Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-23-2006   #1
grandslam1
Veteran

Default David Thomas?

your thoughts about drafting him from UT?
grandslam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #2
latim06800
Rookie

I actually like him but I would not use a pick above our 4th rounder. With that being said I actually believe he will be avaliable with our 4th round pick for sure and maybe even fall to our 5th round pick.
latim06800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #3
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

If think we have more pressing needs with our 1st day selections. If he is still on the board when we draft in the 4th, I could see us taking him there. Putzier, Bruener, and Joppru is a lot better trio than what we have had in the past.
Old 03-23-2006   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I like him alot. He catches everything, and looks like a hard worker. I bet he goes in the early 4th round.

I would use a 5th on the guy. But just because we have more needs. I see Indy as a candidate for him.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Love him, but do not see a need for him with our three TE's. If he were to fall to the second day, unlikely, you got to take him in my opinion.
Old 03-23-2006   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I like him but I don't see us taking him. With us signing Putizer, and have Bruener, Joppru (if he plays), Rivers, and the others, TE doesn't seem to be a major need for us now. (Now if Davis or another top TE slides, I could see us taking them).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #7
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

Take him with a 4th if he's available. Cut Rivers and pray Joppru doesn't rip, twist, or sprain something before he hits the field.
Old 03-23-2006   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Thomas is in the Putzier mold, so it wouldn't make sense for the Texans to select him. A combo TE like Fasano out of ND or Day from Oregon would be a better fit here.
Old 03-23-2006   #9
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like him, I thought that the fact he is a long snapper is in his favour as well. I don't know if us resigning Pittman, our LS, will impact our chances of drafting him?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #10
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Love him, but do not see a need for him with our three TE's. If he were to fall to the second day, unlikely, you got to take him in my opinion.
Hey Kaiser Toro....

Just saw your avatar. That was me last week - went snowboarding for a week in Keystone, Colorado! Nice pic!

Ok...my take - pass on Thomas. nice player but not a need. Would rather have Pope if filling a need.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read