Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-20-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ricky Manning?

Have the Texans shown any interest in Carolina Panthers CB Ricky Manning? He'd be a great CB to pair with DRob, and is a restricted free agent garnering only 3rd round compensation. If we are going to take DB anyway, why not look at him?

Stats (Over 3 years)
Tackles - 147
Passes Defended - 22
Forced Fumbles - 2
Interceptions - 9
Touchdowns - 1
Old 03-20-2006   #2
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

With those 2 3rd round picks being the 1st 2 of the 3rd round I don't think it worth losing one for Manning. Now, since the Pats have expressed an interest in Peek and the Texans and Pats could work out a deal where the Texans got a 3rd and maybe a 2nd or 3rd next year instead of the 1st that they don't want to give up...it could be something to look at.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
With those 2 3rd round picks being the 1st 2 of the 3rd round I don't think it worth losing one for Manning. Now, since the Pats have expressed an interest in Peek and the Texans and Pats could work out a deal where the Texans got a 3rd and maybe a 2nd or 3rd next year instead of the 1st that they don't want to give up...it could be something to look at.

I doubt the Pats want to give up their first, but I would galdly take their second and third round this year instead.
Old 03-20-2006   #4
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
I doubt the Pats want to give up their first, but I would galdly take their second and third round this year instead.
They haven't signed the offer sheet because they don't want to give up the first. I don't blame them. The teams could work out a deal similar to what SF and Washington did, though. If the Texans can pick up a day 1 pick this season and next for Peek I say they do it.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
They haven't signed the offer sheet because they don't want to give up the first. I don't blame them. The teams could work out a deal similar to what SF and Washington did, though. If the Texans can pick up a day 1 pick this season and next for Peek I say they do it.
Hell, I'd give them peek for a third round pick next year alone. Peek is overrated, and I will be glad to see him move on. He is not a solution at DE.
Old 03-20-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard of him, but I've never really seen him in action. Is he the 2nd CB behind Ken Lucas? Is he any good?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #7
TreWardTxn
Veteran

I think Manning is well beyond an above-average CB, he started the entire season the Panthers went to the Superbowl. That said, for whatever reason, he pretty much has lost his starting job to Chris Gamble (who is good) and apparently isn't playing at a top level.

Dude did have one of the freakiest picks I've seen when he was at UCLA (completly besides the point...)
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2006   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

For the right price, also bring him on. But seriously, he is a good CB who may or may have fallen out of favor with his previous team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #9
Buzz
Veteran

I think the only reason he might be out of favor with the Panthers coaching staff is that Gamble and Lucas are probably a little more aggressive. It would be worth a third rounder to get him since his experience would most likely help a lot in making the DBs better.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #10
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think he is worth a 3rd round pick.

There was one game where he got 3 picks in one game if I remember right, and it was a playoff game. I might be thinking of someone else though...
Old 03-20-2006   #11
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I think he is worth a 3rd round pick.

There was one game where he got 3 picks in one game if I remember right, and it was a playoff game. I might be thinking of someone else though...
Yep, thats him.......Thats pretty much all he's known for...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #12
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

No...Ricky Manning sucks. Don't want him here. I saw him play in high-school...dude's a ***.
Old 03-20-2006   #13
Eyeguy
Veteran

Peek can hit the road. Maybe the Pats will get him to controll himself on the field and pay his child support.
Eyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #14
outofhnd
All Pro

I have a feeling Peek Will play weakside OLB in the 4-3. Just say no to Ricky Manning. He will probably want big money.
Old 03-21-2006   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Peek is going to play DE not OLB
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #16
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I've heard of him, but I've never really seen him in action. Is he the 2nd CB behind Ken Lucas? Is he any good?
in the year before lasts playoffs he really helped the pats get their third superbowl, in the championship game he had i think 3 ints. he's not to bad of a player.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #17
outofhnd
All Pro

Are you certain of that because the LB coaches said they would like to have him at LB. Just something I read. I think he would have to add like 10 pounds or so to be on the end.
Old 03-21-2006   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I believe he said that he is going to be playing DE next season.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #19
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
Are you certain of that because the LB coaches said they would like to have him at LB. Just something I read. I think he would have to add like 10 pounds or so to be on the end.

oh its not hard to gain 10 pounds trust me, now mine would be fat i think his would have to be muscle.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #20
Huge1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
in the year before lasts playoffs he really helped the pats get their third superbowl, in the championship game he had i think 3 ints. he's not to bad of a player.
Panthers, not the Pats.
Huge1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read