Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006   #201
MasterC25
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Yeah, but I had to only put 11 people on the field. If you're going for more speed you could take either Davis or Putzier out.
With AJ, Moulds, Mathis and Bush. I pray defenses try to take someone away cause any of these guys can take it to the house at anytime. I can even bet if the NFL had a 4x100 team the Texans would easily run away with it.
MasterC25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #202
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Looks as if Kubiak is going for the Rod Smith/Ashley Lelie combo...worked pretty well for them last year:

Rod Smith: 1105 yards recieving
Ashley Lelie: 770 yards recieving

Now those kind of stats can really open up your running game. It would be nice not to see a saftey tackling the runningback within 3 seconds.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #203
2 CENTS
Rookie

Default MOULDS for a 4th are you Kidding Me

I'd take that in a HEART BEAT!!! If you ever watched him Play he is not just any 32 year old WR. He is still one of the BEST in the League. Buffalo had QB problems and Lee EVANS was great at the end of 2004. What Happened (J.P. Lossman). When Lossman did find a target it was (31 yo MOULDS) not (24 yo Evans) that should say something for Moulds. I know CARR has his own problems but Moulds can do nothing but help our inexperienced WR's especially by TEACHING them how to play the POSITION!!!
2 CENTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #204
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Actually Losman throwing primarily to Evans is what caused the Moulds meltdown. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Moulds refuse to go back in the game because he wasn't getting the ball at all during a game?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #205
HOOK'EM
Veteran

HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #206
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Actually Losman throwing primarily to Evans is what caused the Moulds meltdown. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Moulds refuse to go back in the game because he wasn't getting the ball at all during a game?
Losman heavily favored Evans and Holcomb favored Moulds. If Holcomb was in the whole year Moulds would have had a better year.
Old 03-27-2006   #207
2 CENTS
Rookie

Default Lossman Did Not

LOSSMAN may have favored EVANS but he COMPLETED more PASSES to MOULDS for more TD's. DUDE I know I played Fantasy Football last year and EVANS didn't do anything at the first of the SEASON. Everything was to MOULDS!!!! Evans wasn't even on the RAIDAR until the last 3 games of the SEASON when I think MOULDS was UNHAPPY and Suspended for a GAME. By that time I think Holcomb was Benched and LOSSMAN was back in so maybe YOU REMEMBER the LAST 3 or 4 GAMES but You don't REMEMBER the whole SEASON!!!!! SHOW me the STATS for BUFFALO's first 13 Games and i would be very Surprised if EVANS was ahead of MOULDS in any Categories except maybe attempts thrown to ( that is not the same as Catches and TD's)!!! I can run around and say hey throw me the ball but if it doesn't land in hands it's just a wasted play!!!!!
2 CENTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2006   #208
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 CENTS
LOSSMAN may have favored EVANS but he COMPLETED more PASSES to MOULDS for more TD's. DUDE I know I played Fantasy Football last year and EVANS didn't do anything at the first of the SEASON. Everything was to MOULDS!!!! Evans wasn't even on the RAIDAR until the last 3 games of the SEASON when I think MOULDS was UNHAPPY and Suspended for a GAME. By that time I think Holcomb was Benched and LOSSMAN was back in so maybe YOU REMEMBER the LAST 3 or 4 GAMES but You don't REMEMBER the whole SEASON!!!!! SHOW me the STATS for BUFFALO's first 13 Games and i would be very Surprised if EVANS was ahead of MOULDS in any Categories except maybe attempts thrown to ( that is not the same as Catches and TD's)!!! I can run around and say hey throw me the ball but if it doesn't land in hands it's just a wasted play!!!!!
Lee Evans had 7 touchdowns compared to Moulds 4. Evans only had one good game in the last 3. In 2 of those games he had 22 yards total. He had 1 touchdown in the last 3 games.
Old 03-28-2006   #209
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 CENTS
Are you emphasizing or is your ALL CAPS key broken? He was benched because he went off on Mularkey for not getting the ball.

Speaking of FF, I traded Evans and Julius Jones for DD and AJ. .
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #210
Trapped
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Looks as if Kubiak is going for the Rod Smith/Ashley Lelie combo...worked pretty well for them last year:

Rod Smith: 1105 yards recieving
Ashley Lelie: 770 yards recieving

Now those kind of stats can really open up your running game. It would be nice not to see a saftey tackling the runningback within 3 seconds.
Yes, we are going for that Young/Veteran combination. If we get Moulds for the right price, i would be very optimistic about us making the playoffs next season ala CHargers. From number 1 pick to Playoffs.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #211
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

According to a member of HPF, Mark Berman reported that the deal was done.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #212
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04
According to a member of HPF, Mark Berman reported that the deal was done.

Where did you hear this? Who is the memeber?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #213
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Where did you hear this? Who is the memeber?
TexanFan007 claimed that he/she saw it on the sports segment of FOX. Can anyone confirm? I don't know if its BS or not.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #214
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

this could be exciting
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #215
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04
TexanFan007 claimed that he/she saw it on the sports segment of FOX. Can anyone confirm? I don't know if its BS or not.

I think you might be mistaken. . .We don't have a TexanFan007 on this board, but we do have a texanfan2002114, and he reported:

"Mark Berman said on Fox 26 tonight, that Greg Johnson (agent) said the talks with the Texans are going smoothly and all they need to do is, and I quote "Dot the I's and cross the T's".

From the sounds of it, Moulds will be a Texan by the end of the week!!"

See post 205 of this thread

So we may be close, but nothing is done yet.

Last edited by Texans Pride; 03-28-2006 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-28-2006   #216
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

he's talking about houstonprofootball.com

but i couldnt find it at first glance

bummer
Old 03-28-2006   #217
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
I think you might be mistaken. . .We don't have a TexanFan007 on this board, but we do have a texanfan2002114, and he reported:

"Mark Berman said on Fox 26 tonight, that Greg Johnson (agent) said the talks with the Texans are going smoothly and all they need to do is, and I quote "Dot the I's and cross the T's".

From the sounds of it, Moulds will be a Texan by the end of the week!!"

See post 205 of this thread

So we may be close, but nothing is done yet.
there's a handle (texansfan007) on HFP that blurbed something about the moulds deal being done. didn't have much else to say, though.
Old 03-28-2006   #218
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

Berman would be the guy to break it before everyone else, so if he's faking atleast he's smart lol
Old 03-28-2006   #219
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Ok, found what you were talking about dtran04, looks like I was confused as to which board you were talking about; thanks dirty steve.

I did find this too from the Chronicle:

Meanwhile, the Texans remained interested in trading for Buffalo Bills receiver Eric Moulds but reported no progress in their attempt to work out a new contract. The Bills have given Moulds permission to negotiate with teams interested in trading for him.

A deal wasn't imminent Monday. Philadelphia and New England appear to be the Texans' primary competition for Moulds. The Bills are asking for a fourth-round pick in exchange for the 32-year-old receiver.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3752421.html

Go to bed guys.....Looks like there will be no news tonight.
Old 03-28-2006   #220
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

lastest from kffl

Quote:
Patriots | Team not moving fast enough for Moulds
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:33:01 -0800

Tom E. Curran, of the Providence Journal, reports Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds' advisor, Gerg Johnson, said the Philadelphia Eagles and the Houston Texans are moving faster than the New England Patriots to try to land Moulds. Johnson said, "It's not going to work out [with New England]. The timing's not right. The only way it would get done now is if it falls apart with these other teams, and I don't see that happening." He believes everything will be settled in the next 48 hours.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read