Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2006   #1
Brian Witt
Rookie

Default Anyone have a Bennie Joppru update?

I'm wondering how Bennie Joppru's rehab is going, anyone know if he will be healthy for training camp? Also, anyone know when his contract expires? If he could play like he did at Michigan years ago then we could have a platoon situation at TE with Putzier and Joppru keeping them both more energetic than if they had to play the whole game. Believe it or not, Joppru actually did play several games at the University of Michigan without getting injured. It would be nice if his string of bad luck is over and his time off and injuries have not adversly affected his talent level.

Anyway, just hoping someone here might have some up to date info on his rehabilitation. If so, please let me know.
Brian Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

All I've heard about him is that he is working out with Carr and other receivers during the morning in the bubble
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #3
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Hes standing up? Hurray!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Last I heard he had bulked up and looked great. He had started to run towards the end of last season.
Old 03-22-2006   #5
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
Last I heard he had bulked up and looked great. He had started to run towards the end of last season.
Great, he is almost a bi-ped again. leaving the Cro-magnon stage of the evolutionary cycle. I loved someone's comment earlier about 'Can you imagine what happens on the MBoards if he stays healthy this year and he sucks?'

If it looks like a duck...
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

He is healthy and ready to go. If he stays healthy and hasn't lost skills, we might have two good dual threat tight ends. That would be great in itself, and I bet he'll be pretty fired up when he gets in there after all this time.
Old 03-22-2006   #7
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm personally rooting for the guy. After all he's gone through he deserves to make it this year.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2006   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Should we start a BJ goes out on this date betting pool? Actually, for some reason, I have a feeling he makes it through the season. Heard he is ripped and looking good. Just hope he can stay off the trainers table.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #9
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Come on Bennie i know you can do it.......
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

How was Joppru's blocking? I know everyone is excited about Putzier, but he is not a very good blocker. If Joppru is fully healthy, its gonna be fun times for Carr, going from no receiving TE's to 2!
Old 03-22-2006   #11
outofhnd
All Pro

I still stand by my estimation that I could see Bigfoot, Before I see Bennie Joppru on sundays. Its just the luck of this franchise, Last year we had the chance at Alex Smith but we passed with the hopes of Joppru finally getting out there only to tear his ACL while running a route. and ripped isnt neccasarily a good thing, especially if your tendons are weak. I just have a feeling if he survived preseason, that hed be struck by lightening during the coin toss on opening day. I hope I am wrong and the guy is just a monster.
Old 03-22-2006   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate to burst anyone's bubble but I have played more football in the last four years than he has. What is he, 25-26? Hasen't been hit since college much less the NFL.

If he is lucky he sees the field 20-30 times, thats if he stays healthy, and then goes to NFL europe for the summer.

Not trying to be negative. I have been waiting for four years like the rest of you. I just don't see how he is even going be a roll player over the next few years, much much less a major player.

But hey I have been wrong before, I thought we would go 12-4 last year.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #13
big homey
Veteran

I bet Bennie was just waiting for Capers & Co. to get thrown out of town before he all of a sudden gets healthy...
Old 03-22-2006   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by big homey
I bet Bennie was just waiting for Capers & Co. to get thrown out of town before he all of a sudden gets healthy...
He had the #1 TE spot locked up in the pre-season. You know the rest.

The main page had a story on him and how he dealt with being injured his first three years in the league. He said his only joy came from catching passes from Ragone. Eventually, Ragone stopped responding to Joppru and the coaches were the only ones throwing him passes. It was so sad...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #15
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Joppru is gonna come into this season healthy and ready to go, Carr will throw him that first pass to get him into the rhythm, and he will explode (physically, like "bam").

At least I think.
Old 03-22-2006   #16
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
How was Joppru's blocking? I know everyone is excited about Putzier, but he is not a very good blocker. If Joppru is fully healthy, its gonna be fun times for Carr, going from no receiving TE's to 2!
He is suppose to be an excellent blocker and that's why they wanted him so bad. He has excellent hands and good blocking skills. He is the complete package if healthy.......
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #17
outofhnd
All Pro

Considering his status the last three years, thats a pretty big IF.
Old 03-23-2006   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard he has bulked up for Spring Break and looking forward to Spring Fling.

C'mon BJ, we need to see you on the field as much as you want to be on the field.
Old 03-23-2006   #19
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember some article I read that said that Capers and co had horrible overdone training techniques and schedules which led to game fatigue (hence end of game team collapses) and player injuries. I think that what might of led to the Joppru injuries in practice. I think he will make it this season...
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #20
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon Bennie!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!

swisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read