Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-09-2004   #101
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

not sure how reliable this website is but here goes
http://www.alcoholfacts.org/CrashCourseOnMADD.html

I used to wonder how many cars I pass at night (10:00 pm and on) have drivers that have had some alcohol in their system. I am sure I would be amazed at the numbers.

bottom line is no doubt drinking and driving is a problem. for some reason cell phone drivers get on my nerves worse than anything.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004   #102
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Put a sock in it

First if all you know nothing captian Know it all

You have no idea if he is guilty or not.

You base your so called facts on the media hounds who will lie to get a good story.

One example is the infamous Ted Oberg. Did a story on me and how I would never go to the Superbowl. Oh poor little Joe Texan. I went to the Superbowl, did Ted do a story saying he was wrong, NO!

I have had several people very close to me killed by a drunk driver. Oh you of little knowledge do not need to hand me your sob stories to verify your point.
American Justice is innocent untill proven guilty, what you are doing are convicting him before the judge does.

I have full confidence that Mr. Bob McNair will deal with this incident in a fair and just manner. I have full confidence that the Houston Police will find an answer also. Just like they did with all of the DNA tests, and we now have to pay for new ones. Have patience, justice will be served, Untill then, PUT A SOCK IN IT!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2004   #103
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan
American Justice is innocent untill proven guilty
New one to me... Thought it was Innocent until proven guilty unless you have a ton of money to get out of it with..

UNLESS your poor... then its

Guilty until you proven innocent.. hehehe
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004   #104
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default You Know

Quote:

You base your so called facts on the media hounds who will lie to get a good story.

One example is the infamous Ted Oberg. Did a story on me and how I would never go to the Superbowl. Oh poor little Joe Texan. I went to the Superbowl, did Ted do a story saying he was wrong, NO!

I have had several people very close to me killed by a drunk driver. Oh you of little knowledge do not need to hand me your sob stories to verify your point.
American Justice is innocent untill proven guilty, what you are doing are convicting him before the judge does.

I have full confidence that Mr. Bob McNair will deal with this incident in a fair and just manner. I have full confidence that the Houston Police will find an answer also. Just like they did with all of the DNA tests, and we now have to pay for new ones. Have patience, justice will be served, Untill then, PUT A SOCK IN IT!!!!!!!!

I know you are probably upset here man. How people are convicting Marcus of DWI without having all the facts. Very true.. we dont. But that has never mattered here before. People here are talking about things that will affect the texans on and off the field. Who is playing badly and who isnt. etc... Marcus is a major part of that. This is no different then people screaming 'Sean Taylor is God' a few weeks ago. How if we dont get him, we are lost. Now.. that oponion is gone replaced by how good of a choice we made. All we know is Marcus is in a bit of trouble. Believe me, he will have to answer for this concerning the Houston Police, then Bob. The truth will come out. We can talk about punishments if he is found guilty all day, but that does not make him guilty.

That being said, IF he is found guilty, and IF he is suspended for a time (which probably wont happen anyways), who would you all see as our backfield to cover the spots? Also, if someone is suspended from let say 4 games, can that be pre-season games or must that be from regular games?
Old 05-09-2004   #105
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

As I used to watch "Politically Incorrect" they talked about the issue. And to this day I don't know what the cut off point is where the Point of view changes

If you are rich..you are considered to have a problem and need help
If you are poor..you are considered an addict and need jail time
Old 05-09-2004   #106
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
As I used to watch "Politically Incorrect" they talked about the issue. And to this day I don't know what the cut off point is where the Point of view changes

If you are rich..you are considered to have a problem and need help
If you are poor..you are considered an addict and need jail time
The one that gets me are the CEO's who take 500 million, get 200k in fines and 1 year in jail.. Hell, give me a year in the jail for when I get out.. the 500 million is mine. Sigh
Old 05-09-2004   #107
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well i've posted on this subject many times...people can agree with what i think or people cannot...but i've met marcus at a tech football awards ceremony a few years ago...and the guy i met was just your average guy...wasn't a drunkard(previously called)...and probably has made his fair share of mistakes but who hasn't...this wasn't just i got to say wow it's a honor to meet you kinda thing...we talked for about an hour or so...from everything from music to football...i've talked to guys who played with him and they all had the best things to say about him...he's a team player...but he is human...we all have the ability to make mistakes...i do want hear the facts about this incident when they do come out but i also realize that it is he's personal business...something stars and pro athletes don't have anymore...but they are still entitled to...so i will respect any disciplinary actions taken in this matter and leave it at that
Old 05-11-2004   #108
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:

Joe Texan I see we have our differences but why did the on scene Police Officer have to call in the DUI Team? Also The Benz look like it hit a tree from the so called Media Hounds Camera that I saw. Had to be going pretty fast to deploy the air bags. I have driven up and down Richmond for years I never hit a tree! Colman refused Breath test. Wonder if he gave a blood test? You know the old saying walks like a duck.My main points are about the Law System for DUI`S. There is no way that Little of the Rams should be playing football! He should be doing life in Prison for what he did. Wasn`t he busted again for DUI the day before the Draft? Unreal! Also last week a Drunk Driver killed a woman after his 3rd DUI! Like I said earlier I just hope Colman gets some professional HELP! Being a Ball Player whether you like it or not you are a role model and are under a microscope. Ever little thing that you do is being watched. When you sign that contract you have to take the good with the bad. You really have to think before acting.
Old 05-11-2004   #109
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that I think of it. Many of you stated he was with other members of the team at a club. I don't hold anybody but Coleman responsible but I really wish they would've watched eachother's back that night. They're teammates after all.

But I realize Coleman is a grown man and there are no excuses.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #110
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Captian Patriot

I understand the role model issue. That is why I hold high respect for the Texans, They demand good repoir for that reason. I once knew a guy who had 7 DWI's and still had a liscense, heck he was pulled over by a cop in Conroe and had a beer in his hand and walked. It is luck of the draw. As far as the DWI team, I never heard of that. Heck a cop finds you drunk he takes you to jail. simple as that. I was once with a friend who designated himself to drive for me and we were pulled over, taken to jail, I was released and he was jailed for DWI, He was sober. He won the case but it cost him 4 grand for the legal thief. I will let the judge and God pass judgement on this, and I will be respectful of the verdict.
Old 05-11-2004   #111
Wolf
100% Texan

not defending Coleman here, but I rear ended a truck when I was younger.. embarrassing the truck was parked and I was going 30 ... The front end of my truck looked like I hit a pole. It looked horrible.. I have no idea how fast Coleman was going, but you got my curiosity up..

At what speed will an air bag deploy?
Air bags inflate as fast as 200 mph (320km/h), and with great force. U.S. Federal regulations currently require air bags to inflate and restrain an unbelted dummy representing the average adult male in a crash test into a concrete barrier at 30 mph (48 km/h). To meet this federal requirement, an air bag must inflate in a split second (about 1/30th of a second). This is faster than a blink of an eye. It is so fast you can't see it happen. In the crash test the air bag must be able to restrain the force that the unbelted dummy, which weighs about 165 pounds (75kg), applies to the air bag. That force can be as much as 2000 pounds (900 kg).
http://www.edmontonmotors.com/airbag.html
Old 05-13-2004   #112
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Coleman Development

New News. FIRST!!!!
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #113
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Associated Press
HOUSTON -- Houston Texans safety Marcus Coleman must have an breath-analyzing device attached to his car's ignition as he awaits trial on a misdemeanor drunk driving charge, a judge ruled Thursday.

Coleman, free on $500 bond after his arrest early on May 6, made his first court appearance Thursday. Harris County Court-at-Law Judge Jay Karahan decided there was enough evidence for the case to proceed and set a pretrial conference for May 27.

Prosecutors say Coleman was involved in a minor one-car wreck along a street on the near southwest side of Houston. Police arrived to find Coleman standing next to his car and gave him two field sobriety tests, which they say he failed.

Coleman, 29, told police he had four drinks over an undetermined period, prosecutors said. Based on his 210-pound weight, four drinks in one hour would bring the typical male's blood alcohol level near the legal limit of .08, while a longer amount of time would decrease the number. Defense attorney Rusty Hardin declined comment Thursday. If there is a trial, lawyers would like it to happen before Texans training camp begins July 30.

Houston acquired Coleman in the expansion draft two years ago from the New York Jets, where he played cornerback for six years. He is moving to safety this summer to make way for the Texans' top draft pick, cornerback Dunta Robinson. The maximum penalty for a Class B misdemeanor is six months in jail and a $2,000 fine.
espn.com

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #114
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Now that I think of it. Many of you stated he was with other members of the team at a club. I don't hold anybody but Coleman responsible but I really wish they would've watched eachother's back that night. They're teammates after all.

But I realize Coleman is a grown man and there are no excuses.
Unfortunately, most pro athletes are used to having OTHER people watch their back for them, right? Agents, entourages, personal assistants, etc....and of course the special treatment from hangers-on since they became stars.

I'm sure he wasn't the only one drinking. I wonder if it even crossed anyone's mind to check him out before he got into the car?

Anyway, it's done now and I hope he gets the APPROPRIATE punishment--no special treatment for rich guys, sports stars, CEOs, etc...hope that other than the extra media attention his court days will look just like everyone else's.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #115
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Texan, what do I have to do and how much would it cost for you to make a bobble head doll of me? I got pictures if you need them.
Old 05-14-2004   #116
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

No DWI team was called, He was changing his tire while On STAR Called the cops.
Man I would rip that out of my car so fast it would deafen the operator on the other side. THat little blue button is a pain in the arse. As far as the Team, it is Marcus' Problem to deal with.
Old 05-14-2004   #117
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Default El T

I would need a picture Full Pictureshoes and all for me to do a complete job
Old 05-14-2004   #118
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Let me know where I can send it. How much will it cost?
Old 05-14-2004   #119
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

wolf, it doesnt matter how fast you're going, the airbag sensors only record how abruptly you stop. if you go from 15mph to 0 too quickly they'll deploy ... it's the rate of deceleration. has anything been said about why he hit the tree? was he just so blitzed he swung that thing to a tree or nailed a pothole or what? being sober and getting smashed by an airbag will make almost anybody fail a field sobriety test (trust me, sob's hurt and the sulfer smell's enuff to get ya stoned instantly). if he's telling the truth about 4 drinks he should be ok ... especially since it was at dinner it'd be tough to down em in less than an hour. if he was toasted and got belted by the airbags i dont think he'd have had the conscienceness to change a tire. it happens, life goes one ... hope it all works itsself out.
Old 05-14-2004   #120
Wolf
100% Texan

you may be right. I have hit something and the airbags didn't go off. I am not sure how that works.

the thing about the hitting a tree. he could have .06 and he could still get charged with DWI. I guess it depends on what kind of attorney he has and how they play it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read