Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: If Bush fails to run a sub 4.5 40-dash at his pro will it change his draft position?
Yes, Reggie needs that extra burst to be elite in the NFL. 29 47.54%
No, Reggie is game day fast and is a proven commodity. 32 52.46%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2006   #1
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover
Question If Bush fails to run a sub 4.5 40-dash will it change...

If Bush fails to run a sub 4.5 40-dash at his pro will it change his draft position?

Personally, I think that Reggie will run in the low 4.4's --but-- seeing as some were surprised by VY's and some others slower (or faster) times how do you think it will effect the decisions of those making the big call?

A speedier than expected sprint in the 40 from a prospect can certainly bump them up -- could a slower than expected run notch the Heisman Trophy winner out of the number one spot...
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I can safely say that Bush will not run a 4.5 + 40.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #3
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not like Bush is that athletic. I'm expecting something around the 4.8-4.9 range.
Old 03-24-2006   #4
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
It's not like Bush is that athletic. I'm expecting something around the 4.8-4.9 range.
your joking im sure?
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #5
bklatch
Rookie

I think he will surely run a 3.2 he is superman....
bklatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

depends...if the texas defense is on the track he wont MAKE it 40 yards

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #7
Dunta_23
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
depends...if the texas defense is on the track he wont MAKE it 40 yards
Exactly, at 32 yards, he'll jump and land 2-3 yards after the finish line
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-24-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no way that Bush cannot spend 4 billion in 4.5 seconds.
Old 03-24-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I said no, because we've already convinced ourselves he's a Texan......
Old 03-24-2006   #10
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

We already know what he can do on the field so no it wouldnt matter to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Reggie can walk 40 yards in 4.5 seconds
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #12
Nighthawk
All Pro

Oh, please--you guys are so transparent. If he's slower that 4.35 we got big trouble.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #13
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Oh, please--you guys are so transparent. If he's slower that 4.35 we got big trouble.
yeah i know--that 4.37 would really turn alot of teams off.
Old 03-24-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
We already know what he can do on the field so no it wouldnt matter to me.
we already know what he can do on a College field. Last year JJ Arrington had just as impressive YPC, and he was the super flop of the draft for the Cards. Same skillset. There are no sure things out there.

Old 03-24-2006   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

JJ averaged 7 ypc, Reggie averaged ~9 ypc

Big difference
Old 03-24-2006   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
JJ averaged 7 ypc, Reggie averaged ~9 ypc

Big difference
no it's not a big difference. They both have the exact same skillset and the exact same questions about their abilities to run inside. Bush had nearly 100 less carries and was on a team with the best offensive talent in decades. Arrington didn't have Lendale White, and several NFL prospects taking the attention away form him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/...AC10&year=2004
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/...AC10&year=2005

Old 03-24-2006   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

In answer to the original question, I think it would definitely change his status, even though it shouldn't. For instance, I made fun of Young some about the Wonderlic score(s) and it did hurt him a lot I think, but I don't think his IQ has anything at all to do with his ability to play QB. If it did, he would've sucked at the college level. All this pre-draft stuff seems over-hyped to me and looking back at what they did in college (and who they played with and against) SHOULD carry much more weight.

Looking at your choices, I can't answer. He will be an elite player (if he can stay healthy and run descent between the tackles some), but I think a slower than expected time would hurt his pre-draft status. We'll probably take him anyway though.

Which freaking side am I on anyway? :
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

I've seen both play many games and Reggie is much better. JJ isn't nearly as explosive as Reggie.
Old 03-24-2006   #19
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
we already know what he can do on a College field. Last year JJ Arrington had just as impressive YPC, and he was the super flop of the draft for the Cards. Same skillset. There are no sure things out there.
I didnt realy mean he was a sure thing. I meant more we know he is quick and has good speed whether it be timed speed or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #20
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
In answer to the original question, I think it would definitely change his status, even though it shouldn't. For instance, I made fun of Young some about the Wonderlic score(s) and it did hurt him a lot I think, but I don't think his IQ has anything at all to do with his ability to play QB. If it did, he would've sucked at the college level. All this pre-draft stuff seems over-hyped to me and looking back at what they did in college (and who they played with and against) SHOULD carry much more weight.

Looking at your choices, I can't answer. He will be an elite player (if he can stay healthy and run descent between the tackles some), but I think a slower than expected time would hurt his pre-draft status. We'll probably take him anyway though.

Which freaking side am I on anyway? :
Thanks, great post.

Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read