Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do the Texans need the fans, for ideas?
Yes, they need us to make a team. 20 18.18%
No, they have professionals for this kind of stuff. 90 81.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2006   #1
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Default I just thought of something?

Yo do u think that the coaches and owners of the Texans check this message board for ideas?

what do u think
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #2
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

at best they might look to see whats being talked about but I really.. REALLY hope that they arent relying of a bunch of monday morning GM's to decide how the team should be put together and ran.
Old 03-27-2006   #3
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Yo it would be better if the ppl that vote atleast post some kind of reply so I can understand y u voted for what, thanks
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #4
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
Yo it would be better if the ppl that vote atleast post some kind of reply so I can understand y u voted for what, thanks
I don't think they read the board for ideas. Laughs, maybe.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #5
mapleleaf
Veteran

Well come to think of it...no. I mean we're just fans all that we can do to the Texans is just attend their games and scream in support and follow their stats on ESPN. I don't think they'll come here for ideas because they don't want their opinions swayed, but then again it would be kind of ridiclous if you don't know what your fans want, but then again again....it wouldn't matter.

Last edited by mapleleaf; 03-27-2006 at 06:53 PM.
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #6
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
Yo do u think that the coaches and owners of the Texans check this message board for ideas?

what do u think
Probably not. Maybe someone from the organization looks at to get a pulse but probably that is about it.

There are some good points here, but probably a lot those things they have already thought of.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #7
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

if they are checking this message board we are in serious trouble.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2006   #8
mapleleaf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
if they are checking this message board we are in serious trouble.
Nah, I think that if they do then they're just not human enough to think.
Old 03-27-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

No.

However, I've heard that they hang out at Buffalo Wild Wings on Friday and Saturday nights and eavesdrop on the conversations between drunk sports fans. They think the ideas flow more freely in that environment. They've also found the participants a little more respectful to each other since they are face to face. And they can eat wings while they spy!

All in all, BW3s is a great place for the coaches and front office to pick up on new Texan team strategies.
Old 03-27-2006   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

The FO people may occasionally check to see what is being said, and I'm sure there are some lower people within the organization that check on things fairly often and maybe even post on here, but they aren't going to get ideas or take advice on what to do from these boards.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #11
el toro
All Pro

Maybe someone in the marketing department checks in here to gauge fan reaction and what not.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

actually, i can answer this. Someone with in the organization DOES browse this board, but not for football content. It is for purposes of marketing and sales, but nobody from the scouting department, or the office of the general manager reads what we post. I asked this question to a friend of mine who is a scout.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #13
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Well if they do read this then................
GET REGGIE BUSH MR.MCNAIR!!!!!!!!
Done.
Old 03-27-2006   #14
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oy yeah well check this out for getting some wild vibes into the subject. My last name is McClain and I just joined and started posting last week. Although I've been reading this site and the posts here since who knows way back when but should I assure anyone that I'm not and/or related to the infamous Houston Chronicle News sports writer McClain but I am wiritng this.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #15
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

I would be willing to bet each of the players has been here multiple times..
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #16
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

They probably are not even aware there is a houstontexans.com message board. If coaches were to go to a message board for ideas, then they have no business being a coach.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #17
mapleleaf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texizgreat
I would be willing to bet each of the players has been here multiple times..
Doubt it. Busy as hell like celebs.
Old 03-27-2006   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
They probably are not even aware there is a houstontexans.com message board. If coaches were to go to a message board for ideas, then they have no business being a coach.
like i said, the coaches/players, no, but the marketing/advertising/public relations department in fact, do.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf
Doubt it. Busy as hell like celebs.
I wouldn't doubt that players look at this board, from time to time. The Jag's Donivan Darius even posts on their board, his name is "DoubleD20"
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #20
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
like i said, the coaches/players, no, but the marketing/advertising/public relations department in fact, do.
Yeah, I'm sure the marketing/advertising/PR department do know about this site because I'm sure they are behind it's design. But players and coaches?? No way, lots of times you hear about players and coaches who will not read the sports page or watch sports news on TV. I just can't imagine them coming on an internet message board.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read