Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-19-2004   #1
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Lightbulb Name That Player

Thought I'd start a little game I call "Name That Player". It's pretty easy. All you do is pick a player, and give a few hints as to his identity without revealing his name. You can use stats, his uniform number, or whatever else you can think of to use. When you correctly guess the player, then feel free to add your player to the list.

Here goes. Let's start of with an easy one. This player passed for nearly 700 yards for the Texans in 2003. He also boasted the best TD/INT ratio of any other QB on the squad. Name that player.

Last edited by texasguy346; 08-19-2004 at 02:05 PM.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #2
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I have a one in three chance. Tony Banks.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
I have a one in three chance. Tony Banks.
You got it right, now you get to stump everyone else
Old 08-19-2004   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

An all-pro player, who also plays Basketball, in fact he tried out for the Miami Heat. (I know it is an easy one).
Old 08-19-2004   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
An all-pro player, who also plays Basketball, in fact he tried out for the Miami Heat. (I know it is an easy one).
Could it be Tony G from KC ?
Old 08-19-2004   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

You are correct sir!!!!
Old 08-19-2004   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

He was the second leading rusher in the NFL last season. He was between Jamal Lewis and LT. Still stumped? Well he's also "Batman", and has a tattoo to match.
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2004   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Guess I need to add another hint. He plays in the icy confines of LAMBEAU FIELD.
Old 08-19-2004   #9
TITAN83
Rookie

Aman Green.
(he just might be the biggest Batman fan there is)
And i did not need that second hint,ESPN did this segment on him a year or two ago on his batman theme.
TITAN83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN83
Aman Green.
(he just might be the biggest Batman fan there is)
You are correct sir. Try and stump the messageboarders
Old 08-19-2004   #11
TITAN83
Rookie

Edit:New ???)What QB Was Drafted by the USFL and later played for played for a team in florida in the NFL then won a super bowl with a team in california.

Last edited by TITAN83; 08-19-2004 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-19-2004   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Steve Young.

I think your other one was supposed to be Ditka but he played for the Cowboys as well as the Bears.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #13
TITAN83
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Steve Young.

I think your other one was supposed to be Ditka but he played for the Cowboys as well as the Bears.
Correct.
And I thought it was ditka as well but then when I did further research I found I had misquoted info so I changed the question...Sorry about that.
Old 08-19-2004   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

This player was drafted by the Colts and later traded to the Buccaneers for what turned out to be the the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

He has played for 7 teams and has returned to one of his former teams this season.

He started on a Super Bowl loser a few years ago.
Old 08-19-2004   #15
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

This player is a QB renowned for getting injured.
Old 08-19-2004   #16
hot4SteveMcNair
Rookie

I'm just taking a stab at it......

Chris Chandler???
hot4SteveMcNair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #17
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

You got it.

I thought that last clue would give it away.
Old 08-19-2004   #18
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

i guess i was wrong

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #19
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Who were you going to guess CarrBomb?
Old 08-19-2004   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

i forgot all about chandler the only other one i could thing of that went to a new team was collins

but then again he doesnt get hurt much

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read