Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-20-2006   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Coaches and players leaving = Fresh air

I don't know that we'll see great results from our FA signings, but I do know that I personally have a fresh outlook on this team because we have allowed some players that have been here a long time to move onto other teams.

Bradford NOT being on this team makes me excited to watch passing plays again, instead of gripping the arm of my chair as I pray through clinched teeth that the ball is not heading in his direction. Will he drop it AGAIN? Oops, he actually caught the uncatchable ball but later drops a wide open pass for a key firstdown or TD. (Sigh)

Gaffney NOT being on this team gets rid of the endless speculation that he's ready to be a number 2 go-to receiver on this team. No more wondering. No more holding his spot on the roster because he's part of the gang.

Gary Walker NOT being on this team makes me be able to see sideline shots during the game and not get angry that G-Funk is decked out in casual dress because of a nagging injury that should heal by about week 15.

Tony Banks NOT being on this team makes me think that a guy like Ragone who did his duty like a man and went to Europe and lit up the stat sheets, when we even wondered if he could throw the ball at all, might get a shot at the job if Carr can't turn it around in the first few weeks of the season. In the preseason, the team (even though it was 2nd or 3rd stringers) looked a heckuva' lot more in sync than the first teamers under Carr. The chains moved. Catches were made. There was a rhythm to it.

Dom Capers NOT being the coach of this team, along with most of his staff, makes me believe that our players will now be utilized as they should be: In a more dynamic way, allowing them to use their explosiveness and to not be shackled with "run-run-pass to the RB" every offensive series. Fourth and inches on the opponents 10-yard line with 2 minutes left in the game will be more fun because we will probably go for the first and not kick the FG when we're down by 12. Postgame comments by Kubiak will be more interesting because Kubiak is a deep thinker who won't rattle off the tired cliches we're accustomed to getting from Capers. In fact, we might see Kubiak stare down a reporter or two when he gets asked a question that doesn't even deserve an answer....dead air for an awkward amount of time as the room of reporters chuckle and Kubiak continues his Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry stare. He just coaches and then goes into film room and gets right back to work. It'll be good TV the first time he has to try and answer some lame-brain reporter's question and Kubiak just decides to bristle rather than play the game.

All of this is to say that a few of the long-term Texans are gone and I know it'll at least help to know that Kubiak is not holding over certain players for this season just because they were here for so long. It makes you want to watch the off-season reports, the training camp battles, and the pre-season play because nobody's job is safe. Not even Carr's.

Do you smell what the Kube is cooking?
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #2
Bsacamano
Rookie

Default Agreed

I could not agree with you more....especially with respect to Bradford, Walker and Capers
Bsacamano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #3
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

I wouldn't be all-too disappointed if we re-signed gaffney
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rpAn
I wouldn't be all-too disappointed if we re-signed gaffney
Gaffney is an Eagle now...
Old 03-20-2006   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

That breath of fresh air is more than just the vacuum of people leaving. We have a positive, engaged new head coach who knows how to talk to the players and fire them up. He doesn't speak "robotically" or in cliches. He has a real plan, can articulate it, and the team will follow it. He'll generate excitement in the players, just as Dom generated stoicism.

I expect good things this season. Let it rip.
Old 03-20-2006   #6
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I'm with z0rpan on J. Gaffney. Wouldn't have minded him being resigned.

Who all is going to the draft party on draft day?
Old 03-20-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Do you smell what the Kube is cooking?
I will now call my workspace, the Kubicle.
Old 03-20-2006   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I like chicken fried steak made out of fresh Kubed Steak.

(This is going to get out of hand really quick, isn't it?)

Old 03-20-2006   #9
texman8
Veteran

Kubik's cube?
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

No, it should be Rubix Kube...
Old 03-20-2006   #11
whiskeyrbl

allowing them to use their explosiveness and to not be shackled with "run-run-pass to the RB" every offensive series.
I'm sorry i have to correct you it was run,WR screen/dump off to RB,sack,punt.
Old 03-20-2006   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

All teenage Texans fans are no longer going through the stages of puberty...it has now been officially changed to Kuberty.

That was pretty lame-o...sorry...
Old 03-20-2006   #13
whiskeyrbl

Now we need an ELECTRIC song for the team to come on the field to
Maybe some GODSMACK
Old 03-20-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Its electric, boogie woogie.
Old 03-20-2006   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, the signing of a tight end has certainly brightened up the place. I like it.
Old 03-20-2006   #16
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Man, the signing of a tight end has certainly brightened up the place. I like it.

haha yeah ur right every seems alot more up beat now. i like it though.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Don't worry, it will return to the bitter debate in two days after "he whose name must not be spoken" has his pro day.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #18
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Don't worry, it will return to the bitter debate in two days after "he whose name must not be spoken" has his pro day.

oh well atleast its a change of pace from what i've got used to on this board. i'll just try to enjoy it.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I thought "he whose name must not be spoken" was Seth Wand - or is he the invisible man?
Old 03-20-2006   #20
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I'm glad that Capers is gone, I'll admit that I don't get to see many games. But seeing him stand with his mouth open, staring into nothing. It was a very sad sight.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read