Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006   #161
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Don't the Bills need a tackle? Too bad Capers (and/or some of his clowns) didn't go to Buffalo or we could discuss a Wade for Moulds trade.
Not a bad point as the hits on the cap seem similar, would need to look at that much closer. But that would be huge.
Old 03-27-2006   #162
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Preacher
This does smell a little like the Pace deal
Agreed. We've been burned too many times like this.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #163
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Nobody would be able to stop us with Carr at QB, DD and Bush in the backfield with Cook at FB, AJ and Moulds lined up at WR and Putzier at TE.
Old 03-27-2006   #164
texman8
Veteran

Pace was just using us; he really wanted to stay with Rams

Moulds really wants to leave the Bills.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #165
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman8
Pace was just using us; he really wanted to stay with Rams

Moulds really wants to leave the Bills.
I really hope your right about that. I want Moulds to come to Houston
Old 03-27-2006   #166
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hate giving up picks though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #167
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would the Texans not want to sign an almost guaranteed Hall of Famer with several good years left in him? Unless it's strictly a money issue, of course.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2006   #168
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I do too, but Moulds is better at this stage in his career than any WR available in the draft...This won't be the case in a few years after Jackson and Holmes get acclomated to playing in the league, but it's true for now...A bone fide number two receiver who would bring much needed experience to a young WR core for a 4th rounder is a steal, IMO...
Old 03-27-2006   #169
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65

I'll take moulds as our #2 over whatever we could get in the 4th or the 5th. The draft is a crapshoot, and while i dont think you should do it with your early picks, trading your later picks for players that have proven themselves as nfl talent isnt a bad thing. If we have a standard offense, show me a lineup with andre and moulds on the outside, walter and mathis coming in, putzier as our tight end, and dominack davis as our rb. With our upgraded offensive line, Carr would be flat out of excuses IMO

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #170
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
Carr would be flat out of excuses IMO
Yep, it would definitely be a put up or shut up year, especially if we have better line play.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #171
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

if we were able to work out a deal to get eric moulds for a day two pick this would be a huge addition for us...you put him and andre together with walter in the slot and putzier at TE with DD and bush splitting carries this offense has the making of a high powered offense...comm'on casserly get this done quickly before the eagles land him
Old 03-27-2006   #172
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh yea, a Day 2 pick wold be great. I'm just talking about trading the 2nd or 3rd rounders like last year.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #173
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Yep, it would definitely be a put up or shut up year, especially if we have better line play.
i'd say 2 years.. 1st year with all the changes.. team will still be trying to get used to each other
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #174
el toro
All Pro

He might crap his pants, this time with the time in the pocket he has and the options he has to throw to.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #175
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Agreed. We've been burned too many times like this.
This is nothing like the Pace deal. We would have given up TWO first rounders for Pace. The Rams ended up signing him for more than we offered. I don't think the Bills have any intention of resigning him, it will be trade or cut. The Rams were never going to just cut Pace.

I think the Pats, Eagles, Broncos, etc. will wait for him to be cut. Trading for him gives the Texans the chance to get him before he hits the open market. I think if no one gives the Bills a 4th, they would take our 5th rather than let Moulds go for nothing.

Remember, we got exactly squat for Sharper and Glenn last year.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #176
Buzz
Veteran

If I remember correctly, one of Moulds biggest gripes was the play calling of the Bills coach. If Kubiak can convince him somehow that he's going to be happy with what the team does, then that would help a lot in my opinion. Also, I don't see how waiting for a younger player to develop or step up helps Carr in the short run. Would you want him to be wondering if a guy with limited experience as a starter might make a mistake, or would you want him to be confident that the chances of something bad happening are slim? I prefer the second.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #177
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
If I remember correctly, one of Moulds biggest gripes was the play calling of the Bills coach. If Kubiak can convince him somehow that he's going to be happy with what the team does, then that would help a lot in my opinion. Also, I don't see how waiting for a younger player to develop or step up helps Carr in the short run. Would you want him to be wondering if a guy with limited experience as a starter might make a mistake, or would you want him to be confident that the chances of something bad happening are slim? I prefer the second.
Yep. Then you give Walter time to develop into the #2.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #178
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubix Kube
Imagine if we ended up 2-14 even with Pace. Ugh, we wouldn't have the #1 pick to show all of our hard work during the 2005 season. Maybe we would have won a few more games with Pace but I doubt it as bad as our defense was last year.
And we would lost our first rounder last year. That would mean no trade with the Saints and no second 3rd rounder this year.

That would leave us without the #1 and #66 picks this year.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #179
outofhnd
All Pro

Man A 4th round pick for a receiver tha can do what bradford could not and thats catch the friggin ball. Andre is an all pro #1 but when you have butterfingers bradford opposite him, how can he beat the defense? if we sign moulds I dunno if there would be a #1 or 2 reciever it would just be whoever is open. Plus next year we play the Bills in our house, Id Love to see Moulds scorch them with a 7 for 100yd day and a score. Moulds is an amazing wideout who is frustrated. Wouldnt you be if every season you had a different QB and 0 chance of making the playoffs? Buffalo for the last 10 years has 2 bad seasons then they have a season where you think they have turned the corner, then its 2 bad seasons again. if we get moulds that would rock now we just need to see how the protection holds, and the playaction bootleg passes work for DC and the rest of our offense.
Old 03-27-2006   #180
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

A very reliable source from Philly just said that Greg Johnson (agent) is on the local radio station up there indicating that the only reason that he's not signed with the Eagles yet is that he has strong ties to Houston. Johnson also indicated that the decision will be made very soon.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read