Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-24-2006   #1
dhaNim
Rookie

Default Sam Cowart agrees to terms with the Texans

According to the ESPNews ticker the Texans agreed to terms with free agent Linebacker Sam Cowart. it hasn't been reported anywhere else yet though.
dhaNim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Just saw it on ESPN as well, confirmed.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #3
Paragon Blue
Veteran

I like how we are mixing in some veteran leadership with our young players.
Old 03-24-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll confirm. I saw it too.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #5
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good!
Old 03-24-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

This has been a pretty impressive offseason so far.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #7
dagr8whitehope
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to dagr8whitehope
Default Awesome

That's great about the Cowart signing, but am I the only one that saw anything about Mike Flanagan signing in Houston? Thought I saw that on ESPNews. Let me know, later.
Old 03-24-2006   #8
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Not bad...
Old 03-24-2006   #9
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8whitehope
That's great about the Cowart signing, but am I the only one that saw anything about Mike Flanagan signing in Houston? Thought I saw that on ESPNews. Let me know, later.
Look one thread down.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #10
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Where does Wong fit in now with his contract?
Old 03-24-2006   #11
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Solid signing, IMO. It provides a veteran leader to the D at an important position, and solid depth if nothing else should we acquire a better MLB in the draft at some point. It'll be interesting to see who starts for us at each of the linebacker positions this season.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #12
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaNim
According to the ESPNews ticker the Texans agreed to terms with free agent Linebacker Sam Cowart. it hasn't been reported anywhere else yet though.
So they've added a DE and a MLB in free agency. Not bad for an offseason that's woefully neglecting the defense supposedly. They'll have the #33, 65, & 66 to perhaps use to that end too.
Old 03-24-2006   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
Solid signing, IMO. It provides a veteran leader to the D at an important position, and solid depth if nothing else should we acquire a better MLB in the draft at some point. It'll be interesting to see who starts for us at each of the linebacker positions this season.
This could be a very competitive training camp. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 03-24-2006   #14
Johnny Utah
All Pro

That's it! I'm sick and tired of Charlie Casserly. We have to deal with this crap every season, and it's always the same sad story. When are you going to get off your butt and sign some.... oh wait.... nevermind.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Yes! Yes! Yes! We're back on the map!
Old 03-24-2006   #16
Tejaspro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8whitehope
I saw the report of Mike Flanagan signing on the NFL Channel last night on Direct TV. This Channel is constantly on as one of their sports packages.
According to them, it is a done deal. Three years for around $ 9 million.
Tejaspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #17
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by el toro
So they've added a DE and a MLB in free agency. Not bad for an offseason that's woefully neglecting the defense supposedly. They'll have the #33, 65, & 66 to perhaps use to that end too.
This outta hush all the people that wanted a Center, Middle Linebacker, Defensive End, and a Tight End in free agency.

Gotta say it, although it hurts.....good job Casserly.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #18
el toro
All Pro

Um, guys, it's in the Chronic...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/3745068.html
Old 03-24-2006   #19
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I'll admit I'm not his biggest fan, but he will be a pretty solid for a few years or until we get an upgrade.
Old 03-24-2006   #20
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=116&p=9...3&rc=16&pid=65

They had him ranked as the #1 MLB available via free agency

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read