Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2004   #1
Mrs. Football
waterboy

Question Has anyone noticed the "forgotten" rookies

While they played well on Saturday, I noticed a few rookies who are not so celebrated, but who look like they will be tremendous assets. We all know Robinson and Babin, but what about the other guys. Does anyone have love for them? At the end of the game I saw R. Orr # 59 make a sack, and I haven't heard one thing about it. Can someone tell me why that is?
Mrs. Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The lack of love is because the other rookies were playing against other rookies for spot on the team.

Raheem Orr is fighting for a spot in the league period. Babin and Robinson are trying to prove they are starters in the league.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I particularly thought Lord stood out pretty well the last game. He was flying all over the field and he even came up with an INT. Starling played nice and showed his speed but didn't bring his hands with him. Sloan Thomas looked good to with the one catch he made for a first down. I would like to see his name called more though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004   #4
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Charlie Anderson continues to have a strong camp too.
Old 08-18-2004   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think the rookie with the biggest beef would be Charlie Anderson. He played very well, and didn't get much talk about him. Lord played well too, but there was some chatter about him back and forth. I believe Anderson played with the 2nd teamers, and it wasn't always a rookie on rookie thing. He played a role very similar to Peek. He came down as a DE when it was a passing situation. I think Anderson will definately make the roster, and Duff too. An important thing to note is that the 1st rounders may get a lot of publicity, but they also face the most scrutiny from fans too.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a Renteria fan and you saw him put Henson down. I know he's a longshot to make the team but I'm hoping he can earn himself a spot on the practice squad at least and that after a year of working with us he can make a push in 2005.
Old 08-18-2004   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all over the lost rooks.

I think Anderson is ahead of R. Orr at the moment. Duff, Thomas and Starling have all done well. Lord is very intriguing because of his size.

But we've only played one preseason game. Wait until after the Denver game and it will all become clearer.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2004   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Kinda echoing most. Anderson seems to be the third best rookie on our team. I think he looked very well last Saturday, lets hope he continues to improve.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #9
Mrs. Football
waterboy

Thumbs up

Thanks to all for your replies. Anyone going to the game Saturday (8/21)? I'll be there!
Mrs. Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #10
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

yeah still waiting the time to see glenn earl step out on the field...he isn't listed on the pup list anymore...hopefully he'll get some playing time in the near future...but overall i've been impressed with anderson and starling
Old 08-20-2004   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl was practicing last night. I saw him in on coverages with the backup units.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read