Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-31-2006   #1
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler
Default Imagine This Offense Thread

Imagine This Offense thread is when someone puts their realisticly dream offense, also give stats to how good the player is.

For Example

QB-David Carr(3500 Yards 23 TD's)
RB-Reggie Bush/Domanick Davis(Both 800 yards 5 touchdowns,but rush well in big situations!)
FB-Jamel Cook?- I dont know who the fullback is gonna be?
WR1-Andre Johnson(1200 Yards 10 TDs |WR2 Eric Moulds(1000 7 TDs
Oline- Pitts-McKinney-Flanagan-Weigert-Wand|25 Sacks

KR: Jerome Mathis 5 TD Returns!

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #2
texman8
Veteran

Looks Good.... BUsh/Davis should get more than 800 yard avg. more like 2100 yards combined. SEE Broncos last season.....Anderson 1100 yds. Bell 970 yds.

Sacks allowed: less than 35 ...would be ok

Mathis : 2 to 3 TD returns

Should be a dynamic offense with added pieces and better offensive staff and schemes.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

First off, let me say I'm not big on Reggie playing in Texas...

that being said, I'd be pretty upset if he only equates to 5 TDs. I even expect DD to average close to one a game. Mike Anderson & Tatum Bell combined for 20 rushing touchdowns, and Anderson added 5 recieving TDs in 2005. Surely we can get that out of these two.

Andre on one side, Moulds on the other, a big tight end, two Recieving running backs(one that could "take it to the house") and a pass catching Full back............ I expect to see 23 touchdowns out of David Carr by week 10. He'd better be pushing 30 before the end of the season. Dang, I forgot Armstrong and Mathis.......... yeah, I expect more than 23 touchdowns out of Carr....... unless we're sitting him the 4th quarter because we're blowing teams out of the water.
Old 03-31-2006   #4
el toro
All Pro

Plenty of possibilities, no doubt.

The one I like is

AJ
DD
RB
JP
EM

Defenses won't know if the run or pass is coming with that lineup.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
First off, let me say I'm not big on Reggie playing in Texas...

that being said, I'd be pretty upset if he only equates to 5 TDs. I even expect DD to average close to one a game. Mike Anderson & Tatum Bell combined for 20 rushing touchdowns, and Anderson added 5 recieving TDs in 2005. Surely we can get that out of these two.

Andre on one side, Moulds on the other, a big tight end, two Recieving running backs(one that could "take it to the house") and a pass catching Full back............ I expect to see 23 touchdowns out of David Carr by week 10. He'd better be pushing 30 before the end of the season. Dang, I forgot Armstrong and Mathis.......... yeah, I expect more than 23 touchdowns out of Carr....... unless we're sitting him the 4th quarter because we're blowing teams out of the water.
Only 5 RB's in the last 3 seasons have rushed for 16 or more TD's. If we draft Bush I wouldn't expect DD to get anywhere near a TD a game if he and Bush are sharing the backfield, especially if DD has durability issues like he has in the past. And 23 TD passes from Carr by week 10? In the past 3 seasons only 7-8 QB's a season have thrown for more than 23 TD passes in season. I mean I am sure we'll see improvement as a whole, but I don't think our offense will be performing like an Indy, KC, or Cincy offense.
Old 03-31-2006   #6
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 53673 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson
Imagine This Offense thread is when someone puts their realisticly dream offense, also give stats to how good the player is.

For Example

RB-Reggie Bush/Domanick Davis(Both 800 yards 5 touchdowns,but rush well in big situations!)

I prefer:

Qb- carr (63%comp, 4000yds, 12int)
RB- DDAvis/Morency/MDrew (4.3yds/carry, 2000 combined yds)
FB- Cook/Norris
TE- Putzier (55rec, 700yds)
WR- AJ (80, 1300)
WR- Moulds 65, 1000)
OL- Ferguson-McKinney-Flanagan-Weigert-Pitts (34 sacks)
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
I prefer:

FB- Cook/Norris
WR- AJ (80, 1300)
WR- Moulds 65, 1000)
34 sacks??
Old 03-31-2006   #8
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Carr = 3300 yds, 21 TD, 9 Int.
Reggie/Davis = 2300 yds, 16 TD
AJ/Moulds = 2100 yds, 17 TD
Jeb = 650 yds, 2 TD
Mathis = 2 TD returns
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
I prefer:

FB- Cook/Norris
WR- AJ (80, 1300)
WR- Moulds 65, 1000)
I prefer
QB - Carr
RB - Bush/DD/Morency
FB - Cook/Norris
TE - Putzier/Pope/Joppru/Bruener
WR1a - AJ
WR1b - Moulds
OL - Pitts, McKinney, Flanagan, Wiegert, Jonathan Scott (3rd)

Last edited by TheOgre; 03-31-2006 at 11:25 AM.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
34 sacks??
That would be:

18th in 2005
12th in 2004
15th in 2003

Not fantastic, but at least reasonable.
Old 03-31-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Realisticaly I doubt DC throws for more than 3,500 yards as the offense that GK runs is very much a run oriented one, so that means passing ISN'T the first thought. However, IF, IF, IF the O-line gives the standard NFL pass protection of 3.5 to 4.5 seconds of protection, then DC should hit a number of 60%+ completions, somewhere close to a 2-1 TD to INT ratio and a QB rating of 90 or more. Doing that, he will have done his part of the job and the rest is predicated on scheme and the rest of the squad. Personally, I would like to see him do a better job of selling the play action and getting rid of the ball. Those are things that can be worked on, but are hardly the be all end all of QB play. Lots of folks have made much ado about not looking for the 2nd and 3rd reciever, but ESPN put a stopwatch on a game or two last year and he had an average of 1.5 seconds before the defense was on him. I challenge anyone to take a three step drop and read more than one reciever in 1.5 seconds. If you say you can, then you are delusional. Also, 20 self sacs...OK, out of 208 times he ran out of bounds behind the LOS for a loss of a yard or two. So what. No one get's bent out of shape if DD gets hit behind the line. Now should DC have tossed it away, yes, but it isn't like he ran backwards and caused a 20 yards loss. So, ~10% of the sacks are self inflicted so that means out of the 64 games played we have average 3.25 sacks per game and even calling it 30% that is about once a game he runs out of bounds for a 1-3 yard loss. Now, some games it probably was 2 or 3 times, but no one remembers the game when it didn't happen and just focus on the ones it did. Some of this is people who didn't want DC in the first place, but wanted Pepers. Others for some reason get all Pizzy because of the hair and GQ thing (Jelousy?) and others are those who want to draft VY. Everyones play last year sucked including DCs, but I suspect that IF, IF, IF we improve the O-line and protection to where he can count on 3.5 to 4.5 seconds on a CONSISTANT (more than 85% of the time) basis, we will see a really good QB come about. Will he be great......who knows, but I think he will be a good one with a good line, supporting players and a quality coaching group. With what seems to be the other players coming about, I could see a strong turn around this year, PERHAPS even an 8-8 season, but the 07 season should/could be a playoff run one IMO.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #12
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

QB- Carr (61%comp, 3850yds, 23-12int)
RB- Bush (1,200yds - 11TD's - 50rec -600yds) /Davis(700 - 5TD's)
FB- Cook (25 rec 275yds)
TE- Putzier (50rec, 550yds, 6TD's)
WR- AJ (84rec, 1190yds)
WR- Moulds (70rec, 1000yds)
WR- Walter (36rec, 540yds)

Last edited by DRAMA; 03-31-2006 at 10:58 AM.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #13
Frank_The_Tank
Veteran

This thread looks like my Madden end of season stats, - The RB. I think I am very optomistic, but I really don't know about some of the dreams about Carrs stats. I give him 23 TD next year and maye 2900 yrds, I find it very interesting to see how he performs. He is very skittish in the pocket, and at times I think most NFL QB's could scramble out of most of the sacks he took last year. He had something like 17 one handed sacks last year, and as a QB you have to hard be to catch, very elusive, like chasing a chicken in a chicken coope.
Frank_The_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #14
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

On paper, and considering Kubiak is running the show now, we should have a very potent offense next season, especially if we sign Moulds and Bush. The real questions in the equation are, 1.) Will the offensive line stay healthy, and if they do, will they atleast perform to a satisfactory NFL level? 2.) Is David Carr with weapons and protection much better than David Carr without weapons and protection? Hopefully Carr doesn't pull a Joey Harrington and stink the place up when he's in an optimal situation. If Carr is provided with a chance and he finally steps up his game I could see things playing out like so:

QB: Carr (3200 yds, 21 TD, 9 Int)
RB: Bush (700 rushing yds, 1100 all purpose, 6 TD's), DD (900 rushing yds, 5 TD's)
WR: AJ (75 receptions, 1100 yds, 8 TD's), Moulds (55 receptions, 800 yds, 4 TD's)
TE: Putzier (40 receptions, 600 yds, 4 TD's)

OLine: (Pitts-McKinney-Flanagan-Wiegert-Wand) Sacks in the 30's
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
.......... but ESPN put a stopwatch on a game or two last year and he had an average of 1.5 seconds before the defense was on him. I challenge anyone to take a three step drop and read more than one reciever in 1.5 seconds. If you say you can, then you are delusional.
I do remember maybe two plays, where he didn't have time to get his third step down. That definitely wasn't his fault. But on a three step drop, he's supposed to throw the ball. there is no reading involved. the reciever is either open, or not. if he's open, you put it where he can catch it. If he's not, zing it over his head out of bounds. I've seen several times, where he had more than 1.5 seconds, and ended up running into a sack...... i honestly think 20 times is a low estimation. I don't think he had adequate protection. But I still think he could've played better. going out of bounds with the ball.... to me, 1 time is too many when you're in your 4th year. Curling up in the fetal position....... 1 time is too many in your rookie season.
Quote:
................but no one remembers the game when it didn't happen and just focus on the ones it did. Some of this is people who didn't want DC in the first place, but wanted Pepers, or Joey and others are those who want to draft VY.
true.
Quote:
Everyones play last year sucked including DCs,
As far as I can tell, everyone who sucked, are either gone, or will play a new position last year. (nothings been decided on Buchanon, or Wiegart yet).
Quote:
but I suspect that IF, IF, IF we improve the O-line and protection to where he can count on 3.5 to 4.5 seconds on a CONSISTANT (more than 85% of the time) basis, we will see a really good QB come about. Will he be great......who knows, but I think he will be a good one with a good line, supporting players and a quality coaching group. With what seems to be the other players coming about, I could see a strong turn around this year, PERHAPS even an 8-8 season, but the 07 season should/could be a playoff run one IMO.
I use to think David was going to be the next Troy Aikman. Right now, IMHO I believe we have an opportunity to upgrade....... before FA, before the $8 mill extension, Everything was perfect to upgrade the position.

Come Sept. 1, I'll be back to thinking he's Troy Aikman.
Old 03-31-2006   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is going to be a great offensive season. And Mathis will score some on offense as well, you are leaving that out.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #17
whiskeyrbl

I see it as
Carr 62% comp. 2700 yrds 24 TD 11 INT
DD 850 yrds rus 250 yrds rec 10 TD's 8 rus/2 rec
Bush 1250 yrds rush 400 yrds rec 12 TDs 6 rus/5 rec/1 pass
AJ 85 rec/ 1100 yrds rec 7 Td
EM 60 rec/ 800 yrds rec 5 TD
KW 35 rec/ 550 yrds rec 3 TD
JP 25 rec/ 350 yrdsrec 3 TD
JM 32 yrd ave KO ret/ 3 TD
PBuch 16 yrd ave.PR/ 1 TD
OL - 30 sacks
Old 03-31-2006   #18
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson

For Example

5 td returns for mathis? id say 2 or 3
Old 03-31-2006   #19
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I see...

Carr - 4,800 yards, 47 tds, 3 ints
Bush - 2,300 yards rushing, 24 tds, 800 yards receiving, 5 tds
Davis - 1,200 yards rushing, 12 tds, 400 yards receving, 2 tds
Johnson - 1,800 yards receiving, 17 tds
Moulds - 1,200 yards receiving, 8 tds
Walters - 802 yards receiving, 5 tds
Mathis - 750 yards receiving, 4 tds, 5 kicks returned for td
Putzier - 800 yards receiving, 6 tds

Hey, it happens on Madden all the time. This is the same right?

Sorry, this is still going to be a great offensive year for the Texans. I think they can do similar to what the Broncos do every year.
Old 03-31-2006   #20
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I think the one thing we can say for certain regarding this coming season is that there will no longer be 1 or 2 threats on the field at the same time. We will probably have 3 to 5 threats offensively on the field all of the time. This will create a lot of opportunities for the Texans. It will stretch the other teams defenses and someone should be open or a nice opening for a running back will exsist.

To compare this coming year to the previous seasons is probably an impossibility simply because we should be infinitely better. Will that happen is of course the major question? I believe this will be a breakout year for the Texans.

We have improved in all areas, but most importantly we have had a collosal change in coaching. I look for this to be a very effective coaching staff and I'm really anxious to see what they do with the O and D lines. I'm looking for a very surprising season.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read