Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-22-2006   #1
battlered

Default SuperMario > ReggieBush

We should draft Mario Williams w/ the 1st pick, and trade peek and, or babin for later/future picks.

I'm really stating to like Super Mario over RBush everyday.

I mean we already have DD, Wells, and Morency(which should be the spell back). 2 fullbacks, we're deep at TE and so we can draft OL, SS/FS, CB, WR in order of need after we take MarioWilliams,

a guy like bush comes around 1 in every 10 yrs.
Mario williams comes round in 1 in every 20 yrs. and we'll have the craziest front 4 and our DLine rotation will be crazy too.

eventhough i have money that DD will get injured again this season, i think w/ Kubes scheme Morency/Wells will be able to take over and thrive in it.

I just don't want either Bush or VYoung, Vernon Davis in our Division
Old 03-22-2006   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlered
We should draft Mario Williams w/ the 1st pick, and trade peek and, or babin for later/future picks.

I'm really stating to like Super Mario over RBush everyday.

I mean we already have DD, Wells, and Morency(which should be the spell back). 2 fullbacks, we're deep at TE and so we can draft OL, SS/FS, CB, WR in order of need after we take MarioWilliams,

a guy like bush comes around 1 in every 10 yrs.
Mario williams comes round in 1 in every 20 yrs. and we'll have the craziest front 4 and our DLine rotation will be crazy too.

eventhough i have money that DD will get injured again this season, i think w/ Kubes scheme Morency/Wells will be able to take over and thrive in it.

I just don't want either Bush or VYoung, Vernon Davis in our Division

Actually I like Mario but players like him come out every 4 to 5 years we had a chance to get one of those talented DE but i will refuse to mention who it is just so i wont get get slammed for bashing D.Carr
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

peppers came out in 02, thats not 20 years.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #4
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Ok people the 10 and 20 year thing was an exaggeration, because fast backs that can catch come out often also, hell we had Caddy come out last year, and Portis came out the same year as Carr and Peppers, not to mention Westbrook a year later. Either way Mario is a good pick and the guy is a stud, but I have to say Bush is also. You read my post and know I never have been pro Bush or Young, more trade down for Mario or extra picks to land Winston. Now that Mario has shown his talents people are getting on the bandwagon. Well welcome his 6-7 295lb shoulders can support us all. Wells is not with the team and might not be brought back. If we dont take Bush look for a 4-6th round acquisition of a guy like Gerald Riggs Jr. big tough back that will play similar to Wells but run harder.
Old 03-22-2006   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

3 months ago, the idea of getting Reggie made this board giddy. Now that we can select him, he is not as good as a DE from NC state, whos not as good as Peppers.

If you take anyone over Bush, it has to be Young. This franchise needs a boom player in the worst way. And Williams is not a boom player.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #6
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Maybe you dont understand, take Peppers athleticsm and make it slightly better and put it in a 6-7 295lb body. Also, why the Hell would we take young we need a boom player a double digit sack guy is a boom player, a guy that makes offenses adjust their whole gameplan is a boom player. What are you talking about. Come on I understand the Bush aspect and yeah he is not a bad pick either, but when you look at overall ceiling Mario may have the highest of all the top 5 guys.
Old 03-22-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

The fact that we speculate so much on this board on who we should select with the #1 overall pick shows that beggars can indeed be choosers.
Old 03-22-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL DRAFT
3 months ago, the idea of getting Reggie made this board giddy. Now that we can select him, he is not as good as a DE from NC state, whos not as good as Peppers.

If you take anyone over Bush, it has to be Young. This franchise needs a boom player in the worst way. And Williams is not a boom player.
I am speechless due to this post.
Old 03-22-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I am speechless due to this post.
I guess I don't know what "boom player" means.
Old 03-22-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I guess I don't know what "boom player" means.
I did not understand any of it.
Old 03-22-2006   #11
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Highly rated defensive ends are never ever ever draft busts.

Sincerely,

Andre Wadsworth
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan
Highly rated defensive ends are never ever ever draft busts.

Sincerely,

Andre Wadsworth
Hell's Bells son. So you are dropping Bidwell's folly on us in this debate? Well done.
Old 03-22-2006   #13
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Wow an Andre Wadsworth reference. Anyone old enough to remember this pick knows it was met with such absolute scrutiny and chuckle throughout the league that coaches knew Bidwell screwed up. Wadsworth had alot of talent but he was picked higher than most thought. I would bring up number 1 overall Courney Brown maybe, that is a better bust type prospect, eventhough he did just get a long term deal from that genius up in Colorado that just suckered the Falcons out of the 15 pick. He moved up 14 spots in the first round for a low 3rd and a 4th, once again can we get him to quit coaching and come be our GM.
Old 03-22-2006   #14
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anybody know what Mario Williams stats look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #15
el toro
All Pro

Given that the coaching staff has some experience putting together a nice offense, I think you go with the 'once in a generation' RB instead of the 'once in a generation' DE.
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by el toro
Given that the coaching staff has some experience putting together a nice offense, I think you go with the 'once in a generation' RB instead of the 'once in a generation' DE.
Since they have experience putting together a nice offense, the two top paid players are on the offense, we have signed out starting TE and continue to peruse for new OL then it would make sense that we would go for the next once in a generation DE seeing how we passed on the last one in 2002. Besides there is a another once in a generation back somewhere in the later rounds, we are just not aware of it at the moment.
Old 03-22-2006   #17
el toro
All Pro

Play to your strength. Not everything has to be perfected this offseason.
Old 03-22-2006   #18
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

First we pass on Peppers, now we are passing on Super Mario. If we don't have a pass-rush this year, we know who to blame.
Old 03-22-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by el toro
Play to your strength. Not everything has to be perfected this offseason.
That is fine. I prefer we spend where needs abound, since we have already spent money on our perceived strengths.
Old 03-22-2006   #20
el toro
All Pro

They've spent some money. Bush would take the offense from being average to something else. If Capers was still in charge I wouldn't be so confident about the coaching staff's ability to maximize Bush's value and might go with the 'trade down' camp.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read