Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-23-2006   #1
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Raiders Want Vince - Rumor

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Quote:
A league source tells us that the Oakland Raiders "were all over" quarterback Vince Young at his March 22 pro day workout in Austin, and that there's a strong belief in league circles the Raiders will select him with the seventh overall pick in the draft, if he's still available.
We're also told that the Raiders are worried that Young won't be available in the seven hole.
The Titans, with the third pick, could be the best bet to take Young. The Jets, at No. 4, are a more remote possibility. Other teams could try to strike a trade with one of the teams who pick before the Raiders in order to move up and get Young before the Raiders can gobble him up.
Old 03-23-2006   #2
uteric3232
Rookie

weird, I read somewhere else that one of the biggest surprise of the proday was that the Raiders were one of the only teams without a rep there.
uteric3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #3
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by uteric3232
weird, I read somewhere else that one of the biggest surprise of the proday was that the Raiders were one of the only teams without a rep there.
I think it was the Redskins.
Old 03-23-2006   #4
Kookus
Rookie

FYI: The Raiders just signed A. Brooks.
Old 03-23-2006   #5
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookus
FYI: The Raiders just signed A. Brooks.
FYI. 2 year contract.
Old 03-23-2006   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it's gonna happen, but what would we need from the Raiders to make that trade down?
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #7
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I don't think it's gonna happen, but what would we need from the Raiders to make that trade down?
Swap spots, Randy Moss, and either their 2nd rd'r or 3rd rd'r. Or just a swap of the spots and Moss.
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2006   #8
kingh99

The Raiders weren't there yesterday according to ESPN Radio. Probably means they'll take him. LOL.
Old 03-23-2006   #9
MONARCH
Rookie

Greetings all....

The Oakland Raiders organization simply do not deserve someone as MAGNIFICENT as the VY. PERIOD!

Why don't they simply stick to their own.......someone who just loves to walk around with a California area code upon his head......."espn's very own reggie bush".

For us REAL TEXANS are quite certain that he will indeed be lurking around somewhere..........he will look JUST DIVINE in a Raider's uniform, area code and all.......

VINCE YOUNG IS COMING HOME TO HOUSTON WHERE HE BELONGS! For it's high time to STOP THE SPINNING, AND START THE WINNING!
MONARCH
MONARCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #10
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONARCH
Greetings all....

The Oakland Raiders organization simply do not deserve someone as MAGNIFICENT as the VY. PERIOD!

Why don't they simply stick to their own.......someone who just loves to walk around with a California area code upon his head......."espn's very own reggie bush".

For us REAL TEXANS are quite certain that he will indeed be lurking around somewhere..........he will look JUST DIVINE in a Raider's uniform, area code and all.......

VINCE YOUNG IS COMING HOME TO HOUSTON WHERE HE BELONGS! For it's high time to STOP THE SPINNING, AND START THE WINNING!
MONARCH
dude you make reading Vince-loving posts bearable .... I'm a MONARCH fan
Old 03-23-2006   #11
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
I say we draft Monarch w/the #1 pick
Old 03-23-2006   #12
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
I say we draft Monarch w/the #1 pick

Now you on the other hand ...... kidding kidding
Old 03-23-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Life expectancy of our Monarch?

http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/info/faqs/...h/lifespan.htm

Adult Life Span: If you are thinking only in terms of the winged adult stage, the answer is simpler. Marking studies suggest that adults of many (and perhaps most) species live only a week or two, and that the male tends to live a few days less than the female. However, in some species, the adult life span of some generations may be much longer. For example, in some species, adults that emerge in late summer or early fall hibernate overwinter in a sheltered spot. Also fall-hatched monarch butterflies migrate south in fall and northward in spring. Adults of these species may survive for 8-9 months or longer.

Total Life Span: Total life span includes time spent in the larval and pupal stages, as well as the adult stage. Butterflies of North America and Moths of North America list the number of annual "flights" for many species. A "flight" is a generation of adults. Thus, if a species has "two flights from May through September" it means that one generation will emerge from the pupal stage in spring and a second in summer. Actual months of emergence depend on latitude. Life spans of these two generations will be very different depending upon the species’ strategy for getting through the winter.

Oh beautiful and bountiful Monarch, god speed to you.

EDITING to inlcude a . I do not want people to think that I hate Monarchs nor our member under the same name. In fact I just built a butterfly alley on the side of my yard.
Old 03-23-2006   #14
PokerStar
Veteran

Wow Kaiser that was maybe the most thought out and well orchestrated way to say on your way to hell I have ever read. Kudos to you.
Old 03-23-2006   #15
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Would one think that the Raiders gave A. Brooks a two year deal so he can tutor VY. A QB who is a vet and has the running tendency and is from the south. VY could learn alot from Brooks, not how to play (maybe a little) but more or less how to be a pro. The offense would not need to be changed too much when/if VY takes over and since it's only a 2 year deal (most players never see the last year of a contract), VY could be the projected starter in '07.

I'd much rather see him here but my other choice is Tenn but with Leinert possibly still on the board they may take him so my next choice would be the Cards.
A. Close to home.
B. Running game (Edge).
C. Stud receivers (Bolden, Fitzgerald, and Bryant).
D. New stadium.
E. Denny Green, who has plenty of exp with that type of QB (Cunningham and Culpepper).
F. K. Warner would be the best at teaching him how to read Defensive coverages.
G. The possibility to start sooner rather than later.
They just need to work on the line and get better production out of their D. This would probably require a trade up to 4, 5, or 6.

Sorry for going off topic.
Old 03-23-2006   #16
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Now you on the other hand ...... kidding kidding
Am I a 2nd day guy or an undrafted FA.
Old 03-23-2006   #17
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Am I a 2nd day guy or an undrafted FA.

I'm still doing my evaluations ..... don't call me, I'll call you
Old 03-23-2006   #18
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm still doing my evaluations ..... don't call me, I'll call you
I'll run the 40 and re-take my Wonderlich if it helps.
Old 03-23-2006   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno....going all the way back to "The Mad Bomber" (Daryl Lamonica ), the
Raiders have always liked the vertical game, the long bomb. And the same guy, ole Al Davis, is still running the show out there. That's really not VYs game is it ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I dunno....going all the way back to "The Mad Bomber" (Daryl Lamonica ), the
Raiders have always liked the vertical game, the long bomb. And the same guy, ole Al Davis, is still running the show out there. That's really not VYs game is it ?
He has a big and consistent arm in my opinion. In looking at yards per completion for 2005 it broke down like this:

VY 14.3
Cutler 11.2
Leinart 8.85

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read