Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-26-2006   #1
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Default Mark Estelle?

Yo, Im watching the Centurions, playing the Admirals and I noticed that #23 Mark Estelle, CB out of Utah State, has not givin up a big play or even a play at all, for decent yardage. He even hit a TE and made him lose the ball, he tipped a deep pass away from the receiver, and he got behind the line of scrimmage on a blitz and sacked the QB.

I also saw that he has good Cover ability(Yes, I know its the NFL European League!)

But by chance Could we see this guy getting playin time next season?
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #2
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Is he a play that we allocated?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #3
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

ya, he is a texan, who was allocated to the Cologne Centurions
Old 03-26-2006   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll probably be a special teamer. You dont exactlly allocate one of your top CBs to NFLE. If he's out on the field playing CB, we're in a world of hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #5
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
He'll probably be a special teamer. You dont exactlly allocate one of your top CBs to NFLE. If he's out on the field playing CB, we're in a world of hurt.

Thats what I figured,but like the sayin goes,"You Never Know"
Old 03-26-2006   #6
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Yo, I got it, take Mark Estelle and move him to S

Because I saw him make some hits against TEs and RB, and has decent cover ability for a CB, so good coverage ability for a S,
but the only thing wrong with him to play S is he is kinda short at 5'10

I'm not sure if that matters, so I see him as being a Antwan Peek only better at his position.
Old 03-26-2006   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_tlmn
Shout play him I don't care if it is the Europe league hell if he's playin' that good there he deserves a chance to show what he's got for real.
Commas and English please.

Anyway, it's the first week (I think) of NFL Europe. Anyone who evaluates one player over just one game is stupid. Now if he's voted as NFL Europe's best defensive player or something like that, then we're talking.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

How about the TE Halterman? He was allocated by the Texans and he made some nice catches. I only watched the later part of the game, but Rich Eisen said: "And there's Halterman again, I was just talking about him"

I thought it to be funny that Drew Henson's best targets were wearing the Texans logo. That would be true in the NFL if he decided to play football, not baseball.

Last edited by mexican_texan; 03-26-2006 at 09:50 PM.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #9
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Ragone had a great season in NFLEL but still was only a third string QB behind Banks
Old 03-26-2006   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Commas and English please.

Anyway, it's the first week (I think) of NFL Europe. Anyone who evaluates one player over just one game is stupid. Now if he's voted as NFL Europe's best defensive player or something like that, then we're talking.
not sure.. people still rag on Ragone and he was OMVP and for some reason couldn't even play against the 49ers
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
not sure.. people still rag on Ragone and he was OMVP and for some reason couldn't even play against the 49ers
That may have been due to fatigue. He did not really have an offseason, he played all year. Plus, it was a job tryot for Banks. Tony Banks.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
The guy who was OMVP the year before Ragone does not have a job in the NFL.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
That may have been due to fatigue. He did not really have an offseason, he played all year. Plus, it was a job tryot for Banks. Tony Banks.
Fatigue from playing what 8 games in Europe and riding the pine all year long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read