Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who will be #1 WR
Andre Johnson 84 94.38%
Eric Moulds 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2006   #1
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas
Default A.J or Moulds

I noticed in the extremely long topic of Eric Moulds, there is a part towards the end where people are arguing about who will be our #1. I figured i'd bring it to a new thread. I think our #1 will be AJ...Opinions...
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #2
whiskeyrbl

Hands down it is AJ. No way we Dis this guy if we don't want him to leave in 08.
Old 03-31-2006   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
Hands down it is AJ. No way we Dis this guy if we don't want him to leave in 08.

100% agreed, but I still say that Moulds has a good shot at being our most productive wideout statistically (if we get him...)
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
100% agreed, but I still say that Moulds has a good shot at being our most productive wideout statistically (if we get him...)
I agree. On our depth chart, Andre Johnson will definately be our #1 reciever. I could see Eric Moulds having better statistics, but I don't think it's going to happen. Andre had almost no support his first two seasons, and he almost racked up 1000 yards his rookie year and was a Pro Bowler his 2nd season. Now with Moulds (presumably) lining up on to opposite side of the field, a duo in the backfield with Reggie Bush (presumably) and Domanick Davis, and a quality NFL tight end who the defense can't play lax defense on, I can see Johnson easily catching 85-90 passes for over 1300 yards. If he stays healthy. There's going to be no more double teaming on him with our new offense. And with Kubiak as coach, we're going to know how to spread the ball around to everyone.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
My Exactly
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #6
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Where as Moulds is a capable #1, it's AJs job to lose, which I doubt he will.
Old 03-31-2006   #7
KSig44
Veteran

Talking

Moulds=McAffrey=possesion reciever
AJ=R. Smith=distance threat

Comparison was made to the late 90's Bronco's because comparing AJ to Lelie is an insult to AJ.
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2006   #8
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig44
Moulds=McAffrey=possesion reciever
AJ=R. Smith=distance threat

Comparison was made to the late 90's Bronco's because comparing AJ to Lelie is an insult to AJ.

respectfully disagree. Moulds is better now than McAffery was then.
If he comes here you will be surprised.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is a better player. Moulds has the experience but AJ is so athletic.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #10
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Oh what a difference a few weeks make.

A few weeks ago you could argue that the Texans didn't have a reciever that was #2 calibur. Soon we might have two #1 guys, plus a great tight-end, plus a sick play maker in Reggie Bush, and a decent #2-#3 guy in Walters.

If we get Moulds, that will be the cherry on top for this off season.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #11
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak is installing the W.C.O there really isn't as much distinguishing the #1 and #2 receivers. Both will start. Both will be on the field for most of the offensive plays. Both will probably see similar numbers of balls thrown to them. Think of the Broncos offense in 2000. Both McCaffery and Smith had 100 catches with over 1000 yards each. They also had 98 catches amongst their 3 tight ends. Anderson ran for 1,400 yards. The QBs were Griese and Frerotte. I think the Texans can have similar (even if not at those same levels) success. Everyone goes away happy. Especially the fans watching the fireworks.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #12
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

How about adding a 3rd choice ... Does it really matter?
Old 03-31-2006   #13
justtxyank
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 justtxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respectedjusttxyank is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not really sure who's statistics will be better nor do I care.
justtxyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #14
KSig44
Veteran

My statment wasn't that I thought Moulds was as good as McAffrey, it was more of what role the two will play in Kubiaks offense. I think Moulds is better than McAffrey and AJ is better than Rod Smith at this point in thier careers.
KSig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #15
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I can see AJ's catches drop but yards per catch skyrocket. I think a solid OT at 2nd round would make me feek better and I'm a big fan of Pitts. Nothing like a good back up even though CHester doesn't miss many plays. What do you bet that Carr is salivating over being turned loose?
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #16
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig44
My statment wasn't that I thought Moulds was as good as McAffrey, it was more of what role the two will play in Kubiaks offense. I think Moulds is better than McAffrey and AJ is better than Rod Smith at this point in thier careers.
i wouldn't go that far. Rod Smith's been producing for a lonnnnng time.
Old 04-01-2006   #17
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think that siging Moulds will help out both AJ and Moulds because they will both be open more often and they will both catch a lot iof balls. I think AJ will have better numbers because he will beat out Moulds for the #1 WR but they will both be big contributing factors in our offense.
Old 04-01-2006   #18
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
If Kubiak is installing the W.C.O there really isn't as much distinguishing the #1 and #2 receivers. Both will start. Both will be on the field for most of the offensive plays. Both will probably see similar numbers of balls thrown to them. Think of the Broncos offense in 2000. Both McCaffery and Smith had 100 catches with over 1000 yards each. They also had 98 catches amongst their 3 tight ends. Anderson ran for 1,400 yards. The QBs were Griese and Frerotte. I think the Texans can have similar (even if not at those same levels) success. Everyone goes away happy. Especially the fans watching the fireworks.
There is one HUGE difference between them still, although Kube is apprently working on that.... OFFENSIVE LINE!!!
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #19
HOOK'EM
Veteran

............it will be GREAT!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read