Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2006   #21
Trapped
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo3883
not really, barring an injury.

1998- 67 for 1368
1999- 65 for 994
2000- 94 for 1326
2001- 67 for 904
2002- 100 for 1292
2003- 64 for 780
2004- 88 for 1043
2005- 81 for 816

if hes healthy, you can see he is a pro-bowl caliber WR. he missed time last year, and had arguably one of the worst qbs in the league throwing the ball, and still managed 80 grabs.

healthy + our offense should get him 80 catches and 1000+ yards easy
we can argue all day, but we will simply have too many playmakers too distrubute the ball, Andre, the president, Davis, Putzier, i see Moulds realistically getting 800 if he were to come here. Which is solid, but not all-pro.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

don't you guys get it yet, for once, well let me restate that, the new team in charge namely Kubiac is addressing the Texans most critical needs one player at a time. I know its a shock, really unexpected after four years of doing the wrong things, the Texans have turned the corner, call it maturity. Moulds would be an excellent addition and clearly the #2 WR needed.

look at how Kubiac has addressed the needs with a strong side DE, former all-pro center with Super Bowl experience, a profiecent experienced TE, #3 possession, ball control WR, blocking/pass protection/receiving FB, a solid MLB & now in the hunt for a true #2 WR, although I think it will cost the Texans a 3rd rd. draft pick.

bottom line I really like the aggressive approach they are taking, this is a C/O on the fly.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #23
bdiddy
Veteran

What about DD and a 5th round pick? I know the Bills do really need a running back, but this would clear some cap room signing Moulds. Just a thought.
Old 03-27-2006   #24
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
What about DD and a 5th round pick? I know the Bills do really need a running back, but this would clear some cap room signing Moulds. Just a thought.
If we're going to trade DD for a player, I'd rather trade him for a younger one.
Old 03-27-2006   #25
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy

did they trade willis mcgahee?
Old 03-27-2006   #26
el toro
All Pro

eh, just wait and you don't have to give up DD.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #27
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

DD will not be traded. He is 33% of our offense. As we learned last year, we need veteran leaders. Moulds could be one for the WR corps.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2006   #28
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

People, people, people...if anything's gonna get traded, it's that 66th pick.
Old 03-27-2006   #29
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

Here's your proof of both the Moulds info and the Kalu signing.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/disp...t/3749828.html
Quote:
Meanwhile, the Texans are expected to sign another free agent today. Philadelphia defensive end N.D. Kalu agreed to a one-year, $750,000 contract during the weekend.
Old 03-27-2006   #30
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

i havent really looked hard, but i checked the eagles site and espn.com and couldnt come up with career stats, so tell me...is kalu some great pass rusher or more of a run stuffer? will he be a starter or reserve behind babin/peek? i understand he has been in the league for 10 seasons.
Old 03-27-2006   #31
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A league official familiar with the negotiations said Sunday night that the Bills are asking for a fourth-round pick
Bills want a 4th rounder. They would probably take that 7 million he's due this year and turn it into a Flanagan-like three year deal. I don't know.... he's been very productive but he'll be 33 in July and most likely has only a year or two left.

Kalu opened the season as RDE starter opposite Kearse last year but he had some shoulder issues and eventually lost his spot to Trent Cole. In the offseason the Eagles picked up Darren Howard from the Saints to take over that position making Kalu expendable. I would expect Kalu to be Weaver's backup, but he could get a spot start now and then or even become a regular starter on the other side if the Peek/Babin experiment doesn't work. He's not a quick and explosive pass rusher but he does an adequate job defending the run.

Last edited by aj.; 03-27-2006 at 06:29 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #32
texman8
Veteran

These are Kalu's stats:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3762

He had a couple good seasons in 2002/2003.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #33
texman8
Veteran

Moulds' Stats:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1196

Wow, he'll be 33 in July.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #34
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

A second Day pick as figured, 4th rounder and the contract should be restructured somewhere in the calibur of 3 years 15.5 million with a 3-5 million Dollar Signing Bonus. Again IMO.
Old 03-27-2006   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
I'm sure we could get him for our 2nd or 3rd.
According to the chronicle, they're talking a 4th round pick.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan
Does anyone have any evidence to support the ND Kalu rumour that is starting up??

ND Kalu
Old 03-27-2006   #36
|The.Brand0n|
Rookie

Ehhh.. Why not Javon Walker?
Old 03-27-2006   #37
scarsdale
Rookie

Moulds is a fitness nut and stays in great shape. I think he'd be worth a 4th if he restructures his contract. I wouldn't let the 33 scare you too much.
scarsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #38
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Agent: Moulds wants to play for Eagles

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/14195503.htm

Eric Moulds has a wish list of five teams he'd like to play for, and guess who's at the tippy-top of it?

That's right. The Eagles.

"Every time I mention Philadelphia, Eric's ears perk up," said Greg Johnson, who represents the 32-year-old Bills wide receiver along with his partner, Harry Henderson. "He wants to go to Philadelphia. He really feels he could help them. He loves the idea of being an Eagle and playing with Donovan [McNabb]."

Moulds wants out of Buffalo, and the Bills, who will have to pay him $7.1 million in salary and bonuses this year if he's on the team, are only too happy to oblige him. They have put the word out that he can be had for a second-day pick in next month's draft.

But don't start visualizing him in an Eagles uniform quite yet.
Johnson said he talked to Eagles president Joe Banner last week. He said there is "some interest" in Moulds by the Eagles, which an organization source also acknowledged.

But as much as Moulds would love to catch passes from McNabb, he is not interested in doing it for free, or anything close to free.

According to a source from one of the five teams on Moulds' wish list, which also includes New England, Seattle, Kansas City and Denver, the wide receiver is looking for a contract similar to the one Isaac Bruce signed with the St. Louis Rams 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-27-2006   #39
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/14195503.htm

But as much as Moulds would love to catch passes from McNabb, he is not interested in doing it for free, or anything close to free.

According to a source from one of the five teams on Moulds' wish list, which also includes New England, Seattle, Kansas City and Denver, the wide receiver is looking for a contract similar to the one Isaac Bruce signed with the St. Louis Rams 2 weeks ago.
Looks like he is just using the Texans to get a higher payday somewhere else.
Old 03-27-2006   #40
The Preacher
Veteran

If I remember correctly he's made some pretty selfish comments in the past when things haven't gone well. The new look Texans are bringing in high character guys and though Moulds hasn't exactly gotten headline news about it, he's caused some headaches for the Bills. I wouldn't give up anything for him or pay him more than 2 mil a year but that's just me. I would even go as far to say I think Walters will produce as much this year as Moulds will as Walters is on the verge of breaking out and will prove himself a steal of this offseason while Moulds will simply be average wherever he lands. When Henry went down against Pitt Walters was Kitna's go-to guy and showed he was more than capable of playing a large role. Yeah it was just one game but the guy can definitely play at a high level. I simply don't think that's a direction we should take if it means giving up a pick. I would much rather take a flier on Colston or Jennings in the fourth.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read