Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-21-2006   #1
Mightymike
Veteran

Default Falcons, Broncos, Jets finish deal for Abraham

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2378875

Atlanta sent its first-round choice, the 15th pick overall in this year's draft, to Denver for the Broncos' first-round choice, No. 29 overall. The Falcons also picked up a pair of middle-round selections, one each in the 2006 and 2007 drafts.

The Falcons then shipped the 29th pick acquired from Denver to the Jets in exchange for Abraham, a three-time Pro Bowl pass rusher who was also being sought by the Seattle Seahawks.
Mightymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

That gives the Jets two first round picks The 4th and 29th ovrl. Looks like they are making moves for a trade up to the #2 spot for Lienart, possibly.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I thought the Broncos were looking for an early pick next year, not this year...
Old 03-21-2006   #4
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I thought the Broncos were looking for an early pick next year, not this year...
maybe they are looking to trade again........who knows
Old 03-21-2006   #5
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Falcons win the Abraham sweepstakes

Well, Denver's 2 picks are a little more enticing if a team wants to trade down. The Jets now have 2 1st round picks as well.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #6
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Broncos got #15 and #22 now

I thought they wanted to move out of two 1st rounders? This makes them a major player now.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #7
Mightymike
Veteran

too late i already posted it
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2006   #8
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

now i feel like peter gammons.
Old 03-21-2006   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Perhaps they would be interested in trading up to acquire Reggie

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #10
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

I would want something higher in this draft besides a 15 and 22. The Jets at 4 and 29 get a little more interesting however
Old 03-21-2006   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
I would want something higher in this draft besides a 15 and 22. The Jets at 4 and 29 get a little more interesting however
Well, I never said JUST 4 and 29, i simply said maybe they would be interested in trading up.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #12
DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net
Rookie

The Jets still have to sign the paper to make it a legal trade.
DaveCarr@andrejohnson.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

A major player for what?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #14
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
A major player for what?
Women?
Old 03-21-2006   #15
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
The Broncos have been wanting to trade up this year all along, and they definitely got the best end of this deal:

Broncos:
Gave up #29 and mid round pick in 2006 and 2007. (640 + apr. 200-250 more points = 840-890 pts.)
Get #15 pick (1050 pts.)

Falcons:
Gave up 15 pick
Get mid round pick in 2006 and 2007 and John Abraham

Jets:
Gave up John Abraham
Get #29 pick

Last edited by MorKnolle; 03-21-2006 at 09:12 PM.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro
I thought they wanted to move out of two 1st rounders? This makes them a major player now.
The Broncos were never looking to move both 1st rounders, they were entertaining offers to send off one of their 1st round picks this year for a future 1st and an extra pick and had also been exploring options to move up this year. With this deal they moved up in 14 spots in this draft for two mid-round picks, nice move on their part.
Old 03-21-2006   #17
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Quote:
A major player for what?
To move up and get a player they covet. Vernon Davis might make sense.
Old 03-21-2006   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I could see that. I could really see the Niners trading down with them because they have a lot of needs on both sides of the ball.
Old 03-21-2006   #19
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I could see that. I could really see the Niners trading down with them because they have a lot of needs on both sides of the ball.
That could be a very possible option.
Old 03-21-2006   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

If you think about it, that would be a win-win situation for both teams. Niners would get two picks in a deep draft and the Broncos would get an upgrade over an important player they just lost.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read