Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-06-2004   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Unhappy Bad News....

Just read on abc13.com Marcus Coleman was arrested for DWI at 2:15am this morning after slamming his Mercedes into a tree.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

come on Marcus, keep your head on straight.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #3
BigTex
Rookie

WOW! If true this is big, the leauge may hand down a suspension wich would give someone a saftey spot to try and win.
Old 05-06-2004   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

this should be his first strike so i dont think he'll get a suspension from the league.
Old 05-06-2004   #5
Dreadpiratebonzz
Rookie

Let's hope they don't suspend him. With Robinson comming in at DB and Marcus moving to safety, this could be one hell of a year to be a Texan fan. Marcus is going to turn into one of the leagues prime safetys. He has the size, speed, and mindset to get the job done. All we have to do is sit back and wait.
Old 05-06-2004   #6
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I have GREAT news - I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Man this is rough news. I just hope Marcus can pay his debt (meaning time or anything) for what ever charges he gets. This way he can put it behind him and get on the field to prove himself to his teammates.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-06-2004   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex
WOW! If true this is big, the leauge may hand down a suspension wich would give someone a saftey spot to try and win.
SBT should be correct about the first offense. That typically puts them into the being watched program. 2nd offense is 4 game suspension.

On a positive note, one of the 610 am guys said this morning that he had talked to one of the guys that scouted Coleman coming out of college. The scout said Coleman was a huge hitter back then--hopefully he can regain that style.
Old 05-06-2004   #9
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Wow! I think he should be suspended for at least a YR! I`m sorry but that is a serious charge. What if that tree was a person this morning? In America we take it to easy on drunk drivers :-( Look at Little for the Rams he KILLED a woman who was a Mom and a Wife! He still playing football! ;-( Should be in jail for life!
http://www.cracksmoker.com/NFL/NFL%20LittleL.htm
Old 05-06-2004   #10
TexanNut
Veteran

Any confirmation? Hopefully, he (or anyone else) wasn't hurt.
TexanNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the team shows some kind of discplinary action as well. We need our young guys who haven't been in the league long enough to learn and see how your actions off the field effect your teammates.
Old 05-06-2004   #12
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPatriot
Wow! I think he should be suspended for at least a YR! I`m sorry but that is a serious charge. What if that tree was a person this morning? In America we take it to easy on drunk drivers :-( Look at Little for the Rams he KILLED a woman who was a Mom and a Wife! He still playing football! ;-( Should be in jail for life!
http://www.cracksmoker.com/NFL/NFL%20LittleL.htm

wasnt Ty Law arrested a few weeks ago?
Old 05-06-2004   #13
mes311
Rookie

Last year Coleman was suspended for a game for something, although I can't remember what. Peek was also suspended for that same game. I'm sure he will face some kind of team disciplinary action is he's convicted based on the Texans past history.
mes311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #14
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

Texans' Coleman jailed on DWI charge after wreck
By S.K. BARWELL
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

Houston Texan defensive back Marcus Coleman was arrested for drunken driving after wrecking his car in southwest Houston early today.

Coleman was driving his 2005 Mercedes on Kirby when Houston police said the car veered off the road around 2:15 a.m. and struck a tree near Richmond.

Police said it was unclear where Coleman had been prior to the accident.

Coleman, who came to the Texans in the expansion draft two years ago, was not injured in the wreck. Police said his car suffered enough damage to cause its air bags to deploy.

Coleman was taken to police facilities for testing and is now in the process of posting bail for his release, officers said.

come on coleman...this isn't you at all
Old 05-06-2004   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Coleman was suspended for a game due to a late arrival or no show at a team meeting.
Old 05-06-2004   #16
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
Well I have GREAT news - I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.
Too funny.

Seriously, I agree with some of you, the Texans should lay some punishment on him, maybe a game or two. Don't want players thinking they can get away with this type of behavior. :
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #17
Shotgun30
Rookie

Last year he was passed out in his car on 59 in Sugarland......The officer did not give him a DWI, but rather driving without a license.

Oh by the way.....he was drinking at Taco Milagro last night....Sharper was there too.....And Patrick Ewing.....
Shotgun30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #18
geka
Veteran

I would not be shocked if the Texans cut Coleman.

We know Coleman has not been suspended for 4 games, but we have no idea if the random drug test have busted him in the past.

This is the Texans first run in with a player like this and they have avoided players like this in the past like the plague. Hopefully we stick to our guns and dont let this go by without much being said.
geka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #19
Shotgun30
Rookie

FYI - Coleman's one game suspension came the same week he found on 59 passed out.....it was pushed under the radar.....I think this is a serious problem for him
Shotgun30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #20
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by geka
I would not be shocked if the Texans cut Coleman.
Man that would suck, (not that I'm promoting his type of behavior). It looks like our secondary is starting to take shape and Coleman goes and does something stupid. I know he is the one to blame, but we are the ones who might suffer if you know what I mean.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read