Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-21-2006   #1
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What happened to Jimmy Williams??

Has anyone heard about V-Tech's proday today? I have read rumors that Jimmy Williams did very poorly, and is now a lock to play FS and not CB.
Old 03-21-2006   #2
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I haven't seen anything posted about Virginia Tech's pro day on NFL.com so I don't know what to tell you. I figured he'd most likely play FS anyways with his size and less-than-stellar speed.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I haven't seen anything posted about Virginia Tech's pro day on NFL.com so I don't know what to tell you. I figured he'd most likely play FS anyways with his size and less-than-stellar speed.
I can't find much of anything on it tonight. I went to some other MB's and found the mods had all blocked some copyrighted info. about him.

I'll just wait it out and check on it tommorow.
Old 03-21-2006   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
I can't find much of anything on it tonight. I went to some other MB's and found the mods had all blocked some copyrighted info. about him.

I'll just wait it out and check on it tommorow.
When was their pro day anyways?
Old 03-22-2006   #5
WILLIEG
Veteran

Ferguson was impressive with 26 repetitions on the bench press and a 40-yard dash timed at 5.09.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #6
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

wow dont really care what his 40 was what was his 10. I know Winston's 10 and broad and vertical things that matter for a lineman let me know those. Wow Fergy got 26 reps that is about what I figured.
Old 03-22-2006   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIEG
Ferguson was impressive with 26 repetitions on the bench press and a 40-yard dash timed at 5.09.
He put up a solid performance, but it was nothing to write home about. There were 6-7 OLinemen at the combine that ran a faster 40 (again 40 times aren't overly important for OLinemen, short shuttle is much more important and their 3 cone and 10 yard split time is more indicative of their lateral quickness and explosiveness). The 26 bench reps was a couple more than I expected him to get and was also solid, but still nothing spectacular. Like I said, he put up a solid performance and remains the #1 LT prospect, but he didn't blow anyone away or distance himself from the other top 5-6 OLinemen with his performance today.
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2006   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
Has anyone heard about V-Tech's proday today? I have read rumors that Jimmy Williams did very poorly, and is now a lock to play FS and not CB.
There was alot of talk about him playing FS anyways before his pro day, and apparently Williams pretty much refused to play FS when asked by some teams at the Combine. I'm pretty sure he said something about being a CB, and not being a FS.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read