Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-31-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eagle's and Gaffney

So now that they're trying to make an excuse as to why Moulds won't be going there and that he sucks now, they've also been saying that Gaffney will be an upgrade over their #2. Now I know Gaffney didn't get as many balls thrown to him as we would have liked, seeing as Carr was constantly on the bottom of a dogpile, but I would think after 4 years, Gaffney would have shown us that he was capable of being a #2. There were never any flashes of "brilliance" that I saw in him. Best of luck to the Eagles with Gaffney as their #2. We'll enjoy our time with a proven WR, Moulds, as our #2.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagles fans will learn soon enough that Gaffney has good hands, isn't afraid to go across the middle, but isn't a breakaway threat from a X or Z position because of his inability to get separation on good corners, especially in straight man coverage.

Last edited by aj.; 03-31-2006 at 12:29 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #3
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
So now that they're trying to make an excuse as to why Moulds won't be going there and that he sucks now, they've also been saying that Gaffney will be an upgrade over their #2. Now I know Gaffney didn't get as many balls thrown to him as we would have liked, seeing as Carr was constantly on the bottom of a dogpile, but I would think after 4 years, Gaffney would have shown us that he was capable of being a #2. There were never any flashes of "brilliance" that I saw in him. Best of luck to the Eagles with Gaffney as their #2. We'll enjoy our time with a proven WR, Moulds, as our #2.
Many people say the same thing about Carr.

Interestingly, it looks like both of these guys are going to get their chances this year and won't have any excuses.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Gaffney's numbers are comparable I think to Givens, who everyone agrees is a definite #2. Gaffney, IIRC, had more first downs...... I think he was a solid #2, and he's still has plenty of upside.

I'm really upset about loosing him....

Of course we could hear some news Monday that will ease the pain.
Old 03-31-2006   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Gaffney's numbers are comparable I think to Givens, who everyone agrees is a definite #2. Gaffney, IIRC, had more first downs...... I think he was a solid #2, and he's still has plenty of upside.

I'm really upset about loosing him....

Of course we could hear some news Monday that will ease the pain.
Gaff has 171 catches in 64 games for 2009 yards, 11.7 YPC, and 7 TD's. Givens has 158 catches in 53 games for 2214 yards, 14.0 YPC, and 12 TD's.
Old 04-01-2006   #6
Dawkins
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Where is this hostility coming from towards Eagles fans? The majority of us were never high on Moulds in the first place. I'm not sure I'm understanding the reasoning for the tone behind your post. Not to rag on the Texans, but Gaffney hasn't exactly had an offensive juggernaught to prove himself with. I'm not sitting here claiming that the Eagles' offense is the greatest ever, but I think if Gaffney really is going to prove himself, this will be the perfect place to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Eagles fans will learn soon enough that Gaffney has good hands, isn't afraid to go across the middle, but isn't a breakaway threat from a X or Z position because of his inability to get separation on good corners, especially in straight man coverage.
That's why a lot of us are excited to see what Gaffney can do here. Good hands is something that I'd rather have in most situations than breakaway speed. If he can be reliable on 3rd down situations to pick up a first, then that's good enough for me. We have Reggie Brown and Pinkston (:brickwall ) for other aspects of the receiving game.
Dawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson had the same offensive "juggernaut" and made the Pro Bowl.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagles fans will be pleasantly surprised with the addition of Gaff. In my opinion he will be one of the best signings this year.
Old 04-01-2006   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Eagles fans will be pleasantly surprised with the addition of Gaff. In my opinion he will be one of the best signings this year.
Ditto.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's why a lot of us are excited to see what Gaffney can do here. Good hands is something that I'd rather have in most situations than breakaway speed. If he can be reliable on 3rd down situations to pick up a first, then that's good enough for me.
Then you will probably end up liking him. Good possession slot guy.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish Gaffney all the luck in the world, especially those two games against the Cowboys! I'd be excited to have him if I was an Eagles fan. It will be cool to see what he's truly capable of on an established offence.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read