005 at right tackle, but his previous dozen starts -- five in 2003 and seven in 2004 -- were on the left side. There is still some debate around the league about whether the behemoth Harris (6-foot-7 and 310 pounds) can play the left side. But, remember, Falcons quarterback Michael Vick is left-handed, so the responsibilities for blindside protection actually fall to right tackle Todd Weiner.

ESPN.com has confirmed that there have been some discussions between Atlanta and San Francisco officials about Harris, a player to whom the current 49ers staff has no innate loyalties, since it didn't choose him. Word at the annual league meetings earlier this week was that the 49ers have already turned down an offer of third- and fourth-round draft choices for Harris from another franchise interested in him, so the Falcons might have to go a bit higher than that to land the three-year veteran, and they might be reluctant to do so.
dhaNim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #2
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Hmmm. Sounds like Mora really didn't like starting 6-2 & missing the playoffs last year. He has been really busy this offseason.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #3
dhaNim
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
Hmmm. Sounds like Mora really didn't like starting 6-2 & missing the playoffs last year. He has been really busy this offseason.
they actually lost a couple of O-linemen i think. Adam Shaeffer for sure.
dhaNim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think their defense alone should win them 8 games.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
I think their defense alone should win them 8 games.
Agreed. Adding Milloy & Abraham is really good moves. Now that they seem to be abondoning that West Coast Style, Vick can only get better in my opinion. If he can get them 20+ points per game, I see them in the playoffs. Still behind Carolina though.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Falcons should be a favorite to go as a wild card.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read