Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Lions are actually smart this time

expwrlifter

Practice Squad
I must say I am proud of the Detroit Lions they have enough courage to say that they made a mistake and let go of Joey Harrington... wish our FO would do the same... Instead they bring in Sage R... yeah great competition for DC....

The Texans really have a chance to get the Texas Market...but I think the Cowboys sealed it up with the T.O.. signing..

Thanks FO... you do a great job..:ok:

expwrlifter said:
I must say I am proud of the Detroit Lions they have enough courage to say that they made a mistake and let go of Joey Harrington... wish our FO would do the same... Instead they bring in Sage R... yeah great competition for DC....

The Texans really have a chance to get the Texas Market...but I think the Cowboys sealed it up with the T.O.. signing..

Move along now you cowgirl.

expwrlifter

Practice Squad
i love you DC lovers you always want to bash people...

And a little advice dont care too much for the cowboys.. but do like T.O. as a player but not his off field actions...

He does know how to do one thing DC will never do... WIN!! :redtowel:

Go ahead and bash me some more...

I think the comparison you made between Carr and Harrington is unjust because their situations were so different. However I do agree the lions did the smart thing in cutting their losses.

As far as the Cowboys locking up the Texas fanbase. I think that's wrong, wins lock that up and in a few yrs. or maybe even next yr. if we get enough wins we could be the best team in Texas.

I agree the FO is doing a good job this offseason. Umm.. I'm not being sarcastic.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
expwrlifter said:
Its alot better then bashing the team with tireless rants of constant whining because they don't want to draft Young.

expwrlifter

Practice Squad
I didnt mean so much of fanbase cause honestly i dont think we will ever come close to the cowboy fanbase but I was more less talking of the TV market.. We dont get games in ATX or DFW anymore. Its hurting the Texans worse than you think.

As for the FO I am glad some people think that... cause the media and other fans dont agree... If so why has this MB died down in the last month or so...

Grid

All Pro
are you sure it has? I beleive we just broke the record for simultaneous users on at one time just a couple weeks ago.

Also.. the fact that it has "died down" may have something to do with the fact that FA has slowed down, and the Combine is over.

Also.. our viewing area will increase with wins.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Carr Bomb said:
Its alot better then bashing the team with tireless rants of constant whining because they don't want to draft Young.
Where did he mention drafting Young? Admitting that Carr is a bust does not automatically make one a Young supporter.

I often wonder if a few seasons from now some of us will be thinking about what "might have been" if the Texans would have drafted Leinhart.

I will be behind Carr this coming season, again giving him the benefit of the doubt. This is only because of the new staff. If he continues to be his old self next season, I will firmly be for dumping him.

TexanFan881

All Pro
I'd give Carr one more year before we start calling him a bust, but that's what he's been so far. He still has a long career ahead of him and hopefully we won't be calling him a bust at this point next year.

I think with a "revamped" offense, with a couple new players and coaching staff, David is in a position to suceed.

Trap_Star

SiteContributor
TexanFan881 said:
I'd give Carr one more year before we start calling him a bust, but that's what he's been so far. He still has a long career ahead of him and hopefully we won't be calling him a bust at this point next year.

I think with a "revamped" offense, with a couple new players and coaching staff, David is in a position to suceed.
I agree. In 06 he will be the 05 version of Jake Plummer.....:ok:

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Hookem Horns said:
Where did he mention drafting Young? Admitting that Carr is a bust does not automatically make one a Young supporter.
this isn't the first time this guy has come on here just to trash the team and with his past posts you can tell what agenda he was pushing.

Also with this post:

expwrlifter said:

And a little advice dont care too much for the cowboys.. but do like T.O. as a player but not his off field actions...

I don't remember anybody talking about Carr, you see it works both ways.

I for one am excited about next season regardless of whos QBing the team. If the FO wants to get another QB and they feel thats the way to go, then by all the means do it, but this FO and our new Coach Kubiak has stated many times Carr is his guy and He feels He is the man for his system, but instead of people giving Kubiak the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise on the field, they bash him and the FO and try to project all Capers failures on him.

expwrlifter

Practice Squad
what would be funny if like you said this time next year we are asking ourselves what could have been?

If DC does become the big bust he has been so far what do all the DC lovers say? Do they leave the board and say I am sorry...

One thing I just thought of... Maybe CC was kept becuase if DC is a bust he can be the guinea pig... just a thought...

And yes Wins will bring back somethings but not the market the TExans need right now... If I am not mistaken after this year if Reliant is not sold out then local blackouts take effect... I hope someone is thinking about this stuff...

And Sage R as DC competition...yeah good one..

Arggg, someone living in Dallas and joined the site in 2006. Yep, a VY lover for sure. Probably never seen a Texans game except on TV. Please take your VY crap to Tennessee or somewhere, we dont want, need it, nor enjoy it here. I love the job the FO is doing and I am a season ticket holder...:redtowel:

Trap_Star

SiteContributor
expwrlifter said:
what would be funny if like you said this time next year we are asking ourselves what could have been?

If DC does become the big bust he has been so far what do all the DC lovers say? Do they leave the board and say I am sorry...

One thing I just thought of... Maybe CC was kept becuase if DC is a bust he can be the guinea pig... just a thought...

And yes Wins will bring back somethings but not the market the TExans need right now... If I am not mistaken after this year if Reliant is not sold out then local blackouts take effect... I hope someone is thinking about this stuff...

And Sage R as DC competition...yeah good one..
Draft Brady Quinn......:ok: :)

expwrlifter said:
I didnt mean so much of fanbase cause honestly i dont think we will ever come close to the cowboy fanbase but I was more less talking of the TV market.. We dont get games in ATX or DFW anymore. Its hurting the Texans worse than you think.

As for the FO I am glad some people think that... cause the media and other fans dont agree... If so why has this MB died down in the last month or so...
This MB hasn't died down so much as returned to some sort of normalcy. Two months ago there was an explosion of activity after the Rose Bowl. A lot of the ppl that posted during that time no longer post and didn't post before then either. Also there are always a bunch of people on the site. Just because they don't post doesn't mean they aren't reading. Hell I didn't post until after a yr. of having registered.

expwrlifter

Practice Squad
Thats right you are a veteran...you joined almost a year ago.. and to answer your question... yes have been to a Texans game ... got free tickets to the game becaue they didnt want to waste there money on the parking.... Should tell you how bad our talent is on the field....

And didnt say we are doing some good things in the FO but overall what type of grade would you give our FO.... seriously think about this...

And Yes I would like VY to play for the Texans but if there is a way we can trade down and get multiple picks and still get VY i am all for it.

Plus I live in Dallas for my job but grew up in Houston my whole life and was part of the LUV YA BLUE days... so maybe you should rethink your words...

expwrlifter said:

I agree with you CC is a joke. Even MM knew when to finally give up. Oh well, it's still hard to figure why so many fans will make excuses for David Carr.
Carr isn't a winning QB and his leadership skill sucks. CC you did a great job with that pick.

:pigfly:

expwrlifter said:

i really think there is one move the texans could do to seal up the texas market wich will not be mentioned i think the cowboys are way ahead at this point but we still have a draft alot of things can change. but back to the topic i really respect the lions for basicly admiting they were wrong with the draft pick it takes alot of heart to do that some teams still live in denial.:twocents:

expwrlifter said:
And didnt say we are doing some good things in the FO but overall what type of grade would you give our FO.... seriously think about this...
I would give them a B. They have filled needs and done so at reasonable prices. They could have been more active and could still do alot of things in the offseason. Howeever the moves they have made have improved the team.

Also, just wanted to point out this thread is getting off topic. This thread should have been in the NFL discussion.

expwrlifter

Practice Squad
Watch out Kimble... you will get the VY lover label.. and the Rookie label because you joined in 2006 ...

Lets see the people that will label you...DC LOVERS..

I hope we can save this boards to see how good we are this time next year....:brickwall

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
bkimble said:
I agree with you CC is a joke. Even MM knew when to finally give up. Oh well, it's still hard to figure why so many fans will make excuses for David Carr.
Carr isn't a winning QB and his leadership skill sucks. CC you did a great job with that pick.

:pigfly:
Here comes the Harrington crowd again. They never got over Carr being drafted ahead of Harrington. We had the continuous rants in the 1st year and now they continue. I guess Harrington beat Carr this time. That is he was the 1st to be fired....

expwrlifter

Practice Squad
Funny one about the first to be fired...must say I laughed on that one...

I am glad that someone agrees with me on admitting there wrong doing... It does take alot to admit you are wrong on a draft choice...

Trap_Star

SiteContributor
expwrlifter said:
Watch out Kimble... you will get the VY lover label.. and the Rookie label because you joined in 2006 ...

Lets see the people that will label you...DC LOVERS..

I hope we can save this boards to see how good we are this time next year....:brickwall
You probably wont be part of this MB by the end of the draft....:rolleyes:

expwrlifter

Practice Squad
Nah Star not a bandwagon guy.. will still watch or should I say listen to the games because we dont get them here in DFW but it will be disappointing if we fail again this year after all the excuses we have made for our team and DC...

We will be the laughing stock of Texas again.. And personally I dont want that..

expwrlifter said:

Yep, he has won his way to exactly how many SuperBowls?

expwrlifter said:

What has TO won? He's played in one Super Bowl, but it was the Eagles that got them to that game. He didn't play at the end of the season or the playoffs. He had a wonderful game against the Patriots, but they lost. He's a talent and I still think the Texans can upgrade in that department, but the man's a cancer. Players don't want him on their team. He isn't going to shift the balance of power in the NFC to the Cowboys.