Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-06-2004   #61
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
No, I'm being sarcastic here. Those aren't just planes flying over your head.
Its kinda hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic on a computer. Its sometimes hard to comprehend your incoherent rambling.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #62
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Just trying to bring some levity to the thread. Dead issue.
wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #63
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
It sets a bad example for his fans. It sets a bad example for the people who love the NFL. The NFL has every right to suspend him for off field issues. If he wants to be apart of something special (THE NFL) then he needs to be more responsible.
Being charged with a crime does not mean that he's committed one! That's the point. The NFL has no right to punish someone simply for an accusation, whether the accusation was made by a policeman or anyone else... If he pleads guilty or is convicted of a crime, then the NFL has cause to consider punishment.

By the way, I don't think I need Marcus Coleman to set an example for me on how and when to operate heavy machinery.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #64
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

First offense seeing that he refused the breath test will suspend his license for 180 days after his ALR hearing. If he had provided a breath specimen his license would have been suspended for 90. His case mainly will be based on his ALR hearing which determines whether or not the state has credible evidence to pursue his license suspension (the video taped sobriety test is key in this hearing). 90% of people who win the ALR hearing get the charges dropped. He will also have to get an occupational drivers license (if his license is suspended) which will only allow him basically to drive certain routes to and from work. He will also be ordered to drive between certain hours per day...usually from 7 am to 9pm.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #65
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
so do you think he should be suspended from the NFL for a year or possibly banned? afterall, drug trafficing is a much more serious crime.
I found this info on him a cpl months ago. They should have Banned him from the NFL! He is on my bad side any how after last month mouthing off! When you have money you get to walk. Look down the line of Movie Stars and Ball Players that have got in trouble over the yrs.
Old 05-06-2004   #66
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Pardon me, but why should someone be punished for being CHARGED with a crime?
when you refuse Breath Test
Old 05-06-2004   #67
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Bellamy

Another arrest.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-06-2004   #68
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfanatic
Sounds like a standup kind of guy...he should be emmulated throughout the league...and you have the nerve to open your mouth about one of our Texans??? give me a break.
easy up SPRTSFANATIC! You having a bad day? Need to look at my last post. I like the Texans too! ;-) Hope your day went well.
Old 05-06-2004   #69
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

At this rate, they might need to start having AA sessions at the NFL players union meetings.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #70
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

some of ya'll, i.e. CaptainPatriot, seem to want to deal out the punishment yourselves...even against your own player in ty law...which i find funny seeing how many years he's devoted himself to the new england patriots...not everything is as black and white as ya'll might like to believe...and remember he has only been charged with this misdemeanor i remind you...this isn't a felony...i know everyone has their own issues with me saying this but it's the law...it's only a misdemeanor...same as any traffic violations...and keep in mind this one the state does take more seriously...but speeding, not stopping at signals, and wreckless driving all kill people as well...so don't try and read too much into a DWI...people can blow a .09 and be given a DWI and that's a hundreth of a point above the legal limit...and with some people that's only 2 or 3 drinks...i know i'm a bartender...i see people leave my bar all the time get in their cars and leave...and i garentee you none of them should be driving...you want punishment to be so damn harsh because he's a player...that the nfl should get involved along with the texans...man i hope if you ever get pulled over for a misdemeanor your boss puts some extra punishment onto that so you know how it feels...i know let's get a camera crew out there too and show your picture all over the 6 o'clock news to everybody...the way this issue has been treated is silly...blown way out of purportion in my eyes...cause we hold our athletes to a higher standard...although good it does have it's bad points as well...remember you are a fan and should support your players and coaches with everything they do...not just through the good times
Old 05-06-2004   #71
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Couch Coaches and Captian Amer "er" Patriot

This will be dealt with by the NFL and the Texans and it will be dealt to Marcus himself. You have no authority to dish out any punishment so put a sock in it. We have the best front office in the NFL and they will deal whats fair. I will accept what they say and I will respect the innocent untill proven guilty rule. Every thing that is said about punishment is premature at this point. Patience is what will decide Marcus' and the teams fate.
I am sure Marcus will respect the "if you do the crime, then do the time" rule.
Old 05-06-2004   #72
barlow12

Default What?

Where did you guys here this from??? This is horrable!!!
Old 05-06-2004   #73
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlow12
Where did you guys here this from??? This is horrable!!!
Canada knows and you dont??

http://www.canada.com/sports/footbal...9-D0318BB31884

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #74
Boxscore
All Pro

Quote:
It sets a bad example for his fans. It sets a bad example for the people who love the NFL. The NFL has every right to suspend him for off field issues. If he wants to be apart of something special (THE NFL) then he needs to be more responsible.
Isn't it ironic that Coleman was a featured part of the local evening news the day before he was arrested? He was giving a motivation speech to a school somewhere. He was talking to the kids about how he has just started a real estate business to supplement his life after football.

I am a season ticket holder and have been excited about the Texan secondary since the draft, but I will support the organization 100% behind any disciplinary action they take against Coleman, including releasing him. However, before any action is taken against him, he must be found guilty. As of now he is innocent until proven guilty.
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #75
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore
...but I will support the organization 100% behind any disciplinary action they take against Coleman, including releasing him.
I would NOT support the release him, that is a little too harsh. Roman Walker had a DWI last year, and all Capers did to him was give him a talk.

I dont think they are going to release him.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #76
Boxscore
All Pro

Like I stated, I will support the organization's decision. What I think doesn't matter. It is not my team.
Old 05-06-2004   #77
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

They missed a team meeting I think.
Old 05-06-2004   #78
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

release him? WOW, you guys need to lighten up a little.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #79
Boxscore
All Pro

I do not want him to be released. I simply stated that I will support whatever the Texan organization decides to do. And I also strongly believe that no matter what decision they make, the defense that Coach Capers puts on the field will be sound.

I did not know about the finding of him passed out behind the wheel on US 59 in his past. Sounds like Marcus may still have a problem.
Old 05-06-2004   #80
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I don't like what happen, but the bail was set at a relatively low amount which would indicate may be this isn't a real big deal. May be he had a mechanical problem which of course resulted in him being tested. At least he's not a wife beater or any think like that. It was probably stupid on his part and hopefully he has learned a valueable lesson. In Fresno after the election a gentleman who had just been elected wound up having too much at his victory celebration and wound up with a DUI charge. Embarrassing, yes, but hopefully that's it. Its a personal mater which he will have to take care of and it happens to a lot of people. That doesn't make it right, but thank god no one was hurt or injured. The car can be replaced.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read