Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-26-2006   #1
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Rant on Texans and Texans fans

So far this offseason my outlook on the Texans has greatly improved. I mean I always thought they could improve, but seeing them making all the moves they made so far has really impressed me. Kubiak assembling his staff and bringin in Sherman, all the signings we've seen. I look at the Texans roster and I see a lot of potential being put in a situation to be tapped. In seasons past I would hope they improved and thought it could happen. Yeah, I can admit I had to lie to myself at times when the teams hopes really looked bleak. However now I expect them to be a good team and whereas before I wasn't really surprised or dissappointed when they didn't win, this season I will be. I think this is because of the effort I see the Texans putting forth. You know what I mean, when you see someone going through the motions it's like yeah ok whatever that's kind of how I saw the previous coaching staff. They would kind of try to fix the problems on the team, but if they couldn't they would kind of shrug their shoulders and hope everything would work out. This time it was like a fresh new start. They went and they got a new coach they were aggressive in the FA market. They didn't overspend (not like before when you were really left scratching your head about the contracts anyways) much and well basically it fills like they brought in the desire to win. I never really saw that with Caper's and his five yr. plan. What the hell is that all about anyways who wants to win in a few yrs. Yeah I think that was another big factor that turned me off the previous coaching staff.

Suffice to say I'm not going to critisize the coaching staff. (I don't have days to waste on venting.) What I will say is that I look at some ppl on here and they say something very reminiscent of the Capers staff and that is we will be in contention a few yrs. from now. We're in a rebuilding mode. I totally disagree I think that attitude needs to hit the door. What I like about Kubiak is his attitude to win and I'm not knocking on those of you who think we won't be contenders for a while, but I think and I'm sure Kubiak thinks the same thing we can aim for the playoffs this season. (sorry, I don't know if there's a limit to the length of a post so I'll continue this in a little bit.)
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #2
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

contd. I know some ppl may be thinking well we still don't have this player or this position needs an upgrade. However I believe that a team any team that has a collective desire to win is greater than the sum of its parts. I believe that if our players are hungry enough they will step up their game. I believe they will fight for those extra yds. I believe they will be inspired to stop the other team. Having a winning attitude is contagious and wherever that attitude is there is no place for complacency. There is no we'll get that first down next time, we'll beat them the next time we play them. There is only the desire to score to diminish the other teams confidence. Take Weaver for instance he looks like he wants to win. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but he looks like a guy that wants to get to the quarterback and make him remember his face. He looks like he wants to play in an aggressive defense one that attacks. That's something I can dig because that's what I would look for in a player. You hear all the great draft prospects talking about I think about scoring every time I touch the ball (Bush) I want to help whatever team I go too win and am ready to do whatever they ask of me (Young) I'm a student of the game and I want to win (Williams) the thing that really separates them from everybody else is their desire for success. I feel the same way. I want to see the team win now, not yrs. down the road. Yrs down the road I want to talk about how I want to see the winning continue. I'm even planning to get psl's and what not to make sure I'm there to see this. Something I was not likely to do in season's past. This is a great time to be a Texans fan. I expect us to be a much better team this yr. and I haven't said it yet in this post so here goes. GGGOOO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2006   #3
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Oh I forgot about these little guys.
Old 03-26-2006   #4
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
So far this offseason my outlook on the Texans has greatly improved. I mean I always thought they could improve, but seeing them making all the moves they made so far has really impressed me. Kubiak assembling his staff and bringin in Sherman, all the signings we've seen. I look at the Texans roster and I see a lot of potential being put in a situation to be tapped. In seasons past I would hope they improved and thought it could happen. Yeah, I can admit I had to lie to myself at times when the teams hopes really looked bleak. However now I expect them to be a good team and whereas before I wasn't really surprised or dissappointed when they didn't win, this season I will be. I think this is because of the effort I see the Texans putting forth. You know what I mean, when you see someone going through the motions it's like yeah ok whatever that's kind of how I saw the previous coaching staff. They would kind of try to fix the problems on the team, but if they couldn't they would kind of shrug their shoulders and hope everything would work out. This time it was like a fresh new start. They went and they got a new coach they were aggressive in the FA market. They didn't overspend (not like before when you were really left scratching your head about the contracts anyways) much and well basically it fills like they brought in the desire to win. I never really saw that with Caper's and his five yr. plan. What the hell is that all about anyways who wants to win in a few yrs. Yeah I think that was another big factor that turned me off the previous coaching staff.

Suffice to say I'm not going to critisize the coaching staff. (I don't have days to waste on venting.) What I will say is that I look at some ppl on here and they say something very reminiscent of the Capers staff and that is we will be in contention a few yrs. from now. We're in a rebuilding mode. I totally disagree I think that attitude needs to hit the door. What I like about Kubiak is his attitude to win and I'm not knocking on those of you who think we won't be contenders for a while, but I think and I'm sure Kubiak thinks the same thing we can aim for the playoffs this season. (sorry, I don't know if there's a limit to the length of a post so I'll continue this in a little bit.)
I disagree with just about everything you have said, especially when you think a 2-14 team with so many holes can aim for the playoffs next season. That is totally unrealistic and reminds me of the same folks on this board who predicted 10-6/11-5 for the team last year.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read