Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Brown or Earl at SS
C.C. Brown 26 30.59%
Glenn Earl 61 71.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2006   #1
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Default C.C Brown or Glenn Earl at SS?

Personally I would take C.C. Brown because he hits hard, got a bonus because he loves being around the ball, and he isnt a p*ssy

Like Glenn Earl, and we all know what Im talking about!

Last edited by DominickDavisFan76; 03-26-2006 at 01:35 PM.
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #2
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
Personally I would take C.C. Brown because he hits hard, got a bonus because he loves being around the ball, and he isnt a *****

Like Glenn Earl, and we all know what Im talking about!
Uhhh....., no, I don't know what you're talking about. Please elaborate.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #3
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

ummm. ok then, someone plz tell him how glenn earl got punched by a teammate and was out for how long?
Old 03-26-2006   #4
newbiefan
Rookie

Glenn Earl b/c he's got much better coverage skills. Agreed, CC hits harder, probably should be in for goaline situations. The only thing that made earl fall from the first couple rounds wuz the injury and he's healthy now.
newbiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #5
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

why not play Earl at FS and Brown at SS?
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like CC better. He seems to want to play more, from the games I've seen.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #7
Texans>Colts
Veteran

Charels Woodson!!!! He is willing to play FS and is on the FA list
Old 03-26-2006   #8
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

All I have to say is I dont see Glenn Earl earning a money bonus for (as a rookie)being around the ball on every play, kinda reminds me of Troy Polamalu, without as much speed, and without the hair
Old 03-26-2006   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans>Colts
Charels Woodson!!!! He is willing to play FS and is on the FA list
Please say your kidding. We have enough soft Ex-Raider DBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #10
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

from what i understood it was a sucker punch. so be careful with words, or asterisks.

and i choose earl over brown because CC bites too hard on fakes and is poor in coverage. at this point im confident in saying it is earl's job to lose.
Old 03-26-2006   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian
why not play Earl at FS and Brown at SS?
I'd like to see them both on the field at the same time. With Earl healthy now and Brown with all the PT he got last year, should be worth a shot.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 03-26-2006   #12
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

yes maybe Brown is a little slow, and he bites on fakes, but he was a rookie, who was taken in the 5th round, so I think he did pretty good for a 5th round rookie, but it aint something a little time cant fix.
Old 03-26-2006   #13
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

actually he was a 6th round pick, but the only reason he did see any PT was because of the injury to earl. he is agressive and that is good but sometimes he takes himself out of the play and that is something that might be too hard to fix.

coming out of college, earl was the 2nd rated safety behind s. taylor on alot of boards but he dropped due to his knee injury and he was also well known for his hard hits. cc brown would be a situational player and ST standout but i really couldnt see him getting past earl for the starting SS spot.
Old 03-26-2006   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take Earl. I don't think too many of us would fair too well against a sucker punch. No reason for you to be slandering the guy.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #15
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Last time I checked, Earl also struggled in coverage during his rookie campaign. Last year in limited time, he came through with 2 INTs and 3 PBUs. I say start Earl and CC, but bring in competition. We've had good sucess drafting late-round safeties, why stop now?
Old 03-26-2006   #16
Untamed Guerillaz
Rookie

im my opinion i think we should start both of them C.C. at FS and Glenn Earl at strong safety
Untamed Guerillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #17
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i havent watched that much NFL europe but whenever i do i see anthony floydd making big plays, but i havent really watched enough to see if he gives up big plays to. but what do yall think of this guy
hot pickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
i havent watched that much NFL europe but whenever i do i see anthony floydd making big plays, but i havent really watched enough to see if he gives up big plays to. but what do yall think of this guy
NFL europe syas it all. Maybe he'll be ready to compete in a year or two.

Quote:
Old 03-26-2006   #19
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
Is he a Texan?
Old 03-26-2006   #20
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

C'Mon guys give C.C. Brown some more votes, just 20 more to take the lead.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read