Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-22-2006   #1
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim
Default Troy Brown jumpin' ship also ...

Patriots | T. Brown the next to leave?
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:26:54 -0800

Tom E. Curran, of the Providence Journal reports sources close to free agent WR Troy Brown (Patriots) say he may be close to signing elsewhere in the next few days.

What were his #s as compared to DGivens & would he be our #2 fix?
Old 03-22-2006   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to add a WR that adds depth to our secondary, but I dont think he is a barn burner #2 WR. He would add veteren(sp) leadership and about 35-45 catches a year. But I think he would be a good pickup.
Old 03-22-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
I would like to add a WR that adds depth to our secondary, but I dont think he is a barn burner #2 WR. He would add veteren(sp) leadership and about 35-45 catches a year. But I think he would be a good pickup.
First of all, you should change your sig.

Troy Brown is a utility player in a way the NFL hasn't seen in a while. In an emergency situation, he could play CB. If he was signed by us, he could probably be an OL.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #4
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
First of all, you should change your sig.

Troy Brown is a utility player in a way the NFL hasn't seen in a while. In an emergency situation, he could play CB. If he was signed by us, he could probably be an OL.
That sig is money. Chuck Norris has counted to infinity, twice.

Anyone know the contract he had last year?
Old 03-22-2006   #5
Buzz
Veteran

He's 34 I think, but I bet he could still play and contribute for years. He seems to be the kind of player who has kept himself in good shape just like Jerry Rice did, so he can stay in the NFL as long as possible. I heard the Jets are trying to get him, but the Texans probably never even talked to him because he's obviously lost a step and is going to be more of a possession guy.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #6
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I swear he didn't sign some where else last year because his wife and family didn't want to move, or something like that.
Old 03-24-2006   #7
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Patriots | Team agrees to terms with T. Brown
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:12:54 -0800

Tom E. Curran, of the Providence Journal, reports sources said the New England Patriots have agreed to terms with one of their own free agents, WR Troy Brown (Patriots), on an undisclosed contract.

There goes another possible Pats receiver.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read