Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Moulds granted trade permission, will cost $7.1 million

What do you guys think about this potential deal? Moulds is a proven NFL commodity and an amazing receiver, but at $7.1 million a year, I think we have more important shoes to fill. Not to mention we supposedly have to give up a pick for him (I could see them taking a 5th or lower)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2378904
Old 03-21-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I don't want a guy who is going to complain when he isn't getting the ball like he did this year.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #3
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

He will get the ball because everytime they DBL AJ...which they will he gets it..or JP...I think he would be a good addition...What kinda of cap hit would 7.1 mill be exactly?
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #4
outofhnd
All Pro

A big one but the upside to that is Moulds would consider coming to a team that appears to have a steady direction, He wants a QB that he can have chemistry with because they have had a revolving door in Buffalo.
It would literally be impossible to double one of our receivers with that tandem on the field.

What would we have to trade to compensate Buffalo? His salary would be 7 mil but we dont have anything we can give them in return. If they didnt have McGahee Id offer them DD, and Wade.
Old 03-21-2006   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

A 5th Rd Pick...and Armstrong!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a nice talent, but probably too rich for the Texan's to take. He would be a good #2 with AJ, though.
Old 03-21-2006   #7
Sco-tai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
A 5th Rd Pick...and Armstrong!

I wish it'd be that cheap.

Personally, I like Armstrong's reliable hands and his CFL numbers. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to translate well enough with Capers and company to get more playing time. We shall see if GK can change all that.

But yeah...AJ on the left, JP at TE, Bush in the right slot and Mould on the far right.

Haha...I can see the DB's shaking already. hahha (dare to dream, I suppose).

Wait...that's right. Carr needs more than 1 1/2 steps to get the ball out.

:brickwall

O-Line should be better. Right?!
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2006   #8
outofhnd
All Pro

With that tandem I dont think there would be a No 1 or 2 it would just be whoever was open got the ball. of course they need to get open in a hurry if our protection still doesnt improve.
Old 03-21-2006   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Moulds right now on the Billls is a $10million cap hit. If he's traded, about 3 million of that is bonuses, so his base salary of $7 would be paid by us. In that case, all $7 would be against the cap. He might consider restructuring, but who knows. I don't think anyone will pay him $7, but $5 would be a number I'd be willing to work with.
Old 03-22-2006   #10
el toro
All Pro

What would've been the cap hit for the deal they offered Givens?
el toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Givens wanted a 5 year, $25 million deal if I'm not mistaken. About 6-8 of that would have been bonus, therefore his cap hit would have been somewhere between $3 and $4 million
Old 03-22-2006   #12
el toro
All Pro

I see. So how much cap space is left?
Old 03-22-2006   #13
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Givens wanted a 5 year, $25 million deal if I'm not mistaken. About 6-8 of that would have been bonus, therefore his cap hit would have been somewhere between $3 and $4 million
If the Texans did take him, I believe he would restructure. How old is Moulds?
Old 03-22-2006   #14
Battle-Red
Rookie

What about Javon Walker? He's in the same situation as Moulds except he's younger and has a smaller contract. And has better numbers than Burleson. But he is looking to get paid not to mention what the Packers are looking for in compensation. He insists that he will not play for them in 2006.

-carrer #'s-------g gs no yards avg lg td 20+ 40+
6-3 215lbs. 4yrs 48 18 157 2444 15.6 79 22 37 11

Last edited by Battle-Red; 03-22-2006 at 07:19 AM.
Battle-Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106584 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

No point in trading for Moulds and absorbing any cap hit. The guy will get cut soon. They asked to to restructure, he said no. He asked for a trade, they said go find one. He'll be cut soon enough and could be signed for a reasonable rate. Not worth $7.1M, he is not that player anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Yeah, this is Jamie Sharper all over again. He wanted more than we would give him, we tried to shop him, no takers, so June 1st=cut. I'm guessing it will be the same with Moulds
Old 03-22-2006   #17
Kookus
Rookie

Too expensive, too old, and over rated, let him go to Big D and team up with TO and Bledsoe, they deserve him.
Old 03-22-2006   #18
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

if we have to trade to get him here's what i would do...get them to restructure his deal to be cap friendly this year as we do the same for todd wade then trade wade to buffulo along with our 5th round pick for moulds
Old 03-22-2006   #19
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

He is the only WR avaliable that can immediately stop AJ from getting double and triple teamed. I say make the trade in a heartbeat. Burleson would be the only other option, but he wouldnt have the impact that moulds would.

Im not big on using the draft to find our #2 WR. Drafting WRs is such a crapshoot, as it usually takes them a few years to develop.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #20
el toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVanderpool
He is the only WR avaliable that can immediately stop AJ from getting double and triple teamed. I say make the trade in a heartbeat. Burleson would be the only other option, but he wouldnt have the impact that moulds would.

Im not big on using the draft to find our #2 WR. Drafting WRs is such a crapshoot, as it usually takes them a few years to develop.
They'll have AJ, Walter, Putzier and the ability to line up Bush in the slot. That's 4 receivers going downfield. Davis in the backfield would help to keep the D honest.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read