Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-28-2006   #1
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Beside RB and an O-line guy. Defensive draft?

After looking at what they've done so far in FA this is what I'm let to believe they'll do. If you look at our D there is only one position we haven't drafted for. We've gotten DE's (Babin,Peek) DT (Johnson) Safties (Earl and Brown) and a CB (Robinson) given our history I don't think we've drafted a Linebacker yet. I think this is the yr. we go after a LB and a corner to compliment D-rob. Looking at this yrs. crop of talent there is plenty of talent at both positions. However I think it's harder to come by good CB's so I think that will be the second rd. and LB will be the third rd.

I think they have handled FA the way they have so they could take more D-positions in the draft. If this is the case who do you see them taking in the second and third rds?

I would like to see them take Cromartie in the second if he's available. He's a good phisical specimen and looks to be fully recovered from his ACL injury. He ran a 4.36 at his pro day so I would think he's recovered.

In the third I think they should pick up Hodge if he's available or McCintosh (Why do I have the feeling I misspelled that.) Because they could both play middle and weak linebackers and even though we have alot of LB's on our roster right now I don't see alot that fit into the Will position. So what do you all think?
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #2
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
After looking at what they've done so far in FA this is what I'm let to believe they'll do. If you look at our D there is only one position we haven't drafted for. We've gotten DE's (Babin,Peek) DT (Johnson) Safties (Earl and Brown) and a CB (Robinson) given our history I don't think we've drafted a Linebacker yet. I think this is the yr. we go after a LB and a corner to compliment D-rob. Looking at this yrs. crop of talent there is plenty of talent at both positions. However I think it's harder to come by good CB's so I think that will be the second rd. and LB will be the third rd.

I think they have handled FA the way they have so they could take more D-positions in the draft. If this is the case who do you see them taking in the second and third rds?

I would like to see them take Cromartie in the second if he's available. He's a good phisical specimen and looks to be fully recovered from his ACL injury. He ran a 4.36 at his pro day so I would think he's recovered.

In the third I think they should pick up Hodge if he's available or McCintosh (Why do I have the feeling I misspelled that.) Because they could both play middle and weak linebackers and even though we have alot of LB's on our roster right now I don't see alot that fit into the Will position. So what do you all think?
I agree in general. I suspect that the #33 will be used on a O-lineman. But that leaves the #65, 66, and 98 to be used on defensive prospects. How about a LB, CB, and FS for those 3?
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #3
el toro
All Pro

That's assuming, of course, that they can snag Moulds and that they don't have to give up the #98 for him.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read