Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-27-2006   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default a quick question about ragone?

does anyone know why we didn't send him back to nfl europe...i mean kubiak brought in rosenfals to be carr's back-up so what's the point of leaving ragone here to simply compete for the back-up job when he needs more playing time to develop into trade bate
Old 03-27-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how much in trade you would get for a backup. He could have another amazing year in NFL Europe and I still don't think you could get more than a 6th round pick for him.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would he want to go? Because it did so much for him last time? He dominated the league and got squat out of it.
Old 03-27-2006   #4
Buzz
Veteran

I think the best thing to do would be to package him with someone else and get a veteran for the defensive secondary. You could always bring in somebody cheap as a third stringer at QB.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #5
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
does anyone know why we didn't send him back to nfl europe...i mean kubiak brought in rosenfals to be carr's back-up so what's the point of leaving ragone here to simply compete for the back-up job when he needs more playing time to develop into trade bate
Ragone possibly didn't go to Europe in order to give him a full camp to fight for the #2 spot. If he goes to NFLE, he wouldn't have the time that Sage would have to learn the new playbook. He would be at a distinct disadvantage. Since he stayed, he has the same amount of time to learn the playbook, and therefore, has the same chance to win the job.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #6
2 CENTS
Rookie

Default I think

I think you can only play in NFL Europe for 2 years and I think Ragone has used his 2 years already.
2 CENTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #7
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Thinking about it right now, I don't think they should have gone after Rosenfals. Wasn't Ragone MVP in NFL Europe last year? He had a better pre-season than Carr, IMO. I'm excited about what Kubiak and the new staff is going to do for the offense and Carr, but Ragone could easily be a legtimiate #2 QB. Let's remember what Mr. Harvard came in and did to us last season - and he was a #3.
Old 03-28-2006   #8
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
Thinking about it right now, I don't think they should have gone after Rosenfals. Wasn't Ragone MVP in NFL Europe last year? He had a better pre-season than Carr, IMO. I'm excited about what Kubiak and the new staff is going to do for the offense and Carr, but Ragone could easily be a legtimiate #2 QB. Let's remember what Mr. Harvard came in and did to us last season - and he was a #3.
To be fair, Mr. Harvard was probably playing the equivalent of the Cornell Univ. defense last year against the Texans. And to be fair, as an alum, I feel bad about be-smirching the good name of the Cornell Univ. defense by equating them to the '05 Texans defense. Go Big Red! (whatever a Big Red is, but still Go!)
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #9
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well i understand the arguement about him wanting to stay to have a chance to fight for the number 2 qb spot but i think kubiak has already made that decision by giving rosenfels a pretty good contract
Old 03-29-2006   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt we trade Ragone since we probably wouldn't even get the 3rd round pick we used to draft him...
Old 03-29-2006   #11
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
Let's remember what Mr. Harvard came in and did to us last season - and he was a #3.
Do you remember what Mr. Harvard did against the rest of the league?

He completed 50% of his passes and threw 1 TD and 7 INT's. That's how bad our defense sucked!!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read