Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-23-2006   #1
fisherflo
Rookie

Default Someone humor me please (Who will cover TO)

I was thinking about the upcoming season and as i was pondering I started to think.....when we go to play the cowgirls.....who is going to cover T.O.? What are the chances of our best defensive player (D-Rob)...doing it?
fisherflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #2
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Default early

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherflo
I was thinking about the upcoming season and as i was pondering I started to think.....when we go to play the cowgirls.....who is going to cover T.O.? What are the chances of our best defensive player (D-Rob)...doing it?

Unless it is early in the season, I predict he will be hurt by midseason or Parcells will kick is #SS for getting out of line.
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #3
Sportsfan
All Pro

I'm kind of looking forward to the possible butting of heads between him and Parcells. Parcells won't be affraid to slap that ******-eating grin right off his face.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #4
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan
I'm kind of looking forward to the possible butting of heads between him and Parcells. Parcells won't be affraid to slap that ******-eating grin right off his face.

I'll go along with that ...
Old 03-23-2006   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

For whatever reason, DRob has a history of covering the #2 receiver...
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
No, DRob has a history of covering one side of the field. The Texans, as did a majority of teams last season, assigned their CB's to a side of the field rather than based on a priority of WR's. Personally, I like the battle of the best CB against the best WR but lately NFL coaches have not.
Old 03-23-2006   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
T.O. is older & wizer now... Along with the tuna's way of handling players... I give him one season of towing the line on the team... next yr.. big problems..
Exactly. Just like in Philly, he will be a model citizen for the Cowpokes. Come 2007, he will turn back into Mr. Hyde.
Old 03-23-2006   #8
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
It's because we double man the #1 when in man coverage. Also the Defense V. Fangio ran was a left croner/right corner as far as the corners were concerned.

Regardless, it's time for D-Rob to cover the #1 in every game we play, with the exception of him blitzing. D'Angelo Hall covered T.O. in his match with the Eagles early last season. He practically shut him down. D-Rob is as good as Hall.
Old 03-23-2006   #9
Mycco
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Mycco

I'm not much of a T.O. fan like many others, but the truth is he'll torch our defense for at least 1 TD. Dunta will have his hands full w/ him, and in the end T.O.'s size and strength will be too much for him. Be prepared for his TD celebrations against the Texans to be replayed over and over on sportscenter.

You can wish all you want about him getting kicked off of the Cowboys, but the fact is, he got the money he wanted from Dallas, now he has something to prove to the rest of the league. Next year will be a different story, but as for this year expect him to put up the same kind of numbers he did his 1st year in Philly. It will be a long Sunday when the Cowboys and Texans meet this year, I hate to bring yall down, but that's just the way it is.
Mycco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
D'Angelo Hall covered T.O. in his match with the Eagles early last season. He practically shut him down. D-Rob is as good as Hall.
Let's hope whoever the Texans put on TO can shut down TO better than Hall--7 rec. 112 yds.
Old 03-23-2006   #11
Mycco
Rookie

Quote:
It's because we double man the #1 when in man coverage. Also the Defense V. Fangio ran was a left croner/right corner as far as the corners were concerned.

Regardless, it's time for D-Rob to cover the #1 in every game we play, with the exception of him blitzing. D'Angelo Hall covered T.O. in his match with the Eagles early last season. He practically shut him down. D-Rob is as good as Hall.

Don't get me wrong...I think D.Rob can hold his own, and I'm sure he'll win a couple of matchups against T.O. when they meet, but D'angelo Hall is also a bigger more physical corner than D.Rob, just something else to keep in mind.
Old 03-23-2006   #12
Trapped
Veteran

Quote:
Shut him down Hall did not do, T.O had like 7 receptions 100+ yards that game. But he didn't have a touchdown so, in a way, i guess it's shutting him down???
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Shutting him down, aka "I'll go sit in the corner cos I can't cover for sh1te" ?
Old 03-23-2006   #14
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherflo

P burnt will do it. :brickwall :brickwall
Old 03-23-2006   #15
Mycco
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1
P burnt will do it. :brickwall :brickwall

lol....in that case expect to see a bunch of T.O. TD celebrations on sportscenter.
Old 03-23-2006   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

We could resign Marcus Coleman and have him piggybag ride TO all day, that's bound to wear him down?
Old 03-23-2006   #17
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

While not exactly T.O., didn't Chad Johnson talk a bunch of smack and not get anything from the Texans when we played Cincy last season?

I hope they play later in the year so our guys have a chance to gel with the new way of doing business.
Old 03-23-2006   #18
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycco
lol....in that case expect to see a bunch of T.O. TD celebrations on sportscenter.
He might run out of celebrations. LOL
Old 03-23-2006   #19
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Let's hope whoever the Texans put on TO can shut down TO better than Hall--7 rec. 112 yds.
Kepping that guy out of the endzone and winning the game against the Defending NFC Champs early in the season (before we knew they would struggle that season) is about as good as it gets. He shut him down.

IMO if TO had 5 catches for 65 yrd and a TD and the Eagles won then we wouldn't think that Hall shut him down. But that day was special, NFL Films have a 30 min show on how Hall shut him down that day, rather a show on that game (Game of the Week) but it expoits that match-up throughout most of the show.
Old 03-23-2006   #20
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

two words: Double Coverage

TO will be seeing it all day.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read