Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-31-2006   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default Great days ahead?

I don't know about the rest of y'all,but I cannot wait till August!!!!Yea even the preseason,I am stoked over the moves in FA and the thoughts of what Draft day will bring have me in a fantasy daze. The mere thought of what if,the countless possibilites, the versatility that can all come with our new look TEXANS. I feel like a kid awaiting my first trip to Astroworld.No matter who you want in the Draft you have to have a smile on your face right now. Even though we seem to have a tough schedule I don't think there will be one opponent that pencils in a "W" by our name before the game is played.
No more automatic wins. Jesus can you imagine the defensive nightmare for our foes. Yes my friends it is a great day indeed to be a TEXAN FAN!!!!
Man I just couldn't hold it in how about y'all ? LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2006   #2
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yes...I am very anxious too...However kids no longer want to go to astroworld... ...I am excited just to watch the draft and see what all the teams do. Then the pre-season can give us a idea of what were looking at.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #3
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Yes...I am very anxious too...However kids no longer want to go to astroworld... ...I am excited just to watch the draft and see what all the teams do. Then the pre-season can give us a idea of what were looking at.
Only metaphore I could think of at the moment,but I still remember that feeling I had in the late 60's when I was told I was going the first time,got that giddy feeling about this years team.
Old 03-31-2006   #4
Trenches
Veteran

we are only a nightmare for a defense IF our offensive line gets fixed. it would seem, on paper, that it should be better. but u have to wait and see how they play.

until I see evidence that we have a real O line it is still the #1 weakness on our club.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #5
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 30085 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Man, the last time I was at AstroWorld the "Texas Cyclone" was the BADDEST thing on multiple wheels.
Old 03-31-2006   #6
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
I don't know about the rest of y'all,but I cannot wait till August!!!!
Heard this all before a year ago.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #7
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenches
we are only a nightmare for a defense IF our offensive line gets fixed. it would seem, on paper, that it should be better. but u have to wait and see how they play.

until I see evidence that we have a real O line it is still the #1 weakness on our club.
The defense is just as bad. Don't you recall how many RBs last year set rushing records against the Texans D last year? Remember the Seattle game? Of course, when you succeed at the running game it just sets up the pass as well. Plus, the Texans failed to get consistent pressure on the opposing QB.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2006   #8
horn_omatic
Rookie

very true bobo but IF we get moulds and IF we get reggie our offense should be better and hopefully stay on the field longer, thus giving our defense more time to rest!
Old 03-31-2006   #9
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn_omatic
very true bobo but IF we get moulds and IF we get reggie our offense should be better and hopefully stay on the field longer, thus giving our defense more time to rest!

Exactly. At a minimum the defense should be quite improved against the run. The hope is that translates into better secondary play.

I think the Texans' investment in the offense will pay off defensively. An average defense can be helped greatly by an offense that wins the time of possession battle, both in terms of staying fresh and also from keeping the offense off the field for long stretches and preventing them from getting into any kind of rhythm. Maybe I'm wrong and need to find the dark lining around the silver cloud.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read