Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-23-2006   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default texans re-sign four

homepage tells us that they re-signed shantee orr, chamberlin, polk, and ramon walker
Old 03-23-2006   #2
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

was orr ILB or OLB lat year? didn't he take over for babin?
Old 03-23-2006   #3
BrianC
Rookie

I like Orr alot hes 1 of the few people on the Texans i thought was a legit NFL starter when he was in.
BrianC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #4
donbmt
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve
was orr ILB or OLB lat year? didn't he take over for babin?
Outside, yes, he took over for tattoo-boy
Old 03-23-2006   #5
bigtex77
Veteran

Orr impressed me because he never quit playing hard, honestly we all know that some of the guys shut it down last season, it was obvious. I don't know if he was playing for a starting spot, or if thats just his nature, but if it's the latter, we need a few more like him.
Old 03-23-2006   #6
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm real glad that we re-signed orr, i woulda cried if he would of left, hes a good LB
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 132729 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Will this be the year Walker stays healthy and get some serious playing time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2006   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Orr and Polk are great signings. Orr will be a starting OLB for us next season IMO. Polk I think could be a real competitor for the starting MLB spot..and could end up as our starter next season.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Phew, EXTREMELY happy we re-signed Shantee Orr. I knew after the Falcons game that this guy was going to be special one day.

Hopefully soon we'll see Peek signing.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I thought Polk showed promise......... but I don't know if I wanted to keep him.
Old 03-23-2006   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I thought Polk showed promise......... but I don't know if I wanted to keep him.
If we line up right now, he's our MLB. Now we may sign somebody else in FA
or draft a player to start, but he's atleast valuable depth for us.
And I'm happy we got Orr resigned. Just not sure where he's gonna be in the
4-3, OLB or DE ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #12
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

He will be a OLB I beleive...I love Orr. He really showed me alot last year. As for polk hes a beast on a good day and a wimp on a bad day. Hopefully he can find a median!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #13
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

How about this for our front seven

Babin Weaver Johnson Peek
Orr Greenwood Wong
Old 03-23-2006   #14
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont think so

babin/peek-johnson-smith-weaver
orr/wong/greenwood

thats if we keep wong at MLB
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #15
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
I like Orr alot hes 1 of the few people on the Texans i thought was a legit NFL starter when he was in.
not just last season, but in late 2003 as well. he has been a legitamite pass rusher whenever he sees action. i wouldnt mind having him as an outside LB in the 4-3 and kailee wong at MLB.

greenwood, wong, and orr....thats not TOO bad. it would probably suffice long enough for us to address more pressing needs, like the need for a 2nd cover corner. with flanagan signed, the only other real pressing for offense need would be drafting reggie bush and maybe a 2nd reciever. the front office has scored an A+ so far. we got a starting DE, possible starting FB in jameel cook, a starting recieving TE in jeb putzier, and a new center in mike flanagan. thats not too shabby.
Old 03-24-2006   #16
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881

Orr Greenwood Wong

I really like that right there...Accept for babin...we need a person to take that with him and compete
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #17
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881

Orr Greenwood Wong

There's no way Babin and Peek can both be starting DEs. Weaver was brought in to be the strongside DE. He might move inside in 3rd and long situations, but it will be Weaver-Johnson-Smith-?? in the front.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read