Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2006   #1
LBblitz
Veteran

Default who would your rather have? (if they slipped into the 2nd round)

Tye Hill: CB from Clemson, although small is considered one of the top DBs in the draft from a mere speed and athletism standpoint.

Jimmy Williams: CB/FS Virginia Tech, also small but his versatility is an asset and is incredibly gifted IMO from a few games I watched.

Nick Mangold: C Ohio State, From this board I've heard alot about him and the possibility of him slipping to us is apparently unlikely.

Santonio Holmes: WR Ohio State, big and athletic but some say he has poor routes, if we land Moulds he would really flourish IMO.

Sinorice Moss: WR: Miami, same applies to Moss with the addition of Moulds, although small, he is also very athletic and is a big play threat. Could fit with AJ as both are from the "U".

All of these are mid to late first round prospects who would you take if they were to slip or trade up to get?
Old 03-28-2006   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Either of the DB's to sure up that 2nd CB spot or at least to compete with P-Buch
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #3
BeReal
Rookie

I don't think there's anyway that J. Williams falls out of the 1st, but if he does, that's who I'd take.
BeReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Williams is not small, he's 6'2" 216!!

Holmes isnt big either, he's 5'11" 190!!
Old 03-28-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

well i wrote a nice long reply..and then the mods moved the thread so when i posted it it gave me an error and erased my post :P.

So you arent getting the long explaination.

Tye Hill or Sinorice Moss are my choices.

If we got Moulds.. we wouldnt NEED another receiver.. so I would only want Moss if we didnt get Moulds.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #6
AJExplosion80
Rookie

Default Tye

I would take Tye Hill out of the group because I just think he is a better all-around corner then J-Will
AJExplosion80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mangold
Old 03-28-2006   #8
Mightymike
Veteran

i take jwill and he could play free safety for us
Old 03-28-2006   #9
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

From this list, Nick Mangold easily. Johnathan Joseph would give him a run for his money, and I guess I'd have to consider Tye Hill and Jimmy Williams, but Mangold is my #2 preference behind Eric Winston for the 33rd pick.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Santonio Holmes is the top WR in the 2006 draft but carrys a mid 1st rd. projection, so that is not very realistic.

on your list only Moss/Mangold have the chance to slide to the 2nd rd. I would be happy with either one if the Texans sign Moulds then they go Mangold
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #11
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Mangold or moss also for me...Depends on if we sign a #2 or not.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #12
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Jimmy Williams. If he doesnt start at CB then he will start at FS. But hes a top 20 pick anyway.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read