Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006   #141
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
How many WR's do you think we will carry? We have six signed at the moment and Moulds would be a seventh and Bush would come into a backfield that already has DD, Morency, Norris and Cook. So with a signing of Moulds we would have 11 of our 53 players for our offensive skill positions not inlcuding QB and TE. That number does not include Jason Anderson or Jonathan Wells.

Many of you would like to turn this into a you hate Bush debate. My debate focuses on numbers, need and dollars.
how many quality wr's do we have? bush should be more explosive than any of our rbs- if DD goes down who would you rather have-morency or reggie?
we've alot of d-line also- that doesnt mean we shouldn't take mario
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #142
PokerStar
Veteran

KT likes reggie from what I have read, he just does not like the fact that we will essentally have 70M in total money tied up in the RB position. Yes that is 22 for DD and 50+ for Reggie not to mention the Morency factor. Yeah if we got Mario Williams it means we spent alot for a penetrating DT. But if at DT Weaver can produce 6-10 sacks then we got him for cheap because he just became a pro-bowler. The Defense was horrid, and to truly build champions you need to spend on defense, to look at throwing money at offense while the defense is just getting a sub-par DT/DE an injury prone DE, and a couple of set shifts does not inspire me to handle the teams that we will face this year. There will not be another DE that comes out with Mario's measurables for a while, there will be another 50+ worth RB that comes out that has homerun speed. Spend money on a weakness, dont spend it on something the HC knows tons about, that is what got Dom in trouble.
Old 03-27-2006   #143
el toro
All Pro

Nah, you spend it on something the HC knows about. The danger lies in taking a top pick whose talents won't be maximized in your system. You still have the rest of the draft plus next offseason to address what issues remain.

It's also not like the defense has been neglected this offseason.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #144
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerStar
KT likes reggie from what I have read, he just does not like the fact that we will essentally have 70M in total money tied up in the RB position. Yes that is 22 for DD and 50+ for Reggie not to mention the Morency factor. Yeah if we got Mario Williams it means we spent alot for a penetrating DT. But if at DT Weaver can produce 6-10 sacks then we got him for cheap because he just became a pro-bowler. The Defense was horrid, and to truly build champions you need to spend on defense, to look at throwing money at offense while the defense is just getting a sub-par DT/DE an injury prone DE, and a couple of set shifts does not inspire me to handle the teams that we will face this year. There will not be another DE that comes out with Mario's measurables for a while, there will be another 50+ worth RB that comes out that has homerun speed. Spend money on a weakness, dont spend it on something the HC knows tons about, that is what got Dom in trouble.
Thank you for captruing my thoughts on this wide canvas we call building a team.
Old 03-27-2006   #145
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
He will create matchup problems and take double teams away from AJ. When Carr dumps it off to him he can do more with it than DD. I believe he is also good at picking up a blitz, something DD sucks at.

Even if we get Moulds I don't think he takes double teams away from AJ. He would just serve as an upgrade at #2 receiver.
We think he'll create matchup problems. Until he beats an NFL defense, I doubt many coaches will start scheming against him. NFL defenders are much better than College defenders. They tackle better, anticipate better, pursue better, take better angles.

I'd also like to see him pick-up a 260lb lineman on a blitze, before I say he's better than DD....... was this one of the cons against DD on his scouting report??

Wow, Reggie will command more attention than Moulds........ Wow.
Old 03-27-2006   #146
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubix Kube
So when do you think we will hear anything new? I am hoping by tonight. Wishful thinking......
Probably Wednesday. Maybe tomorrow evening.
Old 03-27-2006   #147
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Eric Moulds would be a great fit here in Houston. I personally think he has about 5 good years left in him. With him and Andre Johnson, they can't give all their focus to AJ. Add Putzier and Reggie Bush to the mix and you have a pretty good offense. Not dynamic, there aren't many dynamic offenses in the NFL, but certainly above-average. I believe our offense alone will have us compete next year. I do believe we will select Reggie Bush and most of the rest of the draft will be spent on defense. Shore up the offense through free agency and shore up defense through the draft. Hopefully the defense will work out.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2006   #148
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Eric Moulds would be a great fit here in Houston. I personally think he has about 5 good years left in him. With him and Andre Johnson, they can't give all their focus to AJ. Add Putzier and Reggie Bush to the mix and you have a pretty good offense. Not dynamic, there aren't many dynamic offenses in the NFL, but certainly above-average. I believe our offense alone will have us compete next year. I do believe we will select Reggie Bush and most of the rest of the draft will be spent on defense. Shore up the offense through free agency and shore up defense through the draft. Hopefully the defense will work out.
ohh, I hate to disagree. If David plays like he did the first half of 2004, we can be dynamic, very dynamic.
Old 03-27-2006   #149
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Latest ESPN Insider Report

Quote:
The Texans are aggressively pursuing a trade for Moulds, the Houston Chronicle reports. Moulds, unwilling to accept a pay cut to stay in Buffalo, has been given permission by the Bills to seek a trade.
"We're exploring an opportunity for Eric to play for the Texans," said Greg Johnson, one of Moulds' representatives. "If all sides can see eye to eye, we'll make it happen.

"But everyone has to see eye to eye."

Before Moulds can be moved, a team would have to negotiate a new contract with the wide receiver. Moulds' destination of choice appears to be Philadelphia, but it's doubtful the Eagles would be willing to meet his financial demands, according to the Philadelphia Daily News. Moulds, who is scheduled to make $7.1 million this season, is seeking a deal similar to the one Isaac Bruce received from the Rams (3 years, $15 million).

"Every time I mention Philadelphia, Eric's ears perk up," Johnson told the Daily News. "He wants to go to Philadelphia. He really feels he could help them. He loves the idea of being an Eagle and playing with Donovan [McNabb]."

The Patriots and Broncos are also believed to be in the mix for Moulds.
i know this isn't groundbreaking or anything but i figured it might actually pull this topic back onto Moulds.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #150
BrianC
Rookie

They didnt give any details but ESPNEWS said Eric Moulds is talking w/ the Texans trying to get a deal done.

Eric Moulds for a 4th rd pick wow that would be so great.
BrianC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #151
scarsdale
Rookie

I heard it on the radio, but I heard 5th round pick, which would be even better.

If we can sign Moulds. I'd love the day 1 to pan out like this.

1. Bush
2. Winston
3. best OL available
3. best DB on board
4. BPA
scarsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #152
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Updated on Globe and Mail - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...NStory/Sports/

Just saw some quotes in this article that were different in this thread:

Texans emerge as team most interested in Moulds
Associated Press

Buffalo The Houston Texans have emerged as the team most interested in trading for disgruntled Bills receiver Eric Moulds, who has vowed he won't return to Buffalo.

"I've had a great conversation with Charley Casserly, and it's intriguing," Moulds's personal adviser Greg Johnson said Monday, referring to the Texans general manager. "I'm not saying he's definitely going to Houston, but I'm saying that Houston is definitely a player."

Johnson, who said "things are heating up," said he's already discussed reworking his client's contract with Casserly should a trade be made. Texans spokesman Tony Wyllie declined comment.

Moulds, who has two years left on his contract, has the Bills' permission to seek a trade after he twice rejected the team's request to take a pay cut. A 10-year veteran, Moulds is the Bills senior player and ranks second on the team in numerous career receiving categories. He's scheduled to make $7.1 million next season, but because of bonuses count about $10.85 million against the salary cap, a figure Buffalo deems too expensive.

Releasing or trading Moulds would save the Bills at least $5.5 million in cap space. Buffalo would likely settle for a fourth-round pick or higher in a deal for Moulds.

Johnson said he's also had conversations with Philadelphia Eagles president Joe Banner and New England Patriots personnel director Scott Pioli. However, the Patriots, who have lost three receivers to free agency this month, are considered an unlikely trade candidate because they play in the same division as Buffalo.

Johnson added others who've expressed interest include Kansas City, San Francisco, Denver and Seattle.

Johnson said Moulds would be interested in playing for Houston, even though the Texans are coming off an NFL-worst 2-14 finish and have not had a winning record in their five seasons.

Houston is close to Moulds's native Mississippi, which would allow his family to see him play more often. Johnson added Moulds would complement a Texans offence that already has a solid receiver in Andre Johnson and has the opportunity to draft USC running back and Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in next month's draft.

Johnson said he plans to continue discussions with interested teams before Moulds begins comparing offers.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #153
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarsdale
I heard it on the radio, but I heard 5th round pick, which would be even better.

If we can sign Moulds. I'd love the day 1 to pan out like this.

1. Bush
2. Winston
3. best OL available
3. best DB on board
4. BPA
I like Winston too but don't know much about his footwork. I'd almost be tempted to go Mangold there and play him at G/C combo. If Flanagan DOES get hurt, Mangold can move to Center and Weary or (Draftpick) can move to guard. Otherwise, I'm willing to bet out of the guards and centers, Mangold would get the call.

I like Moulds for a 4th and REALLY for a 5th. Remember, they want that cap space more than our 4th rounder. I would assume that this deal gets done fairly quickly.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #154
The Preacher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA
I like Winston too but don't know much about his footwork. I'd almost be tempted to go Mangold there and play him at G/C combo. If Flanagan DOES get hurt, Mangold can move to Center and Weary or (Draftpick) can move to guard. Otherwise, I'm willing to bet out of the guards and centers, Mangold would get the call.

I like Moulds for a 4th and REALLY for a 5th. Remember, they want that cap space more than our 4th rounder. I would assume that this deal gets done fairly quickly.
If possible I really hope they don't give up the first pick of the second day because you know someone will slip through the cracks who they never thought would. That or someone else does and yo upick up an extra 5th in the process. Our 5th is almost like a 4th anyways so I think the Bills would settle for that. This does smell a little like the Pace deal except the Bills aren't desperate to get him back. Other teams know they'll have to pony up if we're involved so it's no surprise his people are in talks with the FO.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #155
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Preacher
This does smell a little like the Pace deal .
Agreed... It has me a little worried....
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #156
scarsdale
Rookie

I like Winston assuming Mangold is gone, but I definitely would take Mangold over Winston if both were on the board
scarsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #157
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Johnson added Moulds would complement a Texans offence that already has a solid receiver in Andre Johnson and has the opportunity to draft USC running back and Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in next month's draft.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #158
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life
Updated on Globe and Mail - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...NStory/Sports/

Just saw some quotes in this article that were different in this thread:

Texans emerge as team most interested in Moulds
Associated Press

Buffalo — ...Buffalo would likely settle for a fourth-round pick or higher in a deal for Moulds....
I bet we could probably give our 5th this year and maybe our 5th next year and still meet what the Bills are after, with or pick being the first of the 5th round and therefore basically a 4th. I'd rather hang on to our 4th this year.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #159
adrianshrev
Rookie

well i like the deal i think it would help the offense out a lot and keep the defense fresher than it has been... but it also sets up a trade down possibility that no one has said here we would have fixed or addressed every offense concern except tackle and tennessee wants that first pick to get lineart.. what to do?? what do ya think?
adrianshrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #160
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't the Bills need a tackle? Too bad Capers (and/or some of his clowns) didn't go to Buffalo or we could discuss a Wade for Moulds trade.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read