Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-27-2006   #1
killerklown24
Rookie

Default 2nd round, Texans?

Updated Mock as of today...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Not sure I like the idea of the Texans passing on:

Mangold
Winston
Ryans

in the second round. Either one of those guys would be great at the top pf the second round (prefer an OL, you can never have enough)
Old 03-27-2006   #2
el toro
All Pro

With the moves in free agency, they can use the #33, #65, & #66 to add, perhaps exclusively, some O-lineman and secondary prospects.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #3
whiskeyrbl

I agree Toro,I think they will use #33 on a CB/S, and #65,#66, on OL, and DB. Denver has had good success with mid to late RD OL picks.
Old 03-27-2006   #4
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I think them taking Sinorice with #33 is assuming that we do NOT acquire Moulds or Walker. I think we will get the Moulds deal done & take Winston or Mangold with #33. If not, I think this may be right on with Moss.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #5
PokerStar
Veteran

I will tell you right now regardless if Moulds or whoever is brought in we will not draft Sinorice Moss with the first pick of the Second round. If Winston is there he will be drafted, and If he is not which is more likely Mangold will be drafted. Demeco Ryans we likely would not draft anyway he is a mid second rounder anyway.
Old 03-27-2006   #6
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags
I think them taking Sinorice with #33 is assuming that we do NOT acquire Moulds or Walker. I think we will get the Moulds deal done & take Winston or Mangold with #33. If not, I think this may be right on with Moss.

Yeah, they'd still be in the hunt for a receiver in some round. But if they turn that 4th rounder into Moulds, then that simplifies the 2nd and 3rd rounds significantly. They can take the best O-lineman to drop out of the 1st round with pick #33. Then they can use #65 and #66 to work on the secondary. Perhaps they could deal up if they find someone they like.
Old 03-27-2006   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

if we really pass on winston for moss, i admit i may be pissed

ps el toro.. id give you some +rep if i could, you seem to have the same opinion as me on all matters, texans
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2006   #8
el toro
All Pro

Great minds think alike.
Old 03-27-2006   #9
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerklown24
Not sure I like the idea of the Texans passing on:

Mangold
Winston
Ryans

in the second round. Either one of those guys would be great at the top pf the second round (prefer an OL, you can never have enough)
I would also add Cromartie and possibly Ko to that list.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #10
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Even though we have Putzier, what if Pope falls into the 2nd round. Any chance we trade down 10 spots or so in the 2nd and pick up a low 3rd maybe? I like anyone who's 6'7", can run and catch...of course, I like Mangold too!

Thoughts?
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #11
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Putzier will be solid in my opinion. I would rather use #33 on a bigger need. I know I preach about taking a guy for talent & the best player available, but Winston & Mangold is what I would use. I like Pope. A Lot. I am a UGA fan & I would love to see him here though.
Old 03-27-2006   #12
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5
if we really pass on winston for moss, i admit i may be pissed

ps el toro.. id give you some +rep if i could, you seem to have the same opinion as me on all matters, texans
I'd be upset if they passed on either of them as well. I think Moss will be just as explosive as his older brother. IMO
Old 03-27-2006   #13
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Quote:
I'd be upset if they passed on either of them as well. I think Moss will be just as explosive as his older brother.
I am thinking this is a good problem to have
Old 03-27-2006   #14
humbleone
Veteran

If any of these slip to #33, they should be the pick IMO:

Joseph-OG
Wimbley-DE
Cromartie-CB
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #15
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Based off that mock, I would take Bush, Mangold, Wilkerson, and Manning...
Old 03-27-2006   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleone
If any of these slip to #33, they should be the pick IMO:

Joseph-OG
Wimbley-DE
Cromartie-CB
Davin Joseph and Wimbley are not worth the #33 pick. Both deserve a third round grade IMO. Cromartie will go right around our pick I think, but he is a risk.
Old 03-27-2006   #17
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA
Even though we have Putzier, what if Pope falls into the 2nd round. Any chance we trade down 10 spots or so in the 2nd and pick up a low 3rd maybe? I like anyone who's 6'7", can run and catch...of course, I like Mangold too!

Thoughts?
Perhaps not a bad idea, but their #33 is at the top of the 2nd round. That places them in a nice spot to be able to nab someone who's fallen out of the 1st round. If they can get who they want at #33 at #43 or so, then yeah, it'd be nice to be able to pick up an extra 3rd rounder.
Old 03-27-2006   #18
tiger06
Veteran

I like Eric Winston at 33
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #19
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger06
Right now it would seem that he's going to go early in the 2nd round.
Old 03-27-2006   #20
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger06
Quote:
Originally Posted by el toro
Right now it would seem that he's going to go early in the 2nd round.
I think Winston will be gone in the mid-1st, as of right now he's the 2nd best OT in the draft and I've heard there are a lot of teams in the mid-late 1st that really like him (Dolphins, Cowboys among others), so I don't see him falling to #33, but I'd love it if he did.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read