Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-27-2006   #1
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125
Default few games announced for next season...

Monday night, Sept. 11, will feature the first regularly scheduled Monday Night Football game on ESPN, and the first regularly scheduled Monday Night Football doubleheader. The first game (7 p.m. ET) will pit the Minnesota Vikings, under new head coach Brad Childress, at the Washington Redskins, an '05 Divisional Playoff team. The Monday night "nightcap" (10:15 p.m. ET) will be an AFC West meeting of the San Diego Chargers, directed by new starting quarterback Philip Rivers, at the Oakland Raiders, also led by a new coach, Pro Football Hall of Famer Art Shell.

Monday night double header.. i love it. does anyone know if this will be every week...

Summery:
Opening weekend...
Sept 7th- Miami @ Pitt
Sept 10th Cowboys @ Jax
Sept 10th Colts @ Giants... already hailed as the manning bowl
Sept 11th Vikings @ Washington first monday night game
Sept 11th Chargers @ Raiders monday night nightcap (10:15 start ET)

Thanks Giving (my favorite holiday)
12:30 game Miami @ Detroit
4:15 game Bucs @ Cowboys
8:00 (on nfl network) Broncos @ Chiefs

Three games on TG i'm stoked...

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9340852
Old 03-27-2006   #2
bignasty
Veteran

Section: BullPen 116 row N
Rep Power: 13 bignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to bignasty Send a message via MSN to bignasty

well that means we will not get the Thanksgiving game with Dallas
bignasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

If the team hadn't been so damn horrible last year we might have gotten the TG game with Dallas. I would have liked to have watched them with all my relatives in Georgia. Oh well I should have known.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTim5125
Monday night, Sept. 11, will feature the first regularly scheduled Monday Night Football game on ESPN, and the first regularly scheduled Monday Night Football doubleheader. The first game (7 p.m. ET) will pit the Minnesota Vikings, under new head coach Brad Childress, at the Washington Redskins, an '05 Divisional Playoff team. The Monday night "nightcap" (10:15 p.m. ET) will be an AFC West meeting of the San Diego Chargers, directed by new starting quarterback Philip Rivers, at the Oakland Raiders, also led by a new coach, Pro Football Hall of Famer Art Shell.

Monday night double header.. i love it. does anyone know if this will be every week...

Summery:
Opening weekend...
Sept 7th- Miami @ Pitt
Sept 10th Cowboys @ Jax
Sept 10th Colts @ Giants... already hailed as the manning bowl
Sept 11th Vikings @ Washington first monday night game
Sept 11th Chargers @ Raiders monday night nightcap (10:15 start ET)

Thanks Giving (my favorite holiday)
12:30 game Miami @ Detroit
4:15 game Bucs @ Cowboys
8:00 (on nfl network) Broncos @ Chiefs

Three games on TG i'm stoked...

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9340852
maybe there was a bad line and this was said 'boys are playing an afc south team on the rise, the.. we'll show them cos there injury prone rb should be fit to play' im desperate here

pissed about the double header of MNF.. cant get that over here:brickwall

happy about treble TG
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #5
c5demon
Rookie

I would be happy with the Texans/Cowboys playing on Sunday after the UT/OU Red River Shootout!
c5demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #6
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Boo, no Green Bay OR Texans Turkey day games!

That majorly sucks.

Hmm, the Cowgirls and the Jags...oh who do I side with on this one? I have a serious case of anal glaucoma for this match up, I can't see my **** cheering for either side.

I guess will be the best I can do.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
If the team hadn't been so damn horrible last year we might have gotten the TG game with Dallas. I would have liked to have watched them with all my relatives in Georgia. Oh well I should have known.

I don't believe that is true. I believe they switch every year between an AFC team and NFC team.

Last year the Cowboys played Denver. So this year it would be NFC. And so it is.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2006   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5
maybe there was a bad line and this was said 'boys are playing an afc south team on the rise, the.. we'll show them cos there injury prone rb should be fit to play' im desperate here

pissed about the double header of MNF.. cant get that over here:brickwall

happy about treble TG

Yea. I'm sure the NFL schedules games around injured prone RB's. Where do you get this stuff?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #9
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 66035 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Are both Monday night games on ESPN??

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #10
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

that is going to be a LOOOOONG Monday night for us football fanatic nuts. Wonder if I can stay away from the final score news the next day to catch it on my DVR and watch it later.
Old 03-27-2006   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I don't believe that is true. I believe they switch every year between an AFC team and NFC team.

Last year the Cowboys played Denver. So this year it would be NFC. And so it is.
Ahh..well, we were still horrible and we still aren't playing Dallas. So, ultimately the same thing.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Yea. I'm sure the NFL schedules games around injured prone RB's. Where do you get this stuff?
Old 03-28-2006   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
that is going to be a LOOOOONG Monday night for us football fanatic nuts. Wonder if I can stay away from the final score news the next day to catch it on my DVR and watch it later.
lightweight
Old 03-28-2006   #14
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan

I think this is great. First game on Monday starts at 6 Houston time. The second one 9:15. Sweet. I wish they could do that every week.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #15
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

i know the monday night double header is only to kick off the new monday night season but maybe it's also an audition for more possible monday night double headers.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read