Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-22-2006   #1
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brooks to Oakland

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_3628882

What this does for a future QB for them in the draft is up in the air
Old 03-22-2006   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_3628882

What this does for a future QB for them in the draft is up in the air
Man either Cutler or Vince are going to slip alot now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I don't think the Raiders view Aaron Brooks as a long-term solution and I think they definitely could still take a QB in the 1st round and have them sit behind Brooks for a year. I think it could increase the chances of them taking Jay Cutler if both he and Vince Young are available at #7, as they have Aaron Brooks as their more mobile QB and then get Cutler to compete for the starting spot and give them a different type of QB.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

You never know with the Raiders, but I can't see Brooks being the QB of the future for them.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

they're stacked pretty deep at QB now....... You never know with the raiders, but I think they'll pass on QB
Old 03-22-2006   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Books's deal is only for two years. Sounds like about the right amount of time to bring in a young QB, set him for a year or so, then have a veteran QB that you can kick to the curb easily if needed. I still look for them to grab a young QB. I hope/expect that it won't be VY. TOTALLY wrong club for him. Bad coaching and a deep ball offense with some STRONG personalities. The right one IMO, would be the Cards. A GOOD vet QB that has a history of working well with young QBs and a coach who probably would be willing to adapt his offense to make use of VYs running abilities.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Books's deal is only for two years. Sounds like about the right amount of time to bring in a young QB, set him for a year or so, then have a veteran QB that you can kick to the curb easily if needed. I still look for them to grab a young QB. I hope/expect that it won't be VY. TOTALLY wrong club for him. Bad coaching and a deep ball offense with some STRONG personalities. The right one IMO, would be the Cards. A GOOD vet QB that has a history of working well with young QBs and a coach who probably would be willing to adapt his offense to make use of VYs running abilities.
I agree with you that the Cardinals would probably be the best fit for Vince and I do have him going to the Cards in the last mock I did and it will remain that way when I write up my second version of my mock.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2006   #8
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I agree with you that the Cardinals would probably be the best fit for Vince and I do have him going to the Cards in the last mock I did and it will remain that way when I write up my second version of my mock.

Wow, Vince throwing to Boldin and Fitz with Edge running behind him -- that would be a recipe for major success.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raiders have a young QB, Andrew Walter from ASU, that they really like. A Raider fan told me the Raiders would pass on Matt Leinart because Walter has a strong arm that could work wonderfully with big 18.

So, Vince in the sixth round? j/k the most he'll fall is to the Chiefs.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I don't know..... I mean we do have a QB guru right here in Houston..... And we have a veteran starter for the next three years.
Old 03-23-2006   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron Brooks will not make them shy away from taking a rd 1 QB. Andrew Walter might make them think twice.

Im almost certain those 3 QB's will be gobbled up before the cards at #?
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #12
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I'm not sure conventional wisdom can predict in any way, shape, or form what Al Davis will do in any situation, much less the draft ...
Old 03-23-2006   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
I'm not sure conventional wisdom can predict in any way, shape, or form what Al Davis will do in any situation, much less the draft ...
haha nice. I guess we can lump Millen in with Al. Both of those guys are wild guns on draft day.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Brooks will start until Young or Cutler is ready to go.
Old 03-23-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Brooks will start until Young or Cutler is ready to go.
So would they play WHEN he's benched? Aaron Brooks under the right system will play well. In other words: He won't mess up AS much in a dumbed down offense. I'm not saying he's dumb, but he tends to make bad decisions.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #16
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
So would they play WHEN he's benched? Aaron Brooks under the right system will play well. In other words: He won't mess up AS much in a dumbed down offense. I'm not saying he's dumb, but he tends to make bad decisions.
Tuiasasasdflasjdf;lajsdf;lasdfl;aj is as good as gone. They let go of their starting QB so it is in their best interest to bring in as many QB's to evaluate. I still say they draft a QB at #1 unless some other dealings come along. It will get heated up come draft day, trust me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read