Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-25-2006   #1
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Welcome to "The Slick"

'Lucas Oil Stadium' anyone?

http://www.ibj.com/topstories.asp?A=17944
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI, I sell Lucas products and everyone of them are excellent. The fuel injector cleaner, transmission treatment, and engine oil stabilizer are the top movers and rightfully so. They do work. Get them at your local NAPA store.
Old 03-25-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum
FYI, I sell Lucas products and everyone of them are excellent. The fuel injector cleaner, transmission treatment, and engine oil stabilizer are the top movers and rightfully so. They do work. Get them at your local NAPA store.
and I recommend this Lucas product. I actually thought it was that company getting a stadium name at first.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
and I recommend this Lucas product. I actually thought it was that company getting a stadium name at first.
What be that stuff MT? Looks like possibly some chili-lime seasoning of sorts. Some of the guys and gals at the store I manage have some that is pretty good on strawberrys or just about anything you put it on. Different taste, but I'm one that'll dunk a glazed donut in spicy hot salsa and eat it. Ummmmmm!
Old 03-26-2006   #5
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

that lemon salt is also more corrosive than battery acid. seriously. they did a report on it on a news station out of San Antonio a few months back. It was a bit eye opening at just how corrosive and detrimental to teeth that stuff is.

I saw the article on a Colts site awhile back on the Lucas Oil stadium. It will be a bit wierd actually, but their last stadium was the RCA dome, so corporate sponsored fields isn't something new for the Colts. I would think that a team called Texans could play pretty well on an OIL Field.

I've also heard very good things about Lucas automotive products in general. Maybe this won't be one of those, name a field and file bankruptcy cases.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
that lemon salt is also more corrosive than battery acid. seriously. they did a report on it on a news station out of San Antonio a few months back. It was a bit eye opening at just how corrosive and detrimental to teeth that stuff is.

I saw the article on a Colts site awhile back on the Lucas Oil stadium. It will be a bit wierd actually, but their last stadium was the RCA dome, so corporate sponsored fields isn't something new for the Colts. I would think that a team called Texans could play pretty well on an OIL Field.

I've also heard very good things about Lucas automotive products in general. Maybe this won't be one of those, name a field and file bankruptcy cases.
Coke isn't exactly liquid toothpaste.
Old 03-27-2006   #7
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

just for once I'd like to see a club go historic on the stadium name. Other then Soldier field and Lambeau what's left?....
Please_Evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2006   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve
just for once I'd like to see a club go historic on the stadium name. Other then Soldier field and Lambeau what's left?....

I can think of a few.

Superdome

Texas Stadium

Georgia Dome

Titans...isn't it called the Coliseum or something like that?

Arrowhead Stadium

Giants...don't they call it Giants Stadium..

Browns...I think it's called Paul Brown Field or Stadium.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #9
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Lucas makes my beer taste better!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew
beer taste better!
I thought that was an urban myth
Old 03-27-2006   #11
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I can think of a few.

Superdome

Texas Stadium

Georgia Dome

Arrowhead Stadium

Giants...don't they call it Giants Stadium..

Browns...I think it's called Paul Brown Field or Stadium.
The Bengals play in Paul Brown Stadium. The Browns play in Cleveland Browns Stadium.

And the Dolphins play in Dolphins Stadium.

The Cards played in Sun Devil Stadium.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Brother..am I lame. I thought the Dolphins played at the Orange Bowl.

I knew though there were plenty of stadiums with "regular" names and not corporate names.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #13
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew
Lucas makes my beer taste better!
& your blood pressure shoot up!

Any beer that needs that stuff is just p*ss in a bottle.... drink a true beer like Shiner!
I used to polute my liver with that stuff all the time... plus it a10 Corona's to 5 Shiner ratio.
Old 07-09-2008   #14
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Welcome to "The Slick"

I'm looking forward to playing in the new stadium. Maybe the Texans will beat the Colts in Indy for the first time.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Used to be Adelphia (as in communications co.) Coliseum, now it's called LP Field. (As in Louisiana-Pacific)
Old 07-09-2008   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Used to be Adelphia (as in communications co.) Coliseum, now it's called LP Field. (As in Louisiana-Pacific)
Losers Paradise is what I thought it meant
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
The Bengals play in Paul Brown Stadium. The Browns play in Cleveland Browns Stadium.

And the Dolphins play in Dolphins Stadium.

The Cards played in Sun Devil Stadium.
No they play in a ballpark named after an online college .. Phoenix something or other.
Old 07-09-2008   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post

I'm looking forward to playing in the new stadium. Maybe the Texans will beat the Colts in Indy for the first time.
Maybe it's just me, but the seating structure reminds me a little bit of Reliant.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Losers Paradise is what I thought it meant
I'll buy that!!
Old 07-09-2008   #20
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Maybe it's just me, but the seating structure reminds me a little bit of Reliant.

Not just you, I thought the same thing. I wonder what the roof policy will be?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read