Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-28-2006   #1
johnny_tlmn

Red face Am I the only one rootin' for Young to be drafted?!

Look fellow Texan fans this is a once in a lifetime guarantee that either us or (I hope not) another team gettin' a rare talent that can clearly help any team out especially at comebacks not just lookin' at the Rose Bowl but other games as well any opinions?! Or do ya''ll think otherwise?
Old 03-28-2006   #2
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

yes you are.

did we really need another thread on this?
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #3
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
yes you are.

did we really need another thread on this?
I agree, he needs to go sit in his closet and talk to himself a little more. It will help his dreaming abilities. Maybe he thought it was 4:20.
Old 03-28-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_tlmn
Look fellow Texan fans this is a once in a lifetime guarantee that either us or (I hope not) another team gettin' a rare talent that can clearly help any team out especially at comebacks not just lookin' at the Rose Bowl but other games as well any opinions?! Or do ya''ll think otherwise?
Your argument can also go towards Reggie Bush. Do you forget that before the draft he was being compared to Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders? The Texans would be really dumb to draft Vince. For one, we have David Carr. We gave him the extension. End of story. Should we draft Vince and he get's a contract similar to the one Alex Smith got last year that's 2 QB's that we're paying an arm and a leg for. Not gonna happen. Hope your dreams weren't shattered.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

You're only allowed to root for Running Backs, Defensive ends, Offensive Tackles, Tight ends, Safeties.......... anyone really. Even Quarterbacks, as long as it isn't Vince Young..... that is not allowed. You will be put under a microscope, your football knowledge, and your team support will be questioned.

ONly offensive linemen, #2 Corners, and #2 WRs suck....... you are allowed to criticize all running backs, and linebakers, but try not to be too rough, we'll more than likely need to root for them in the upcoming season.

the starting Quarterback, is off limits, so before you go there.......... don't.
Old 03-28-2006   #6
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait a minute. Who is this Vince Young guy, and why haven't I heard of him before?
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #7
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Aw thats cold didn't think you'd go that low. Come on man seriously he is better than Bush IMO by far.
How is he better than Bush.....how is Bush better than VY? They play different positions......they are uncomparable.
Old 03-28-2006   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

yes, you stand alone.

now, please remove yourself from this board.
Old 03-28-2006   #9
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the starting Quarterback, is off limits, so before you go there.......... don't.
by Tkyss

Did I say anything about him startin'?! No, but that would be even more better than planned. Nah seriously they just need to draft him plain and simple a talent that he has is just..u can't pass it up.
Turn up your sarc meter a notch or three.

You are arguing with the only person that has agreed with you so far.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #10
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I am a Reggie guy, but on NFL Network today it said the Texans front office would be having dinner & meetings with Reggie the day before USC proday & the same with VInce Young on April 6. Hope it is just to wish Vince the best in Oakland. . .
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #11
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
by Tkyss

Did I say anything about him startin'?! No, but that would be even more better than planned. Nah seriously they just need to draft him plain and simple a talent that he has is just..u can't pass it up.
Explain to me your reasons on what talents he has and what he does best. Then I will throw something at you like, STUPID: Wunderlich=6, Slow: I thought he could run under 4.5?, and Can't read a defense: Why did Mack Brown change his offense last season? By the way, did you know that just about every player on NFL defenses are faster than that WR that has a strong arm?
Old 03-28-2006   #12
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Doesn't look so good for my Texans gettin' Young so far, but I'm still in it 'till the draft day comes.
I like Young. I think he will be a solid QB. However, I am with Houston no matter who they pick. I am with the team for the long run, not just till the draft.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hear ya but I just want them to do whats right and draft Young. It'll answer everybody's questions.
It will answer no questions, in fact, it will only create more questions. Your argument is full of holes and flaws, and you seem to only be agreeing with yourself.
Old 03-28-2006   #14
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Sir please put down the keyboard and step away from the computer.
Old 03-28-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Mann, I'd love to hang with you, but I don't have the stamina I thought I used to have.

These guys have wupped me......... I'm(we) are outnumbered, & outgunned.

Doesn't mean we are wrong......... doesn't mean that I'll have to return my #10 jersey...
Old 03-28-2006   #16
bigcarlos
Veteran

bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #17
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Why do people outside of Texas think he is the 3rd best QB in the draft?
I guess it's the same reason those people outside of Texas thought UT had no shot at beating the "MIGHTY" USC.
Old 03-28-2006   #18
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
[i]Doesn't look so good for my Texans gettin' Young so far, but I'm still in it 'till the draft day comes.
Ok, let's start here to cure your 'Vince-anity'... The Texans don't 'get' anybody in their current spot. That player 'gets' the Texans. You make it sound like we should be wooing Vince Young to come play in Houston.

With the #1 pick, we select the best player out there, Reggie Bush, and with that selection, we bring in a boatload of talent with the minimal risk associated. That is why he is rated #1 by so many.

Start dealing with separation anxiety now because it won't happen, look at all the FA selections, they point to Reggie Bush coming in house. Trading down seems further away than ever.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #19
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Win two in a row then you can talk to me.
You win two in a row.
Old 03-28-2006   #20
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Why do people outside of Texas think he is the 3rd best QB in the draft?

Always wanted to say on that last play were he ran for the game winning TD against USC( ) the DE dropped to the flat and the guy that was supposed to spy him got impasiont and blitzed, not only did he blitz but he went inside the tackle and there was a hole the size of a house and Vince took off.
I am not taking anything away from what UT and Vince accomplished but that was the most undisciplined Defense I saw all year, nobody stayed in rush lanes and as a X Dlineman it drove me crazy. Not to forget how wide open USC left guys open, I really think they played Cover4 all game or man 2 with the CBs giving up everything underneath.
Vince is just going to have to know that it is not going to be easy by any stretch like it was in Texas, I know he is a hard working guy, but there are more questions then answers towards VY then Matt and Cutler.

It is not a shot at him I wish him well.
BRAVO! Ih there were a stupid smiley that represented a standing ovation, I would put about 300 of them on the page.
GAME. SET. MATCH. HULK.

Vince is quality, but there are questions about him. I expect nothing more than for everyone of his teammates to back him up, as you get with just about every other top draft pick. That is why they call it gravy training.... pull up to the gravy boat and get yours!

If there weren't he would be slated higher in the draft. Top 7 picks ain't a bad thing at ALL!
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read