Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2006   #1
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Default OMG the Texans might be good

Wow, by what we have done so far in FA (not that bad) is kind of cool, because the signing period isnt over and we have great spots in the draft.

With Kubiak as our Head coach, our offense can be great, so all we will need to worry about is our D, with Dunta leading the way (plus he guaranteed that they would never go 2-14 again.), we might be back in the mix on Defense, so my question to the Fans is, How good do you think the texans will be next season?

Your thoughts
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #2
mike230765
Rookie

the way things are going right now i think that we will atleast be 8-8 if we pickup at least one of the FA linemen that have visited. the draft will take care of the defense and depth on the "O" and "D".

I am really getting excited about the season!!!!!!!!!!

mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #3
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

I hate replying to my own thread, but I forgot to mention that our team is reallly young,
Offense:

David Carr-5th year
Dominick Davis-4th year
Reggie Bush-Rookie Year
Jerome Mathis-2nd year
Andre Johnson-4th year
Jeb Putzier-(not sure)-6th year

Defense:

Travis Johnson-2nd year
Kenneth Pettway(Won't Play, but I like him either way)-2nd year
Glenn Earl-3rd year
C.C. Brown-2nd year
Dunta Robinson-3rd year
Phillip Buchanon-5th year
Morlon Greenwood-6th year

So is this team gonna be good soon?
Old 03-21-2006   #4
c5demon
Rookie

Is the glass half Full or half Empty?
c5demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #5
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

what kind of question is that?
Old 03-21-2006   #6
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

I can see 7-9 next season, but hoping for more. It doesn't hurt to dream.
Old 03-21-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Some folks around me are calling it our first winning season...but I'm going to refrain from optimism right now until I see the team after the dust settles.

We are heading in the right direction, though, so that's always a good thing.
Old 03-21-2006   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
#43 01-18-2006
Texan Asylum
<---My New Store Join Date: Oct 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe when this team gets it's first win next season, things will get to snowballing in regards to excitement and spirit. With all this teams been thru and the suppression it's endured, it'll explode like a freshly pruned tree. I really believe the turnaround will be astounding. I don't think this team is as bad as the record would indicate, and most of the coaches from the opposing teams we've played stated the same thing. Most said in interviews prior to the games that this team isn't as bad as the record would indicate so they shouldn't be taken lightly. With the new staff in place and the different schemes tailored to the gifts of the squad, I believe the change will be miraculous. Write it on a calendar. 01/18/06 TA__________________
Who am I, that the Lord of all Creation, would care to know my name.

A post from earlier in the year that I'll continue to stand by. Excuse the repost, but I believe we'll set the AFC South and and the rest of the NFL on fire with the turn around. I wish I could be at the first game. I bet the atmosphere will be electrifyingly dynamic.
Old 03-21-2006   #9
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

If we made these accquisations and no other team improved then i'd say we could possibly have a wildcard chance. However with the fact that most of the other teams made massive good additions I beleive we will have no better then a 8-8 and thats setting high standards. Unless we draft right in the draft and then maybe we can pull a 9-7...Or if we get a #2 WR thats a definite and some OL that can push more then a beer back...
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #10
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

im not gonna drink the kool aid just yet. 2-14 isnt righted in one offseason......4-12 is a moderate goal for me, and thats what im sticking with. i hope we get the playoffs, but my glass is half empty

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #11
houstonbuckeye
Rookie

Default I hope to see the texans go 8-8

I hope to see the texans go 8-8 this season this would be a step in the right direction.
houstonbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #12
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope? I HOPE they go 16-0, thats what I'me talking about. Of course thats not going to happen, but in the NFL these days a quick turnaround is possible. So I want to see a winning season, something around 9-7 or 10-6, and of course I would like for one of those W's to be against the Cowboys. I'm liking what I'm seeing, thats for sure. Go Texans!
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #13
ClintonPortis26
Rookie

When I read this title I said two things to myself...

1. Not if they draft Reggie Bush...

2. Since when does the team with the year before 1st overall pick become really good?

EDIT: I will admit though, Gary Kubiak will have this Franchise up and running in a few seasons. Then you just need to get rid of Charlie Casserly...
Old 03-24-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
im not gonna drink the kool aid just yet. 2-14 isnt righted in one offseason......4-12 is a moderate goal for me, and thats what im sticking with. i hope we get the playoffs, but my glass is half empty
I don't think we were that bad .. I mean we lost a lot of close games yet scoreboard is scoreboard so we were bad.. I think with the talent of the Texans the whole team didn't buy into capers (fangio/pendry) philosophy, plus the way we drafted didn't fit into the scheme of what they wanted to do , imo (i.e if you want to be a grind it out , 3 yards and a cloud of dust.. why go #1 overall Qb and #3 overall WR ? why not get OL and veteran FA QB and stud RB?) ... what I think is the best overall improvement of this offense is getting McKinney out of center and getting an offensive minded coach for this talented bunch (also getting Bradford out was a plus... nothing personal against Bradford but as many "oh my" good catches he had..there were the same if not more "oh my" drops.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #15
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

YoU say that they might be good...how about that they will be good.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #16
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5demon
Is the glass half Full or half Empty?
looks full to me
Old 03-24-2006   #17
Dunta_23
All Pro

Im hoping for 7-8 wins, my realistic number is probably 5-6
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #18
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i am thinking between 8-10 wins, i would be happy with that. yeah really happy.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Folks, ya need to look at who we will be playing this season before getting all giddy. We have what LOOKS like a very tough schedule coming up. A 6-10 season would be a real solid season with us playing those teams. I do think that we will not look like the inept fools we did last year though.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #20
tex
Veteran

I'm thinking between 5-7 wins this year. I am hoping for more though.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read