Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-28-2006   #1
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas
Default Zeke Moreno

Any information on this guy?
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #2
Texas
Hall of Fame

To answer my own question. in 2004 he was the guy with the 2nd most tackles on the san diego chargers...It looks like a good LB acquisation to me. Now we will really have competition in our LB core and we will have a really strong one with some good players in depth there.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235126
Old 03-28-2006   #3
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

didn't we sign this guy before?
Old 03-28-2006   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67

Yes, we signed him last year.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #5
TexansMVP
Probowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
According to the Houston Chron...

Quote:
The Texans also signed free-agent linebacker Zeke Moreno and re-signed linebacker Kenneth Pettway, an exclusive rights free agent. Moreno went to camp with the Texans in 2005 and was waived last summer. He appeared in four games with the Eagles last season.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3752421.html
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

Yea...hes coming off a an injury so may be a option for us or at least someone to give our LB core a threat for there position!
Old 03-28-2006   #7
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

He's depth.
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2006   #8
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

moreno picked up a leg injury during pre season last year so he didn't make the roster. I like he's a tough physical guy who's not afraid to put a lick on someone.
If he has a good training camp and stays injury free he could push Cowart for the starting role.
I also think with the signing and resigning of Evans and Polk, Wong will either be at OLB or gone.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian
moreno picked up a leg injury during pre season last year so he didn't make the roster. I like he's a tough physical guy who's not afraid to put a lick on someone.
If he has a good training camp and stays injury free he could push Cowart for the starting role.
I also think with the signing and resigning of Evans and Polk, Wong will either be at OLB or gone.
Moreno makes the team as MLB along with Cowart if they move Wong to the strong side. I don't think Moreno can play anything other than MLB due to a lack of quickness. And, though I like him, I don't think he could beat out Wong or Cowart. Still, it's a good signing.

I like our LBs now. I think Greenwood will be very good on the weakside. Especially behind what will be a pretty beefy and solid DL. I really like wong as the strong side LB because of his size and versatility in the passing game. Wong is good in pass coverage for someone his size and can handle the majority of TEs- with the obvious exceptions. Cowart and Moreno are sure tacklers in the middle. With Polk, Evans, possibly Orr, TPierce, I think our depth is good also. The one hole, I think, is depth at weakside LB. However, a third or fourth round pick would do a lot to sure that up.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #10
newbiefan
Rookie

How old is this guy? and does he have a history of injuries or just the one?
newbiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

He came into training camp last year and got cut. Now he's a year older I don't expect him to push anyone for a starting job. He is a decent player, and that's being nice. This signing just gave us some depth, but Troy Evans is probably better than him.
Old 03-28-2006   #12
Buzz
Veteran

They have him rated 13 on scout.com, above Evans at 19. Maybe somebody knows something that we don't?
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
They have him rated 13 on scout.com, above Evans at 19. Maybe somebody knows something that we don't?
No, just random fans spouting off mis-informed and incorrect facts. Thats all.
Old 03-29-2006   #14
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

HEY!! the guy's name is "ZEKE"! ZEKE!!! that is one of the coolest names ever along with Dane and Thor (the name of the MLB who is a freshman and on varsity on our rival HS team). I say we sign him on this fact alone. How many people do you know named ZEKE?! Come on people.

-Homer Stokes
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #15
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big78
HEY!! the guy's name is "ZEKE"! ZEKE!!! that is one of the coolest names ever along with Dane and Thor (the name of the MLB who is a freshman and on varsity on our rival HS team). I say we sign him on this fact alone. How many people do you know named ZEKE?! Come on people.
your not zeke moreno by any chance?
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Zeke is a terrible name.
Old 03-29-2006   #17
Alex52
Rookie

Default Moreno

Great instincts, sure tackler. If healthy will easily start for the Texans.
Alex52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #18
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
Zeke is a terrible name.
If by terrible you mean awsome, then yes i agree.

-Homer Stokes
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #19
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
If by terrible you mean awsome, then yes i agree.
Terribly awesome

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read