Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-27-2006   #1
el toro
All Pro

Default Michael Huff

Any thoughts on him and what it would take to get another pick high enough to land him?
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #2
uteric3232
Rookie

Calling the UT haters....

Unlikely to grab another draft pick. Texans would have to trade down to 7 or 8 and take him there.
uteric3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure if we traded the first pick down to the 7-10 range. He helps fill a need.
Old 03-27-2006   #4
AJExplosion80
Rookie

Default Huff

Huff wouldn't be a bad pick by trading down that far but I don't think that anyone would want to trade to the #1 from that range unless the raiders really decide they want Young bad other than that I don't see us moving down far enough.
AJExplosion80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #5
el toro
All Pro

I wouldn't give up the #1 for a shot at Huff unless it came with multiple picks beyond just a high 1st rounder this year.
Old 03-27-2006   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

def. a quality FS for the team to look at if we somehow trade down to 8-9 and vernon is gone
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #7
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Like Huff but not sure I'd be willing to trade Bush or Williams for the shot at him. Of course, if we can pull another great first day pick, would be interested in hearing more ...
Old 03-27-2006   #8
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by el toro
I wouldn't give up the #1 for a shot at Huff unless it came with multiple picks beyond just a high 1st rounder this year.
what about their #7 and Moss?? for our #1 overall. Would you do that?
Old 03-27-2006   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
yes but CAP would make it near-impossible
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #10
el toro
All Pro

Perhaps. I think you have to have a deal that lands you multiple picks, perhaps some in the next draft.
Old 03-27-2006   #11
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

I think Huff is a great player.I think we should try and get him.He hits like a truck and he reads the ball well.I am just worried about our Defense.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #12
Erratic Assassin
All Pro

Rep Power: 13 Erratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by el toro
Any thoughts on him and what it would take to get another pick high enough to land him?
We have a pick high enough to get him but we won't use it.
Old 03-27-2006   #13
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Sure if we traded the first pick down to the 7-10 range. He helps fill a need.
I concur...Huff is a special player that can play anywhere in the secondary...He is fast, has great coverage skills, and is a great hitter...I'd gladly pass over Bush and Williams for Huff in a trade down since he fills a huge need for us...Huff has the potential to be one of, if not the, best FS in the league...
Old 03-27-2006   #14
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

So if by some miracle we did get Huff, where would he play? At UT he was mostly a SS, I think I would like him in a position to make plays, but Interceptions where not a strongpoint, the entire UT secondary had 10.
Old 03-27-2006   #15
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJExplosion80
Huff wouldn't be a bad pick by trading down that far but I don't think that anyone would want to trade to the #1 from that range unless the raiders really decide they want Young bad other than that I don't see us moving down far enough.
Huff is a very good DB, easily the best in this draft, but I wouldn't want to give up on Bush and Mario to get him. Our defense definitely needs some help, but Mario Williams is the best defensive playmaker in this draft and if we want to improve the defense he is definitely our best option.

As a side note, no one is going to trade up to #1 to take Vince Young. No one else values him that highly and would take him at #1 much less give up the huge package it will require to get up to the #1 pick, Leinart and Bush are the only two players any team would trade up to #1 to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
no
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #16
Caesar
Veteran

Huff is a great player at a need position for the Texans. However, it would require the them to draft a UT player, and we all know how likely that is.
Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #17
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
Huff is a great player at a need position for the Texans. However, it would require the them to draft a UT player, and we all know how likely that is.
Not the first time I've read a teary-eyed "Longhorns don't get no respekt" diatribe on this board. At first I thought it was all just a lot of sour grapes, but then, while browsing the internet, I came across these very troubling photos.

Kubiak, a known Aggie, defiantly flashes the "gig em" sign at a UT basketball game out of utter contempt. Worse, it's hard to tell, but he's actually burning a UT flag in his other hand.

And worst, and I do mean, most terrifying of all:

I nearly **** myself when I saw this one. Turns out I was wrong, just dead wrong: we aren't merely an NFL team whom for all of our drafting mistakes has tried to draft the best player available to us as determined by need. No, no, we are little more than an underground nine-figure TWELFTH MAN FOUNDATION who conspires to rid the world and especially the NFL of Longhorns everywhere!

I also found a shot of Casserly urinating off of the bell tower back in his college days, but I didn't want to get sued, so trust me when I say ... it's out there man.

The conspiracy theorists were right, and I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight. If these photos don't prove it in your mind, I don't know what will. They are destroying our beloved team, man!! First Derrick Johnson, then Vince Young, and what's next? Did we even invite Major Applewhite in for a workout? I want justice, and I don't mean Richard. I mean payback, and I want it now. The mayor should bring in the UT football team and line them up outside of Reliant Stadium and have everyone in this organization from the top on down oublically kiss the butts of each and every player as penance. Let Vince wear his pajamas, he won't need a suit today. Moreover, I'm going to create a Draft Longhorns petition and I want each of you to sign it, k? Let me know.

Last edited by jerek; 03-28-2006 at 09:39 AM.
jerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #18
AtheGreat
Veteran

AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #19
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Not the first time I've read a teary-eyed "Longhorns don't get no respekt" diatribe on this board. At first I thought it was all just a lot of sour grapes, but then, while browsing the internet, I came across these very troubling photos.

Kubiak, a known Aggie, defiantly flashes the "gig em" sign at a UT basketball game out of utter contempt. Worse, it's hard to tell, but he's actually burning a UT flag in his other hand.

And worst, and I do mean, most terrifying of all:

I nearly **** myself when I saw this one. Turns out I was wrong, just dead wrong: we aren't merely an NFL team whom for all of our drafting mistakes has tried to draft the best player available to us as determined by need. No, no, we are little more than an underground nine-figure TWELFTH MAN FOUNDATION who conspires to rid the world and especially the NFL of Longhorns everywhere!

I also found a shot of Casserly urinating off of the bell tower back in his college days, but I didn't want to get sued, so trust me when I say ... it's out there man.

The conspiracy theorists were right, and I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight. If these photos don't prove it in your mind, I don't know what will. They are destroying our beloved team, man!! First Derrick Johnson, then Vince Young, and what's next? Did we even invite Major Applewhite in for a workout? I want justice, and I don't mean Richard. I mean payback, and I want it now. The mayor should bring in the UT football team and line them up outside of Reliant Stadium and have everyone in this organization from the top on down oublically kiss the butts of each and every player as penance. Let Vince wear his pajamas, he won't need a suit today. Moreover, I'm going to create a Draft Longhorns petition and I want each of you to sign it, k? Let me know.
Definitely one of the funniest posts ever on here.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read