Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006   #101
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5
EXPLAIN....we'll have players who can step up if a team tries to take our playmakers out of the game..therefore reggie will have more space/ better matchups so he can do his thing
Reggie Bush is a prospect for the NFL draft. The Houston Texans are an NFL team. The Texans are in a period like the other 31 teams that are working on free agent acquisitions, attritions and extensions. Over the course of the last 3 weeks we have shored up some depth and have acquired some players that we can pencil in as starters. What makes Bush the most attractive player for us at the moment is that he is multi dimensional and one of our needs is at WR.
Old 03-27-2006   #102
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Well there is not too many 25 year old star FAs out there. We finaly got some guys in here and pretty much all of them will start, we have not even got into the draft yet.
If Kubes drafts well we could be a 10-11 win team next year.

Your right "some" of these guys "probably" will not be here very long, but, they are going to help us out a lot this year.

That's not a bad deal at all, IMO. Those guys could be here longer than just the next 2 years. My point is that the front office has not showed signs of looking to build a team to win in 2010, but rather in 2006.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #103
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Reggie Bush is a prospect for the NFL draft. The Houston Texans are an NFL team. The Texans are in a period like the other 31 teams that are working on free agent acquisitions, attritions and extensions. Over the course of the last 3 weeks we have shored up some depth and have acquired some players that we can pencil in as starters. What makes Bush the most attractive player for us at the moment is that he is multi dimensional and one of our needs is at WR.

Bush was never a candidate to be the #2. His value lies in his backfield play as well as his ability to line up in the slot as a 3rd receiver. Getting a capable #2 does not change the lure of Bush nor the rationale for his selection.
Old 03-27-2006   #104
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
still can be used at wr (not to mention we all expected him to be a slot wr), and still your point makes no sense....despite your attempt to be a smug prick
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #105
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by el toro
Bush was never a candidate to be the #2. His value lies in his backfield play as well as his ability to line up in the slot as a 3rd receiver. Getting a capable #2 does not change the lure of Bush nor the rationale for his selection.
You and your cohorts only rationale for selecting Bush comes down to these four rationales:

Best back in a generation - that was in college
He is a game breaker - that was in college
He fills needs - not sure where that is
Post link to highlight film - love bright and shiny things

I have seen no rationale in any post on why we should take him.
Old 03-27-2006   #106
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
To be fair, I would say there is a difference when you break the huddle about lining up Bush in motion out of the backfield as a flanker as opposed to lining him up as a #2.

I would much rather have a LB try to matchup with him or S vs. a CB. The value to Bush in my mind is that his dimension creates the odd matchups. I can't see signing a solid #2 as anything except taking more defensive attention away from other weapons... I wouldn't be sacred of Walter beating my deep. Moulds, a little more scary, although not what he used to be.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #107
Hawg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
basically get them while their young and develop them to fit ur scheme. an older player like moulds with an established reputation is least likely to adapt to a new system.

Your probably right. Thanks for shedding some light.
Old 03-27-2006   #108
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
You and your cohorts only rationale for selecting Bush comes down to these four rationales:

Um, I've offered more than that. With respect to "needs", it's not hard to talk yourself out of taking a great player following that logic. Anyways, it's not like Davis hasn't had injury issues nor that Kubiak has not demonstrated that you can use more than one back in his offensive schemes. Why clip your ability to build a potent offense simply to become average at one other spot when you have other methods (other 1st day picks, for example) to address that "need"?

Every player in the draft has a rep based on what they were in college. That's not exactly the best response to those arguments.
Old 03-27-2006   #109
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5
still can be used at wr (not to mention we all expected him to be a slot wr), and still your point makes no sense....despite your attempt to be a smug prick
SInce you requested me to explain, which you put in capital letters mind you. I figured you wanted a more thorough explanation. Little did I realize that it was a smug reply.

Congratulations you are the first poster I have ever given a negative post, you did not deserve it, but you certainly earned it.
Old 03-27-2006   #110
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

In a trade does the player have to approve of it?
Old 03-27-2006   #111
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Umm, the whole team is adapting to a new system, I would not be too worried about how Moulds would fit in...
Old 03-27-2006   #112
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:

When was the last time a Pro athlete ws in the draft? Doesn't make sense at all.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #113
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sure that was in college, but isn't that the same rationale one could use for VY or Mario?
Old 03-27-2006   #114
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:

...that was in college
As opposed to...?

DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #115
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by el toro
Um, I've offered more than that.

Every player in the draft has a rep based on what they were in college. That's not exactly the best response to those arguments.
I am waiting to see it. Critiquing someone else's posts is not rationalizing, that is called manufacturing doubt.
Old 03-27-2006   #116
The Preacher
Veteran

Wow this is a busy thread for what is most likely a moot point. An article posted earlier on here didn't even put the Texans in MOulds' top five. I would think with only a couple years left he would want to go somewhere his chances of winning a championship were greater. The Texans are probably a year or two away from getting a guy like that willing to take a chance on us during his last few years.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #117
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Sure that was in college, but isn't that the same rationale one could use for VY or Mario?
We do not need VY. Mario would be a good pick at #1, and even better in a trade down scenario.
Old 03-27-2006   #118
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson
To be fair, I would say there is a difference when you break the huddle about lining up Bush in motion out of the backfield as a flanker as opposed to lining him up as a #2.

I would much rather have a LB try to matchup with him or S vs. a CB. The value to Bush in my mind is that his dimension creates the odd matchups. I can't see signing a solid #2 as anything except taking more defensive attention away from other weapons... I wouldn't be sacred of Walter beating my deep. Moulds, a little more scary, although not what he used to be.

Exactly. With AJ, Moulds and Putzier you have 3 capable receivers that a defense has to worry about already. Throw Bush in as the wildcard, a guy who's a threat to run or line up in the slot on any down. Then you'll still have Davis, Morency or Cook to line up in the backfield and be a threat to run or go into the flat as a receiver. Teams will have to respect the run and pass on every down. Now why give this up?
Old 03-27-2006   #119
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
I am waiting to see it. Critiquing someone else's posts is not rationalizing, that is called manufacturing doubt.

eh? You can critique others' points but they cannot critique yours? Whatever.
Old 03-27-2006   #120
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA
As opposed to...?

Paying for proven talent in the NFL. We have Carr and AJ at high priced contracts base upon their draft staus and performance in college. We do not need a third on offense. If we truly needed a multi dimensional back we should have gone after Edgerrin.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read